Author Topic: B-29 Nose gun  (Read 805 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
B-29 Nose gun
« on: February 23, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »
Firing the nose gun (offline mode).  Would not fire single gun. Fire all guns worked.  Single guns worked in all other positions.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
Re: B-29 Nose gun
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 10:26:49 AM »
works fine here, try rotating  / pitching up make sure turrets not pointing through plane / propeller arcs.

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 12:06:02 PM »
I did. I move through entire range of travel.  Even jumped to other guns and came back to it. Never worked.  Maybe because I was offline or my computer was having a bad day.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:10:51 PM »
just to clarify: so you're saying that when in the nose position - 4 - you're not seeing anything firing from the top front turret?

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »
Just tried it too using fire button on joystick and the 'F' button on the keyboard.  Sometimes they fire, but most of the time, not.  It's like there's a long delay before it shoots.  All gun positions are that way for me.  This is in offline mode, btw.  Don't know about online.
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 12:51:40 PM »
just verified it..thanks - this is a odd one...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 12:55:31 PM by Waffle »

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 01:00:12 PM »
man caught me snoozing....lol!

guns wont fire unless you're off the ground.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 01:02:53 PM »
 :rolleyes:  I've just been going to the TA and spawning in the air, cause I did the same thing.  :bolt:
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline CRYPTIC

• Nickel Member
      • 365th-FBG  HELL HAWKS
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 02:13:30 PM »
 If the gun is not pointing forward it will not fire. Just to clear it up it won't fire when rotated left or right.

Also there is no counter for the 20mm unless I'm missing it.

I also have a anomaly in the nose gun glass top left. This could just be me and a video driver. If more info is needed I can post it. If it's just me I'll try another video drivers to see if this helps. I have the latest ATI driver.

Oh and I think we need longer runways or some trees moved.LOL
365th-FBG Hell Hawks XO
365th-FBG Hell Hawks

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 04:32:49 PM »
just to clarify: so you're saying that when in the nose position - 4 - you're not seeing anything firing from the top front turret?
When I am in the nose gun position, I press the button to fire only the gun from the lead airplane. Nothing happens regardless of where the sight is aimmed.  When I press the all fire button, then all the guns that can fire forward do so. At least it appears that they do.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 04:44:30 PM »
It's working as it should. What might be confusing you is that if the sight is aimed where the turret can't fire - that lone turret wont fire.

So say you're aiming down in the front sighting station and you press the single fire - the top front turret won't fire. But if you press 'fire all" - the bottom turrets will fire where your sight is pointing which is lower than the firing range of the top front turret.

Basically there are situations in all of the sighting stations where if you press single fire, the turret you are controlling wont fire due to it's firing range / collision with the airplane.

So if sight your target, press all fire, those turrets that have line of sight with your target will fire.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 04:47:34 PM by Waffle »

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 05:23:52 PM »
bahorse is correct on this.  The guns do not fire as they should.  IE:  Pressing [F] does nothing, but pressing [N] will fire all.
Game Id's:

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 05:40:37 PM »
It's working as it should. What might be confusing you is that if the sight is aimed where the turret can't fire - that lone turret wont fire.

So say you're aiming down in the front sighting station and you press the single fire - the top front turret won't fire. But if you press 'fire all" - the bottom turrets will fire where your sight is pointing which is lower than the firing range of the top front turret.

Basically there are situations in all of the sighting stations where if you press single fire, the turret you are controlling wont fire due to it's firing range / collision with the airplane.

So if sight your target, press all fire, those turrets that have line of sight with your target will fire.

The problem with this is that nothing happens regardless of where I am aimming.  I understand the gun won't fire if my sight would have the gun shoot my own airplane. But nothing happens when I am aimming straight ahead or aimming up, left or right. Nothing.
I realize this isn't a huge problem. I seldom fire only one gun. But it worked correctly on all other gun positions.

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 05:42:32 PM »
i'll take another look at it again in the morning, but to help me duplicate it - tell me the steps that you take to get your result.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 05:44:24 PM »
Perhaps if you record it it would be easier to explain
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s