Author Topic: Kids these days  (Read 3914 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Kids these days
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »
I was recently playing Combat Arms and i was very rudely informed by a (14) fourteen year old that i was a noob and i should go kill myself due to being to noobish. I replied telling him that he should learn some manners and try getting a job instead of sitting around all day. He informed me that i should be the one getting a job. I replied stating i have a job with the Georgia, Department of Public Safety, State Patrol Division. He informed me that he hopes that i get shot in the line of duty. Whats wrong with kids these days? Im not that old. Im still very young, but old enough to carry a badge and a gun.

What are your thought on todays kids and the upcoming generation?

My thoughts about kids these days?  Nothing wrong or different with them compared to the time I was growing up.  You allegedly met ONE kid on the internet.  You tried to pull rank on him.  It did not work and you came here crying implying that the alleged incident applies to all kids today and that there is something wrong with all kids.  My guess, you probably instigated the whole thing lol

I hope you do not apply the same rules when you are on duty collecting money for the state. 

So, what are your thoughts about state cops picking up fights with 14 year olds on the net?

This is becoming the "I hate kids club" lately  :lol
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2011, 01:18:45 PM »
as the 18 yr old son of an abusing mother and deceased drunk father. i cant tell you i rebeled alot.

i find most parents now adays are hypocrites.

they'll tell there kids not to do drugs. and then light up a joint right infront of them.

my mother told me to never get into smoking. then right after she'd say that. she would smokw half a pack and blow the smoke in my face.

my friends dad told him to never sell drugs. and then what does the dad do? sells pot to all the kids parents.

parents tell there kids to never talk back to them. but then what do the parents do? start talking back to THEIR parents right infront of the kids.

pretty much, you cant tell your kids to not do all this, then go out and do it yourself without the kids thinking "well why cant i do this too?"

ive been to juvenile 19 times. when my father was alive. he'd wake up at 9. have a pepsi max to wake up. then have a whole 12 pack drunk by noon. when he drunk he got mad. and would try to boss me around.

my father was only in my life 3 months out of the 18 yrs ive been alive. so naturally when he just showed up and started bossing me around, i thought " well who the hell are you to tell me what to do?"
i even told this too him. but he barked at me that it didnt matter how long he was in my life. he was my father and i was to bow to him whenever he said so.

we got into alot of fights. i broke his nose twice.

basically. parents today tell there kids to not do something, then go out and do that exact thing they told the kids not to do, right infront of the kids.

i think parents today need to learn what "lead by example" means.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2011, 01:33:18 PM »
So I should ignore every step of logic I put into that and go with an unsupported opinion?

-Penguin

my opinion is supported by what i see every day.

view it how ya want.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2011, 01:34:22 PM »
i find most parents now adays are hypocrites.
they'll tell there kids not to do drugs. and then light up a joint right infront of them.

I am willing to bet that "most" parents are nothing like that.

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2011, 01:37:12 PM »
society is screwed with the kids these days. I'm only 17, i dont have much room to talk....but I know when my generation and the ones younger then me grow up were in deep toejam.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2011, 01:40:38 PM »
hope you dont bet anything valuable then.

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2011, 01:47:06 PM »
hope you dont bet anything valuable then.
did you say you were 16?
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »
society is screwed with the kids these days. I'm only 17, i dont have much room to talk....but I know when my generation and the ones younger then me grow up were in deep toejam.

lol, you guys are the same way I remember myself and the other kids in my school.  The adults are also the same way.  They were complaining about the kids those days vs when they grew up.  I am pretty sure 2000 years ago we had the same complains.  Not let the old and bitter people get to you.  They have forgotten what it means to be a kid or are jealous those days are over for them.

You guys are the future, weather some people like it or not.  Not only that, but you have to deal and fix the mess all the whiners generation is leaving for you.  Support and advice is what you need. Not whining about how better it used to be when they got the crap beat out of them.

Look around you.  See anything wrong with the world?  Guess who created it.  I guess those beatings did not work after all  :rofl

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »
lol, you guys are the same way I remember myself and the other kids in my school.  The adults are also the same way.  They were complaining about the kids those days vs when they grew up.  I am pretty sure 2000 years ago we had the same complains.  Not let the old and bitter people get to you.  They have forgotten what it means to be a kid or are jealous those days are over for them.

You guys are the future, weather some people like it or not.  Not only that, but you have to deal and fix the mess all the whiners generation is leaving for you.  Support and advice is what you need. Not whining about how better it used to be when they got the crap beat out of them.

Look around you.  See anything wrong with the world?  Guess who created it.  I guess those beatings did not work after all  :rofl
your very right now that i think about it. the leather belt should be legal though if you screw up that much lol.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2011, 03:08:40 PM »
"I am willing to bet that "most" parents are nothing like that."

Course they're not but the contents of several postings show there are
some who perspective because their world is small. IMO you're posts are
pretty much dead on dedolas. You're debating with a few who have no
idea things can be different elsewhere and it's a no-win situation.

As for the original post i think it's truly pathetic that a grown man would
get himself into any type of situation where he's arguing with a jeuvile.
Especially in some online game. Something is wrong with that so-called
'adult' imo.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:14:18 PM by Westy »

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2011, 03:17:46 PM »
your very right now that i think about it. the leather belt should be legal though if you screw up that much lol.

Heh, if it gets to that point its too late.  Think about it, the kid knew what was coming and still did it.  Other than revenge it wont do much.  The problem with it being legal is, where do you draw the line.  As you can see by reading what has become the "I hate kids club" BBS, most consider kids their property so making it elegal is actually safer  :lol.  

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2011, 03:22:05 PM »
"I am willing to bet that "most" parents are nothing like that."

Course they're not but the contents of several postings show there are
some who perspective because their world is small. IMO you're posts are
pretty much dead on dedolas. You're debating with a few who have no
idea things can be different elsewhere and it's a no-win situation.

I agree.  Even worse, to them different is also wrong.

As for the original post i think it's truly pathetic that a grown man would
get himself into any type of situation where he's arguing with a jeuvile.
Especially in some online game. Something is wrong with that so-called
'adult' imo.

Heh, you can tell by him posting his two line long title that he tried to pull rank on the kid.  That guy will pull you over one night in a dark place.  If you are a teenager, watch out, he has a score to even with all of you. 

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2011, 03:23:34 PM »
In school, I'm no bad kid, I'm not a good kid either, I for surely no slack off scrub, fairly high in my "click" and more then half of my friends parents don't care or will do it with me or my friends....
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2011, 03:30:19 PM »
In school, I'm no bad kid, I'm not a good kid either, I for surely no slack off scrub, fairly high in my "click" and more then half of my friends parents don't care or will do it with me or my friends....

Look at westy's post

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2011, 03:36:33 PM »
Look at westy's post
Just saw that...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