Author Topic: just logged out at 10:55 pm eastern  (Read 4353 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: just logged out at 10:55 pm eastern
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2011, 11:56:20 AM »
dicho.....if you know what kind it is.....i have a couple older computers laying around......i'd be glad to ship one of those ps's to ya........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
Same here, Dicho.  What size are you looking for?  :aok

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2011, 12:11:28 PM »
  If he were to send me a pm because I was stepping on my crank
You listen to Russ Martin? :D

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2011, 12:13:10 PM »
my answers or views of your post, jimson ( in blue test )

Agreed.

Hopefully, as people get "assimilated" into the culture, things will balance out as they learn by example.
 :salute

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2011, 12:38:53 PM »
I was there last night too and logged around the same time as Cap. I had a lot of fun, as usual. There were some things going on that weren't so fun, but one has to adjust. I had some really great 1v2s, 3s, etc. I never really expect to survive these, but its not for lack of trying. I think that most people have a "When in Rome" mentality. The only really unfun thing I saw going on was some trash talking, and I seriously wish that would stop.
My feeling regarding "Gentalman"s Dueling Arena", is that for the most part the participants are those very people who regularly contrubute to this forum, so in most respects we all pretty much know each other and have flown with and agianst each other. When the numbers are low, you know who you will be fighting. In the MA's every one is pretty much anonamous, so tactics which might be demed "ungentlemanly"occur at a higher frequency (my oppinion only). My belief is that if a new player continues on in this arena he/she will come to appreciate the style of play that happens here, and so in time this becomes self correcting.

Just my Buck o' five
<S>
Carver

Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2011, 12:46:53 PM »
i gotta admit.....i had a guy in a 109, not only bnz'ing me, but he also tried making those "hi angle deflection" shots from my 12. dodged a couple times......gave up and ho'd back. i really shouldn't have done that, but it was agitating, and i kinda lost control of myself. he collided me on that last pass, but had obviously missed with his guns, as i took no damage at all.

the biggest thing that surprised me, is that the last couple times i've seen this map, it has generated constant on-going fights. i mean real fights, not a gaggle of planes hanging up in relative safety, waiting for a low con to come by. i mean engaging, and staying engaged till you kilt, or got kilt, be it at 5k alt, or 5ft alt.

TC.. i understand what you meant concerning getting things out in the open.......

i almost hate to go here again, but.......what would happen if we were to turn of score, and/or rank for a week or two? could that possibly end the "safe" fighting, and bring back the all out battles we've become accustomed to in here?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2011, 12:51:11 PM »
i don't remember cap...could have sworn having the stats turned off had no effect on anything but...i don't pay enough attention to stats or name in lights to notice one way or the other...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2011, 12:58:53 PM »
i don't remember cap...could have sworn having the stats turned off had no effect on anything but...i don't pay enough attention to stats or name in lights to notice one way or the other...

me either. i thought when i first started coming in here, that the scores were off.....and there were always fights. it was just a thought..........

my thoughts may not be all that good today though.....woke up in a so-so mood.....walk outside, to 4 inches of snow on my jeep....roads were friggin ice, and nothing's going right at the shop today. i keep coming up here to take breaks from the bs going on in the bays, as it helps me keep my sanity.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2011, 01:02:19 PM »
sounds like how my day started...  :bhead ...almost bust my behind on ice under fresh snow...car buried in snow and it was clean yesterday when i parked it...18 minute drive to work took 1hr 15min...get to work and it's a lot of little annoying b.s.
jarhed  

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2011, 01:05:06 PM »
Wasnt taking a dig at Cap Gyrene, my looking for comment was merely an indication I want to fight with them, or fly with them, I'm easy like that  :D

Not sure turning off score will help, fwiw, people fly how they like, not sure any score differential will change it.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2011, 01:09:00 PM »
Wasnt taking a dig at Cap Gyrene, my looking for comment was merely an indication I want to fight with them, or fly with them, I'm easy like that  :D
oh no wurzel...i was just stating in general terms, nothing you said specifically...

:cry wish i could have made it in last night...sounds like i missed some fun...hopefully i can get in tonight though

jarhed  

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2011, 01:11:05 PM »
No worries bud, just clarifying is all (dont like confusion, i'm old and easily confused). Now, where did I put that pumpkin?
 ;)

Wurzel (I look forward to flying/fighting with ya too)

I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2011, 01:11:35 PM »
oh no wurzel...i was just stating in general terms, nothing you said specifically...

:cry wish i could have made it in last night...sounds like i missed some fun...hopefully i can get in tonight though

i didn't take anything anyone said as any sort of digs...........i can say i will not be on tonight, unless my mood changes drastically.....if i log in in this mood, i'll be one of the ultra melons........and i'm not gonna do that to this arena.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2011, 01:15:38 PM »
if i log in in this mood, i'll be one of the ultra melons........and i'm not gonna do that to this arena.

Aw  'cmon  I always enjoy a new squeeky toy to play with.  :angel:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2011, 01:17:48 PM »
Aw  'cmon  I always enjoy a new squeeky toy to play with.  :angel:

ok....gotta admit...that made me laugh, although the soda through the nose isn't so funny....... :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"