Author Topic: just logged out at 10:55 pm eastern  (Read 4352 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
just logged out at 10:55 pm eastern
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »
from the ava......logged in around 7:30pm. was non-stop action the entire time. some good fights, some bad fights, some great furballs, some sneaky flying......all fun.

BTW,.......we need a clean up in isle 14 please!! bring the heave equipment in.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
Re: just logged out at 10:55 pm eastern
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 01:27:19 AM »
from the ava......logged in around 7:30pm. was non-stop action the entire time. some good fights, some bad fights, some great furballs, some sneaky flying......all fun.

BTW,.......we need a clean up in isle 14 please!! bring the heave equipment in.

Have to agree with alot of Bad fights I am sorry to say this but since I have been flying AvA now non stop it is not like back in the Day when the Fights were clean and fun Ya call it a whine thread and all but tonight got to the point where I went to GV Command got tired of the 10k plus alts getting ganged and all and I understand we want new blood in there and all and make the arena stronger , but I really feel it is going the wrong way and not the scenario based 2 weeks of historical battles the we all sit and plan out for this arena to give people a true meaning at times of history and all.  I love the AvA with the no Icons and it has helped me greatly with SA (at Times when I do not get greedy) and lately I been flying with no tracers to get used to judging distance instead of relying on tracers, I am sorry for the whine but I think alot of the new comers here are not understanding the meaning behind the AvA arena

My whine post for the month

Crazy8s  :furious

PS I may be blame for some of this but I been whipping my squadies about the AvA Ethics also dam been pushing them to come here and all I want to see the Ava Survive and become a good arena to play in but in the same Time we do not need another MA arena and lately it seems like that is what it is turning into   :frown:
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 03:59:21 AM »
Sorry that I am not able to play.  I am stuck on a new system build.  The old vid card burped its last breath.

From what I am hearing, I don't believe this is a new occurrence.  Just looking at the plane set and the map, I would imagine the high altitude fighters would be 109s and Spit Vs (possibly a C2 here and there).

Not every setup will play the same fast paced, wrestling down in the weeds dogfights.  When certain aircraft are available the veteran pilots fly them to their greatest advantage.  The size of the map and the placement of radar and bases, are usually the only other factors that control where the action takes place.

One other factor can be used to direct fights between pre scripted altitudes, but I would only make the suggestion to change the wind conditions in a new setup.  I would let this week play out the way that it is.  In fact, I think that high altitude fights should be just as welcome in the arena as any other. 

I will say though, if you are in a P40B and a 109 decides to play hi yo yo cat and mouse with you, your best survival method would be to go find another fight, or find a willing wingman to help to draw him out of position.  I show my tail feathers, and hope for an overshoot and possible good hits as he shoots on by.

And as far as recording a whine, I believe that I hold that record for that in the AvA  :D  I have protested loud and long about the taters and cannons vs. mgs.  Also, the P40 vs. just about anything.  It has only been recently, after meeting and flying with other "Shadow Chasers" that I have picked up enough tips to make just about any engagement, lopsided or not be a fun experience.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:31:34 AM »

Have to agree with alot of Bad fights I am sorry to say this but since I have been flying AvA now non stop it is not like back in the Day when the Fights were clean and fun Ya call it a whine thread and all but tonight got to the point where I went to GV Command got tired of the 10k plus alts getting ganged and all and I understand we want new blood in there and all and make the arena stronger , but I really feel it is going the wrong way and not the scenario based 2 weeks of historical battles the we all sit and plan out for this arena to give people a true meaning at times of history and all.  I love the AvA with the no Icons and it has helped me greatly with SA (at Times when I do not get greedy) and lately I been flying with no tracers to get used to judging distance instead of relying on tracers, I am sorry for the whine but I think alot of the new comers here are not understanding the meaning behind the AvA arena

