Author Topic: b29 NEEDS NO PERK  (Read 6822 times)

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: b29 NEEDS NO PERK
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2011, 06:31:42 AM »
:huh

i meant to say if its bug fix and keep perk price the same
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2011, 07:17:25 AM »
from the OP post, looks like proper grammar is perked and he's all out of perks.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:28:52 AM by jollyFE »
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2011, 07:26:58 AM »
from the OP post, looks like proper grammer is perked and he's all out of perks.

:rofl   :aok
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2011, 07:35:37 AM »
i meant to say if its bug fix and keep perk price the same

Yeah, I thought you were saying that if it's a bug the bug should remain. I was quite appalled and couldn't come with any words to respond to that.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2011, 08:15:15 AM »
Jeez it's day one.  I'm not a bomber guy, and the odds of me flying a 29 are a zillion to one.

Who cares.  let em fly.  Let em work out the details.  Shut up and play the game :)

Right. It got promptly filed to "ignore immediately" - the B29, that is. If otoh, we had the ME410, HE219, or Do217, I'd've been upping one to finger out how to manipulate it.

I mean, I saw the polling and understand why this was added but sometimes the majority gets it wrong. What we need are more Italian, German, and Japanese aircraft.

One thing I'd like to comment on, though, is the modeling of the overheating issue. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I think it'd be tres cool if statistical variation was part of the game. I thought more on how, conceptually, such a thing could be done. Conceivably, you could model statistical variation into "batches" of a given aircraft. You could select the variables in which to allow random variabilty within a given range  - I don't know, most likely somewhere within +/- 3 sigma of mean, assuming such data might actually be available or reasonably guessed.  The upper would unwittingly randomly select a specific version out of the batch - i.e., the foundation flight model with deltas on key variables figured in (e.g. consider the range of output power for a specific DB605). He'd then be "assigned" that specifc version from within the batch for that aircraft until it gets shot out from under him, then he rolls the dice again next time he ups.

Now, I recognize this would make life tougher for HiTech and crew but I still think it's a cool idea. I also recognize that, with the B-29 overheating issue, they are modeling a design defect as opposed to build variability. However,  I still think its a cool idea. Why? Because nearly every fighter pilot's account I've read has stated that you'd get used to a specific aircraft - its sounds, smells, and handling and engine vagaries. I also think it'd add some cool realism to some of the reenactments - for example, so-and-so's aircraft was having trouble keeping up with the formation.

And what about the reliability of specific engines and weapons? Gun jams would be kewl, as would power failures, if frustrating is kewl. 
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2011, 08:22:16 AM »
I  agree with you, let bomber pilots enjoy it and fighters have fun shooting it down. Last evening i could fly a A234 for 50 perks and B29 was over 100 perks?!!  If the perking set up,represents the usage of the plane in WW2, the B29 was built and was part of action in way more #s than A234s and this ridiculous high perk tag would make the B29 a hangar queen. IF is perked shouldn't be more than 50% of the A234 price, about 20-25 bomber perks in a well balanced arena. Last evening i've seen lots of B29s in MA, but many players have perks saved and never used for A234s, but it's not easy to make 300 bomber perks for a formation of B29s unless you are an IL2 dweeb:).

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2011, 08:51:55 AM »
"the reason why its so easy to kill is becuase HTC dont want ..."

You have no idea at all about why it appears to be easy to kill

"idk though

Exactly. You should make it your sig file

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »
I think the perks should be lowered some.I think there will be a lot more bomber pilots now trying to get enough perks to fly a 29.I think this plane will give the game a newer direction.I agree we need more axis planes.The Japanese Jack was a real B29 tormentor,and it would be nice to have it.I think I made the right decision to stay with the game,as it has became fun for me again.A heartfelt tnxs to the people that helped me see the error in my thinking.The guy that was going to pay my subscription is a real decent sort of chap,but he would  shoot me down in a Pocatello minute if given the chance!
The Dawg

Offline asleep1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2011, 09:00:15 AM »
Thank you HTC. I love the 29 and am planning on using it frequently. It does catch on fire and it is hard to take off when loaded. But so did the real thing. This plane presents challenges to overcome to be successful. Last night I did a strat run at 30k+, lost 2 drones and shot down a 163, sent two more 163's and a 47 home limping. Great gun package. Keep the plane like it is and it will stay out of the hands of the average player looking for easy destruction. I am pleased with it and am now planning frequent runs with it. It has a definite purpose, you just have to know where, when, and how to use it. It is obvious from all the posts that a lot of folks will never figure this out. Strat runs are not wise with this plane, I did that last night to get some action with the 163's and see how it would perform against them.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2011, 09:15:53 AM »
I think the perks should be lowered some.I think there will be a lot more bomber pilots now trying to get enough perks to fly a 29.I think this plane will give the game a newer direction.I agree we need more axis planes.The Japanese Jack was a real B29 tormentor,and it would be nice to have it.I think I made the right decision to stay with the game,as it has became fun for me again.A heartfelt tnxs to the people that helped me see the error in my thinking.The guy that was going to pay my subscription is a real decent sort of chap,but he would  shoot me down in a Pocatello minute if given the chance!
The Dawg

The "Dawg", as he calls himself (don't mean anything by this - I just don't know why you'd choose such a handle, but then, look who's talking), makes a fine point. Incentives always matter and it appears we have a new one. If that means more arscheklownen are upping bombers, so much the better. If it means more strat raids - and I'm not clear it will - better still. 
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2011, 10:14:48 AM »
the reason why its so easy to kill is becuase HTC dont want whines of it being extremly hard to kill and 2 its to make the pilot focus more on High Alt bombing missions.

So you had a conversation with Hitech and/or Pyro and they told you this ? ... I doubt it.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2011, 10:17:01 AM »
Logged in, checked my bomber perks, saw I had 13, had a good laugh then upped the fatty  :D

I guess the 4engine JUG is just out of my league   :rofl :rofl

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2011, 10:23:11 AM »
Logged in, checked my bomber perks, saw I had 13, had a good laugh then upped the fatty  :D

I guess the 4engine JUG is just out of my league   :rofl :rofl

JUGgler

:rofl The fatty... :rofl

You owe me a coffee... :rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »
 :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Bino

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2011, 01:53:58 PM »
the B29 needs no perk. a A6M is thougher lower its perk to like 10 a lanc is a better buff not as much ords but it can take a 30 cal, i think the B29 might be under modeled ever hear about the P61 using all its amo on one and then it still flys ya a, LA 4 shots kill a B29 at D 500

Doctor Memory:  Could you state that as a question please?

;)

"The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data'." - Randy Pausch

PC Specs