Author Topic: apology  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
apology
« on: February 21, 2011, 04:55:53 PM »
I would like to apologize to anyone who has run across me in the late war arenas who thinks I am rude for not communicating back.
It is not intentional.
I'm new to being online and am having trouble with several things.

I have trouble trying to remember which radio is which when I have somebody on my 6 shooting at me and someone is trying to communicate with me. Also I am a slow typist.

I have a Dell XPS 400 with XP PRO & I gig ram. Video card is a nvidia 7300 GE, which I think is beginning to fail.
Through reading the forums I have started to learn more about my computer.
I have created a profile for AH and when I go online I have it down to 19 processes.
I know I need to max out my ram to 4 gig, and I need a better video card. Also a powered hub is on my shopping list as well as a mic.

My internet connection is with Cricket. A real piece of crap. But right now I have no choice.
It is probably the worst provider on the market and I would advise anyone who asks never use them. It has lost connection as often as every 5 minutes in the past week. Late at night it has gone for as long as 2 hours without dropping the connection. But usuall about every half an hour

So if I am slow to respond to anyone now you know why.

I only fly P-38s. I've been in love with them since I was a kid in Burbank. My parents met in 1943 on the P-38 assembly line at Lockheed.

So bear with  me as I get up to speed.

LtngRydr
Knights
Butch Ryder   :old:   :salute
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Re: apology
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 05:07:45 PM »
Welcome aboard Butch! I envy all the new fun your about to have!  :aok
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 05:09:46 PM »
Welcome, Lab Rat! I like you already!

As you are discovering, your current computer CAN play the current version of Aces High, but there will be frustrations, and you'll need to pay a lot of attention to keeping it "clean" and optimized. It sounds like you can handle it, though!

:salute

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 05:19:17 PM »
I would like to apologize to anyone who has run across me in the late war arenas who thinks I am rude for not communicating back.
It is not intentional.

So if I am slow to respond to anyone now you know why.

Butch Ryder   :old:   :salute

Bumped into ya the other day sir.......No worries Ltng...welcome to the game  :aok
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:21:21 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 06:06:58 PM »
No worries Butch.

Look for a trainer in the training arena, we might be able to help you get up to speed.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »
Welcome sir  :salute

Now run for your life because this is a worse addiction than heroin, just no tracks.

Really glad you found us!
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »
LTNGRYDR, dude you are doing fine, you got 7 kills already !  And it just keeps getting better....................... ..
Wag more, bark less.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 06:12:36 PM »

Seems like I have been having more problems with guys who feel the need to communicate with me lately...   :rofl

Don't worry about it, and welcome to AH2!   :salute

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 06:26:53 PM »
welcome, butch! :aok

as for video cards and RAM, i highly recommend the ATi Radeon HD 5770. relatively cheap, and fantastic graphics. make sure you get atleast 4 GB of DDR3 RAM

hope this helps, enjoy the novelty of the game while it lasts! :salute
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 06:42:11 PM »
Howdy there LtngRydr, I've seen you on the vox channel a few times and I'm happy to try get you up to speed in game.  If you see me online again feel free to ask any questions that come up.  Like we were discussing the other night SHIFT+\ to communicate in text on the vox channel so we can can keep some of the conversation off the public channels, or we can take it to a private channel if need be. 

There's a lot to go through and it takes time but part of the fun is learning new things (I've been here years and I'm still learning which is probably why I'm still here).  Just take it one step at a time and things will start to fall into place, I also think it helps to have something outside of but related to the game to keep the interest there and help through the rough patches.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 06:52:39 PM »
Welcome aboard Butch,
If anyone gives you crap about not giving them a check 6 dont sweat it, its their own fault anyway having poor SA......    :salute

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2011, 06:57:54 PM »
welcome to the ah addiction...don't sweat the comms issue

a bit of hardware advice...with windows xp pro, 4 gigs of ram would be a bit of a waste...xp pro only recognizes 3 gigs of total system memory (including video card memory)...to have full use of 4+ gigabytes of ram, you would have to upgrade to a 64 bit operating system...

your mobo uses ddr2 667mhz ram...save some money and add 1 gig of ram and a graphic card with 1gb of memory...as wildcat suggested the radeon 5770 is a good affordable choice...and upgrade your power supply to at least 600 watts...that will get you a performance boost until you upgrade your operating system.

as for your internet connection...if you're using cricket 3g broadband...yikes...you have to be within a couple of miles of a tower to get decent connection...just a guess that there is no way to even get dsl to your house?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »

Don't worry about it, and welcome to AH2!   :salute

Its no longer AH2, mow its just AH. For some reason they took the 2 out.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 10:05:34 AM »
Welcome aboard sir <S>

As you can see already if you have a question there are tons of guys here that will help you.  I've been playing off and on for a little over four years and I still have questions.  That's the fun part of the game.  So long as you've got an active imagination you can have all manner of entertainment.

Same as everybody else.  If I can help you out let me know.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Doc72

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 10:56:34 AM »
Welcome........to the game!!!!

:cheers:  :salute

Doc
Doc72CH
XO 364th C-Hawks
Professional bait
aka: sparky