My whine post for the month

Crazy8s  :furious

PS I may be blame for some of this but I been whipping my squadies about the AvA Ethics also dam been pushing them to come here and all I want to see the Ava Survive and become a good arena to play in but in the same Time we do not need another MA arena and lately it seems like that is what it is turning into   :frown:
honestly crazy, i actually logged out of the AvA last week just for this reason. i go to AvA because i expect less hording, ganging, HOing, etc but lately because of the new guys we've been getting alot of it. I love the arena i just dont expect MA standards in there because that was what i was trained not to do by AvA regulars in there. In the MAs i believe everything is fair game, in AvA i was trained this is not so. Honestly if we cant beat them, im going to join them soon while in AvA... i dont want to do that...
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 06:49:18 AM »
This isn't a complaint..just a concern. I get the feeling that at times AvA is becoming like MA. Last night a player sat at our field and continuely blasted our spawn with a GV. Yes...could up from another field in an AC, but whats the difference in that and vulching? I even attempted to spawn in a ground vehicle inside the hangar and was killed before I could even get engines started. There has also been an increase in knocking out radar, hangars and other ground objects. There was a bit of HOing last night as well. Just my thoughts. Maybe my idea of what AvA is suppose to be is incorrect.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 07:30:06 AM »
ya'll need to step off your "i have standards" pedestals and think before whining...yes i see  :cry  :cry  :cry ....learn to accept the fact that the diaper gang out numbers the adults in ah...the diaper gang is going to poop somewhere you don't like...you need to figure out how to have your "idea of fun" and enjoy yourself in the midst of the diaper gang and other adults who don't share your ideology...learn how to spoil the idiots fun, and they will leave...letting the actions of others dictate what you do, then complaining about it, is feeding their egos...they know how to get to you and will continue until you leave.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 07:49:29 AM »
Sorry that I am not able to play.  I am stuck on a new system build.  The old vid card burped its last breath.

From what I am hearing, I don't believe this is a new occurrence.  Just looking at the plane set and the map, I would imagine the high altitude fighters would be 109s and Spit Vs (possibly a C2 here and there).

Not every setup will play the same fast paced, wrestling down in the weeds dogfights.  When certain aircraft are available the veteran pilots fly them to their greatest advantage.  The size of the map and the placement of radar and bases, are usually the only other factors that control where the action takes place.

One other factor can be used to direct fights between pre scripted altitudes, but I would only make the suggestion to change the wind conditions in a new setup.  I would let this week play out the way that it is.  In fact, I think that high altitude fights should be just as welcome in the arena as any other. 

I will say though, if you are in a P40B and a 109 decides to play hi yo yo cat and mouse with you, your best survival method would be to go find another fight, or find a willing wingman to help to draw him out of position.  I show my tail feathers, and hope for an overshoot and possible good hits as he shoots on by.

And as far as recording a whine, I believe that I hold that record for that in the AvA  :D  I have protested loud and long about the taters and cannons vs. mgs.  Also, the P40 vs. just about anything.  It has only been recently, after meeting and flying with other "Shadow Chasers" that I have picked up enough tips to make just about any engagement, lopsided or not be a fun experience.

it was mostly 109's and c-2's up there. if i'd take my p-40 to 10k, there was always a few 109's above me. at those points i was too slow to fight, so i'd nose over, build some speed, and hope they'd follow.....mostly they wouldn't. the 1 or 2 that did got me, but that's because they had so much speed built up from the fact that they were already diving on me, i couldn't get out of their guns range to turn......most of the others were staying high. if they did come low, then it was a fun fight.

what's bothersome, is that this map generally generates a lot of low alt. fights.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline NormH3

• Nickel Member
      • We do good things!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 07:53:27 AM »
ya'll need to step off your "i have standards" pedestals and think before whining...yes i see  :cry  :cry  :cry ....learn to accept the fact that the diaper gang out numbers the adults in ah...the diaper gang is going to poop somewhere you don't like...you need to figure out how to have your "idea of fun" and enjoy yourself in the midst of the diaper gang and other adults who don't share your ideology...learn how to spoil the idiots fun, and they will leave...letting the actions of others dictate what you do, then complaining about it, is feeding their egos...they know how to get to you and will continue until you leave.

I get my bellybutton handed to me every night...many times over and never complain because I know most of you have been flying cartoon combat planes many years longer than I have. I have no preconceptions that I'm going to be good at this without spending some time figuring out how to out manaever the bad guys. I dont know of any online game where spawn killing is an OK thing to do. I ronically, later in the evening one of my fellow countryman even warned us to back off the enemy base so that they could get airborne. So yeah..i'm starting to see that there are those out there that do not have a sense of fair play. Im just venting my opinion and concerns. I think I have the right to do that.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:09:15 AM by NormH3 »

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 07:58:37 AM »
Just a suggestion here because I'd do it. 

