Author Topic: Kids these days  (Read 3902 times)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
Re: Kids these days
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2011, 04:21:14 PM »
Heh, if it gets to that point its too late.  Think about it, the kid knew what was coming and still did it.  Other than revenge it wont do much.  The problem with it being legal is, where do you draw the line.  As you can see by reading what has become the "I hate kids club" BBS, most consider kids their property so making it elegal is actually safer  :lol.  

yet again, your right.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Yossarian

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
Bloody hell, this thread is just proof that society hasn't fundamentally changed in the past 2,000 years...
Afk for a year or so.  The name of a gun turret in game.  Falanx, huh? :banana:
Apparently I'm in the 20th FG 'Loco Busters', or so the legend goes.
O o
/Ż________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH 75MM!!!
\_ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2011, 05:05:22 PM »
my opinion is supported by what i see every day.

view it how ya want.

So is his, Cap.  Refusing to believe that because you know better doesn't change anything. 

Westy, dedalos, and Yossarian are worth re-reading in this thread. 

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2011, 07:10:35 PM »
my opinion is supported by what i see every day.

view it how ya want.

And I'm a Nigerian prince... let's see you refute my point about sampling bias.

-Penguin

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2011, 07:38:32 PM »
And I'm a Nigerian prince... let's see you refute my point about sampling bias.

-Penguin

your english is too good. therefore you cannot be a nigerian prince.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2011, 07:41:05 PM »
     I feel it's none of my business if you are gay, or have abusive parents or anything else that is best shared
with friends and family, not strangers on a BBS. 
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2011, 07:42:54 PM »
wow...im almost 15 and i never act like that. if i did my mom would beat the indian out of me...

your english is too good. therefore you cannot be a nigerian prince.  :devil
and i think that rude comment right there is just a little racist. are you saying people that are african cant spell/speak right? hmm....i dont know if its just that i took it wrong or your not being serious

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2011, 07:46:14 PM »
I was recently playing Combat Arms and i was very rudely informed by a (14) fourteen year old that i was a noob and i should go kill myself due to being to noobish. I replied telling him that he should learn some manners and try getting a job instead of sitting around all day. He informed me that i should be the one getting a job. I replied stating i have a job with the Georgia, Department of Public Safety, State Patrol Division. He informed me that he hopes that i get shot in the line of duty. Whats wrong with kids these days? Im not that old. Im still very young, but old enough to carry a badge and a gun.

What are your thought on todays kids and the upcoming generation?
You got insulted because a 14 year old kid told you to kill yourself and get a job over the internet?

and i think that rude comment right there is just a little racist. are you saying people that are african cant spell/speak right? hmm....i dont know if its just that i took it wrong or your not being serious
Never thought that Nigerian Prince scams would become a 'you're too young' thing...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2011, 08:05:21 PM »
wow...im almost 15 and i never act like that. if i did my mom would beat the indian out of me...

the smiling devil should be the clue......

but your reaction is another problem with a lot of people today. they seem to want to find something to be offended about.

hell....i'm surprised someone hasn't gone off the deep end trying to stop people from calling the bathroom the "john".

i should also add........if i acted the way i see a lot of teens today act.......i'd have all false teeth right about now.

in fact....i raised my hand to my mother once. just once. i woke up on the kitchen floor. thanks to my grand pop. till that day, i never knew an old man(i loved him like a father, but he was still old) could move that fast. i was 13. i was much more respectful of mom after that day. and of how fast an old man could move.

i should also clarify.....if you've never seen one of those nigerian scam emails, then you wouldn't understand.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 08:59:37 PM by CAP1 »
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2011, 09:00:20 PM »
When I was a kid, if I talked like that I got the belt....now a days kids get smacked on the palm.

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »
When I was a kid, if I talked like that I got the belt....now a days kids get smacked on the palm.

-BigBOBCH

Hardly.. Barely a 'stern talking to' it would seem.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2011, 09:42:26 PM »

-BigBOBCH

smack your kid, and let some nosy person see ya. you'll land yerself in jail.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2011, 09:46:09 PM »
smack your kid, and let some nosy person see ya. you'll land yerself in jail.
when i was 14 my mother struck me across the face with a tire iron. i still have a small scar on my face from it.

but i guess all the people that are preaching to smack your kid back in line would applaud her doing that huh?

smacking your child is the worst way to try to teach them a lesson. they'll just change from doing w.e they were doing infront of you to doing it behind your back where you wont find out.

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2011, 09:59:32 PM »
some of us kids can be nice, others not so much
Kommando Nowotny "Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2011, 10:00:40 PM »
when i was 14 my mother struck me across the face with a tire iron. i still have a small scar on my face from it.

but i guess all the people that are preaching to smack your kid back in line would applaud her doing that huh?

smacking your child is the worst way to try to teach them a lesson. they'll just change from doing w.e they were doing infront of you to doing it behind your back where you wont find out.

No..that is abuse..there is nothing wrong with discipline (smacking)... There has to be a line... it is those...like your mother who have caused this 'smacking' is wrong issue...The people that this has been bought in because of don't give two hoots and carry on abusing anyway......

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:02:14 PM by SPKmes »