Author Topic: paracords connecting bailed pilot to chute  (Read 438 times)

Offline tf15pin

• Copper Member
paracords connecting bailed pilot to chute
« on: February 23, 2011, 01:35:35 PM »
When you bail out and look at the pilot under silk in F3 mode the cords connecting the pilot to the chute are visible when you are zoomed in but as you zoom out they disappear.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Re: paracords connecting bailed pilot to chute
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:59:39 AM »
Small addition to trooper-based bugs; the model waiting to jump from the C-47 is the pilot one. May be intentional, but the oxygen mask looks odd. Also, the bailed pilot's fancy handgun animation stops working after he hits the ground. And the running troops have a really special way of holding their Thompsons.

OCD? Perfectionist? ...kinda.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 07:21:04 AM »
When you bail out and look at the pilot under silk in F3 mode the cords connecting the pilot to the chute are visible when you are zoomed in but as you zoom out they disappear.

Shhhh.....     :noid

I needed to make a few things.   Keychains, and some OH S%&T! handles for the Wrangler...

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 10:36:55 AM »

just like in real life :aok

not a bug.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline tf15pin

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:45:21 AM »
cant see most of em. if I moved closer I would see more of em, a coupla hundred yards further back and they would all disappear.

edit: also bear in mind that AH in HD gives a resolution of about 2MP, the pic you posted was most likely taken on a DSLR so figure 6-12MP, and human eyesight has an effective resolution of about 500MP.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:01:02 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline tf15pin

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 09:11:33 PM »
It turns out my detail settings were out of wack and that is why the cords disappeared so early when zooming out.