If I knew a countryman was sitting in a GV doing that I'd try to get him to cut it out politely and diplomatically.  If he gave me any grief I'd put a black mark next to his name in my mind and shun him from there on out or at least until he changed his ways.  Peer pressure is an effective tool in my book.

Gotta go now.  I actually have work to do.

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 08:00:44 AM »
i know who it was that was camping you......never saw him before.

i do also know that at times, it was impossible to get off the ground at 19. or if they did let us up, they swooped in at "plaid" picking guys off that were still well below 200mph climbing out.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 08:06:36 AM »
PS I may be blame for some of this but I been whipping my squadies about the AvA Ethics also dam been pushing them to come here and all I want to see the Ava Survive and become a good arena to play in but in the same Time we do not need another MA arena and lately it seems like that is what it is turning into

You and many others have done a really great job of getting people interested in the AvA.  Consequently we're seeing many new faces (and a few old ones, too).  Most of them probably aren't accustomed to a low-numbers arena with a Cheers bar atmosphere (and after I fly in the MAs for a few minutes I wouldn't expect them to!).  Some will stay, some will leave, but the ones who stay will sooner or later be assimilated.  The customs we're so proud of aren't generally the result of any altruism, but evolved from the nature of the arena.

I flew for over an hour there last night, on both sides.  I saw a fair amount of HOing, a fair amount of ganging and some picking.  From both sides.  I also had some really great fights, many of them against people I'd never met, and observed newcomers asking if they should break squad unity so they could balance the sides.  I hope to meet some of them again.  It works out in the end, dude.  Those who pride themselves on their rank or scores will gravitate back to places where it's easier for them to maximize those numbers and where there are more people who respect that sort of thing.  We'll keep the others.

- oldman

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 08:10:45 AM »
ya'll need to step off your "i have standards" pedestals and think before whining...yes i see  :cry  :cry  :cry ....learn to accept the fact that the diaper gang out numbers the adults in ah...the diaper gang is going to poop somewhere you don't like...you need to figure out how to have your "idea of fun" and enjoy yourself in the midst of the diaper gang and other adults who don't share your ideology...learn how to spoil the idiots fun, and they will leave...letting the actions of others dictate what you do, then complaining about it, is feeding their egos...they know how to get to you and will continue until you leave.

reread my post and you'll realize i have no standards i am just trying to fly to AvA standards to make everyone around me in here happy... <S>

P.S. and dont bring this discussion into the Gen Dis because you want to shoot me down
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:23:49 AM by 321BAR »
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 08:20:52 AM »
You and many others have done a really great job of getting people interested in the AvA.  Consequently we're seeing many new faces (and a few old ones, too).  Most of them probably aren't accustomed to a low-numbers arena with a Cheers bar atmosphere (and after I fly in the MAs for a few minutes I wouldn't expect them to!).  Some will stay, some will leave, but the ones who stay will sooner or later be assimilated.  The customs we're so proud of aren't generally the result of any altruism, but evolved from the nature of the arena.

I flew for over an hour there last night, on both sides.  I saw a fair amount of HOing, a fair amount of ganging and some picking.  From both sides.  I also had some really great fights, many of them against people I'd never met, and observed newcomers asking if they should break squad unity so they could balance the sides.  I hope to meet some of them again.  It works out in the end, dude.  Those who pride themselves on their rank or scores will gravitate back to places where it's easier for them to maximize those numbers and where there are more people who respect that sort of thing.  We'll keep the others.

- oldman

i had a couple of kills......but no really drag out fights, till i gave up, and killed the trackir for the night. i just couldn't keep an eye on 3, 4, and 5 cons with it yet.

i hate to say it, but crazy's right....last night the arena was not the arena we all pro-port it to be. it was simply a miniture lw style arena.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:22:55 AM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 08:23:10 AM »

- oldman

Well put Oldman <S>.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 08:24:13 AM »
and killed the trackir for the night.

Shame, shame on you!  :old:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane