Author Topic: Kids these days  (Read 3943 times)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Re: Kids these days
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2011, 06:26:52 AM »

It's decent discussion by O'Club standards...

That's almost always a natural consequence of my input.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2011, 07:41:07 AM »

Isn't life beautiful? So many surprises everywhere? Would you be any less surprised if thread is locked after you spammed it with your AvA adds?  :devil

It's decent discussion by O'Club standards...

I don't think i've quite reached the point of spamming........yet.

BTW.....    FLY AvA!!   :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2011, 09:30:17 AM »
i'm not backpedaling anything...you sir are out of touch with reality...traffic violations, regardless of your point of view are violations of written law and though most are not subject to criminal prosecution they are subject to penalties the same as any laws...speeding and, blowing through traffic risk the health and safety of other people on the road...doing something in violation of traffic laws and cause injury or loss of life due to your actions and you can be prosecuted under criminal law...but then you wouldn't think about stuff like that as you speed around on the road you own in your utopian world, because you're by george better than the neanderthals that spank their kids...  :aok

i don't suppose you ever asked yourself why a child will attempt to touch the top of the stove even after being told "no no" numerous times...and why it only takes one instance of touching a hot pot or burner for that child to not want to touch it again...it's fear of experiencing the pain again...it's the same for every other "no no" a child is taught growing up...either fear from the experience or fear of the punishment...now read this carefully, i am not saying parents should use fear of physical harm to raise their children but they should fear the punishment for disobedience regardless of how it is administered...and please don't tell me you don't use fear to discipline your children...it may not be physical but your psychological punishments induce fear just as much as a spanking, be grateful your kids are such that they don't require more firm disciplinary actions.

I apologize.  I am a criminal, you are right.  You asked if I had ever done any of those things.  I said yes and you immediately assumed that it is all I do.  By your reasoning, I should assume that you are beating your kids up every day while you are on drugs right after they returned home from a gun fight at the park.

If you want to have a discussion give it a try.  Otherwise, I ll start quoting Jeff Foxworthy.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2011, 10:00:45 AM »
I apologize.  I am a criminal, you are right.  You asked if I had ever done any of those things.  I said yes and you immediately assumed that it is all I do.  By your reasoning, I should assume that you are beating your kids up every day while you are on drugs right after they returned home from a gun fight at the park.

If you want to have a discussion give it a try.  Otherwise, I ll start quoting Jeff Foxworthy.
i'm sorry, by all appearances you do seem to have a selective reading comprehension issue...if that's what you need to feel validated, i'm not going to attempt any further discussion with you since it's very obvious i could say blah blah and you would read it as yipee...typical of certain types of self righteous individuals.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »
i'm sorry, by all appearances you do seem to have a selective reading comprehension issue...if that's what you need to feel validated, i'm not going to attempt any further discussion with you since it's very obvious i could say blah blah and you would read it as yipee...typical of certain types of self righteous individuals.

:aok
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2011, 06:50:10 PM »
you are once again, quite wrong...you're one of those 60minutes/48hours is 100% true people aren't you? that's where all this "alternative" parenting started going into full swing out of the hippie communities...because of those 2 shows and the way they stretched the truth about children being physically abused.

i've always been amazed at how people without children managed to convince a large part of the parental population that alternative parenting was the only way to raise children...yet the statistics show that the first generation of those raised under those concepts have more social problems than their parents who were raised with corporal punishment did at the same age...higher crime, higher suicide, higher drug use...look it up, if the studies weren't buried.

when i was a kid...the most dangerous thing on the playground was a pocket knife, and no one pulled one on you for fear of corporal punishment at school and at home...now 12 year olds raised by the "time out" generations are carrying guns and shooting adults...dealing drugs...bullying people live and in person as well as on the web...

now, there is a limit to how corporal punishment should be administered...one rule that few adults know or even understand is "never hit a child when you're angry"...my generation failed to comprehend that rule and now the "here's a cookie 2 minute time out stupid nanny" generation is making it difficult for reasonably sane parents to actually raise their children to be responsible adults.

Balderdash.

My father grew up during "the good old days", and corporal punishment didn't stop the kids in his school from becoming vegetables from fighting with baseball bats, shooting each other's heads off with shotguns, or doing a myriad of hard drugs.  It's the environment, not punishment which creates 'bad company'.

However, punishment can influence it heavily.  If you beat your kids, they will learn that it is alright to beat those weaker than they are.  You don't know who that is going to be- the old lady who gets in his/her way, the annoying brat down the street, etc.  The problem is that the teenage brain recognizes bad choices, but only recognizes the good consequences (hint: it's why 18-19 year old boys love to drive fast and hump anything that moves).  You are essentially creating a Terminator, and unleashing it on the world at large.

-Penguin

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2011, 06:54:43 PM »
you're trying too hard....you had better bait earlier in the thread........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2011, 07:06:42 PM »
I'm not trying to bait, this is my honest opinion!  Dang, I guess I'm just abrasive,  :headscratch:

-Penguin

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2011, 08:36:34 PM »
I'm not trying to bait, this is my honest opinion!  Dang, I guess I'm just abrasive,  :headscratch:

-Penguin
No but your naivity shows
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2011, 09:40:53 PM »
A large population of people just say what they want to on console games and what not. It's not just kids.

Sorry if I'm copying someone with the same comment, I only read page 1,6-12.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2011, 09:44:11 PM »
A large population of people just say what they want to on console games and what not. It's not just kids.

Sorry if I'm copying someone with the same comment, I only read page 1,6-12.

you're right.

people think that because you're on another computer, that they are safe to say things they'd not say to your face.

they should use caution with this though, as some are very close. me....i happen to work not 6 minutes from at least 2 members of our community. and within an hour or so of half a dozen others,.,,,,,,,,
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2011, 10:10:42 PM »
and ones on his way around to stuff you in your own letterbox.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2011, 10:25:13 PM »
and ones on his way around to stuff you in your own letterbox.

:rofl :rofl

i've never said anything to get that done.........i have met one player. just had lunch at my shop with him the other day. it was great, as it made the second half of the day go by quick.

he could confirm....pretty much anything/everything i say on these boards, i can/do say in rl. i don't put up a facade.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2011, 10:52:25 PM »
I however CAP do put on a Facade. Several ones in fact, the funny thing is the real me is on Aces High 2 and at JROTC, and the false or second me is at School and Every Day life.

Its odd isnt it.
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2011, 10:55:07 PM »
I however CAP do put on a Facade. Several ones in fact, the funny thing is the real me is on Aces High 2 and at JROTC, and the false or second me is at School and Every Day life.

Its odd isnt it.

i used to try to put out a "fake" me when i was in school. it was more of a pain in the bellybutton than it was worth......so i just started being me, regardless of what people thought.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"