Author Topic: Kids these days  (Read 3866 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Kids these days
« on: February 26, 2011, 10:16:48 AM »
I was recently playing Combat Arms and i was very rudely informed by a (14) fourteen year old that i was a noob and i should go kill myself due to being to noobish. I replied telling him that he should learn some manners and try getting a job instead of sitting around all day. He informed me that i should be the one getting a job. I replied stating i have a job with the Georgia, Department of Public Safety, State Patrol Division. He informed me that he hopes that i get shot in the line of duty. Whats wrong with kids these days? Im not that old. Im still very young, but old enough to carry a badge and a gun.

What are your thought on todays kids and the upcoming generation?
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Kids these days
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:18:45 AM »
blame the parents...
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 10:19:53 AM »
I've been saving this arguement for a while-

Kids are always the same way, the only reason they seem different is that now you have to deal with the toejam they spray out to adults.  Relax, civilization will continue.

-Penguin

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 10:20:07 AM »
Kid needs a spanking. Zero respect to authority / grown ups and you see the results.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 10:21:22 AM »
blame the parents...

+1, I believe it is a parenting issue also.  Neither of my children would even think of acting like that.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 11:13:04 AM »
I am definitely blaming the parents on this on. I know that i was never raised that way. i learned you always treat everyone with respect no matter who they are. Whether you like them or not.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 11:21:16 AM »
I was recently playing Combat Arms and i was very rudely informed by a (14) fourteen year old that i was a noob and i should go kill myself due to being to noobish. I replied telling him that he should learn some manners and try getting a job instead of sitting around all day. He informed me that i should be the one getting a job. I replied stating i have a job with the Georgia, Department of Public Safety, State Patrol Division. He informed me that he hopes that i get shot in the line of duty. Whats wrong with kids these days? Im not that old. Im still very young, but old enough to carry a badge and a gun.

What are your thought on todays kids and the upcoming generation?

Stupid kids are the spawn of stupid parents.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 11:28:33 AM »
It was online.he knew you couldn't do anything about it so he was being a "tough guy" happens in AH happens every where online.bet you all the money i have that he wouldn't have said that to your face...
SAPP

Offline canacka

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 11:38:45 AM »
I've been saving this arguement for a while-

Kids are always the same way, the only reason they seem different is that now you have to deal with the toejam they spray out to adults.  Relax, civilization will continue.

-Penguin

What IS different is that they have an internet to hide behind.  Times are not the the same at all when it comes to that.  Being behind a computer makes those that wouldn't otherwise be disrespectful be completely ignorant due to the fact that no one can put them in their place face to face.  When it comes to school pressure, yes things are the same, but in this day and age of interaction with adults in the internet environment, kids today do not have any respect or care to.
71 Squadron RAF

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 11:47:43 AM »
blame the parents...

Amen!

I see kids in the store all the time I KNOW were raised by wolves in a cave somewhere.

If I had done .00001% of what I see them do in front of their parents by butt would have been beat fire engine red with a switch.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
It was online.he knew you couldn't do anything about it so he was being a "tough guy" happens in AH happens every where online.bet you all the money i have that he wouldn't have said that to your face...
jay and silent bob...  :lol

i won't elaborate...just say, surprise!!!
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 11:50:04 AM »
A few spankings and a daily dose of chores might have taught him some respect and responsibility.   With the belief that the internet makes you anonymous, they act in ways they certainly wouldn't act to your face.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2011, 11:53:02 AM »
I am a 14 year old, and just to clarify, the majority of kids arent like that/dont pull off those stunts. sure, theres the occasional idiot who would say stuff like that, but mostly if you give us a legitimate answer, we would back down

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 11:59:26 AM »
I'm a kid, and a lot of kids wont do that to an adult, and a lot will. It goes both ways.

It is probably do to the fact that you are not talking to him in person.

People talk crap on XBox all the time, kids and adults. He probably is just mad at his parents for grounding him when they saw his report card.
Strokes

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2011, 12:28:59 PM »
What kids say online in games most of the time pales in comparison to what the adults say.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song