Author Topic: So. who is really to blame?  (Read 1784 times)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
So. who is really to blame?
« on: February 24, 2011, 09:40:26 AM »
The following is a facebook post from the mother of one of my son's friends.

<QUOTE>     debating on whether to call n complain or not~ <name> often rushes in the morning, and just makes the bus.... but he says that he was along side the bus this morning approaching the door, and the bus drove away :( i am really ticked, he could have been hurt. isn't the driver supposed to be aware of all sides of his bus? and <name> carries a flashlight!  <QUOTE>

Understand that after speaking to the mother, I found out that the child was in no immediate danger.

Is this indicative of a sadly growing trend in our society where we blame everyone we possibly can for our own failures?  Kind of like not paying the gas bill and getting pissed when the supplier shuts off the service in the middle of a hot shower? or... not paying the ISP bill and getting pissed at THEM when they pull your plug in the middle of a sortie?

Whose fault is this?

Is there any right to be pissed?

Would this incident have even occurred if the kid was at the bus stop on time everyday?

Please discuss...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: So. who is really to blame?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
mom needs to just shut up and get her kid some discipline...her kids actions are a result of her actions or lack thereof

but that's just me...i'm a (lmao...prettythang???) mean jackwagon
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:53:16 AM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
It's AH's fault I'm single...clearly
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 09:51:32 AM »
mom needs to just shut up and get her kid some discipline...her kids actions are a result of her actions or lack thereof

but that's just me...i'm a hard prettythang

Or a military thing...

I would rather be 15-20 minutes early and wait, rather than be even 30 seconds tardy.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:52:47 AM »

*snickers* Gyrene the prettythang  :lol

On subject parent and kid are at fault.  Arrive at your destination 10 minutes early and you'll never be late.  Make the kid go to bed on time and get up in time to get where he's going.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 09:52:51 AM »

Or a military thing...

I would rather be 15-20 minutes early and wait, rather than be even 30 seconds tardy.

Offline kamori

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 10:00:24 AM »
We had an incident up here where a kid was alongside a school bus and as it pulled away the kid slipped off the small snow birm next to the front tire and got his leg ran over. It was broke in 2 places.

It happens

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 10:01:40 AM »

Or a military thing...

you feel strongly about this dontcha? :D  :bolt:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 10:03:58 AM »
*snickers* Gyrene the prettythang  :lol

On subject parent and kid are at fault.  Arrive at your destination 10 minutes early and you'll never be late.  Make the kid go to bed on time and get up in time to get where he's going.

That's what I've been thinking.  I know that my moral compass does not always point North, but I needed confirmation that I'm not thinking incorrectly about punctuality preventing this whole situation from happening.  I just couldn't believe that someone felt justified at being pissed at the bus driver.

The whole conversation is actually very sad/funny and I will post it in it's entirety.  What is scary is that most folks are agreeing with her.  :noid

If I would have missed the bus in my day, I would have:

A) had my bellybutton beat

B) been forced to walk to school

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 10:07:16 AM »
I'm totally with you on the punctuality thing.  I don't feel right if I get to work a minute later than I planned to.  I used to get EXTREMELY irritated at my ex when we had planned to go somewhere at a certain time and she'd screw around till and past the last minute. 

Offline kotrenin

• Nickel Member
      • http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaTekm9Ak8
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 10:09:29 AM »
How old is the kid?
He's a lover, not a fighter... but he's also a fighter, so don't get any ideas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRaTekm9Ak8  http://one_foggy.tripod.com/sounds/afu_jokeson.wav

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 10:12:01 AM »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 10:15:09 AM »
Just plain laziness on the parent, it's up to the parent to teach the kids responsibilities which includes being on time, if he would of been there on time with the rest of the kids he wouldn't of been left behind, kind of a funny topic for me last month my son dragged his feet to the bus and missed it, he comes walking back into the house all pissed off saying how it just left him, i looked at him and said BS i watched out the window and you just drug your feet, he looks at me and goes can i have a ride to school, the look in my eyes told him he better just walk, and he did almost a mile to school, he hasn't missed the bus again
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »
Just plain laziness on the parent, it's up to the parent to teach the kids responsibilities which includes being on time, if he would of been there on time with the rest of the kids he wouldn't of been left behind, kind of a funny topic for me last month my son dragged his feet to the bus and missed it, he comes walking back into the house all pissed off saying how it just left him, i looked at him and said BS i watched out the window and you just drug your feet, he looks at me and goes can i have a ride to school, the look in my eyes told him he better just walk, and he did almost a mile to school, he hasn't missed the bus again

WHAT?    :O

You made him WALK?   :O

He didn't DIE?   :O

It even taught him a lesson?   

:noid

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2011, 10:17:42 AM »
If I would have missed the bus in my day, I would have:

A) had my bellybutton beat

B) been forced to walk to school
same here...but, we're talking about having parents that took responsibility for their children's behavior...doesn't happen today
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett