Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 24192 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #360 on: March 03, 2011, 10:02:25 AM »
Porking ords and fuel is denying someone use of a game item. - thought the game was about combat. You want to bomb a town, you can have all the bombs you want, but you"ll have to get past the fight I'm going to give you getting there.

I'm here to fight, not take away other peoples toys, you?

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #361 on: March 03, 2011, 10:13:48 AM »
denying others the ability to fight is indeed part of the fight.

This thread really is nothing more than a rant depository.

Game has changed, times have changed, the clientele has changed.  Some for the better obviously, some not.

Enjoy what one is doing, care not about anyone else.  If one is NOT enjoying the game then really, that persons' mindset is the problem, not the game.

Really, what more can be said.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #362 on: March 03, 2011, 10:14:49 AM »
I'm here to fight taking away other people's toys. In my experience nothing started a brawl in the sandbox faster than breaking the wheels off the Tonka Truck.  :devil

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #363 on: March 03, 2011, 10:26:40 AM »
I really enjoy playing Aces High.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #364 on: March 03, 2011, 10:31:10 AM »
Mission were planned out for tactical reasons, not for base counts.

What were these 'tactical reasons'?  I'm genuinely curious.

Air to air was much more than being a good picker, or the better shot during the HO.

So the complaints from 2000 and 2001 on the forum boards about the same things you're on about were... what?  Or does one need to go back even further to find these halcyon days of good, honorable nothing but 1v1 white knuckle combat?

Bombers flew at alt and in groups with cover, now they are easy kill counts for most people.... Well 999000 doesn't count, he's abnormal :) but then again he proves another point. How many kills from a bomber are fighters, how many are GV's?

Er...  What is the purpose of a 'bomber' but to drop you know... 'bombs'?  Killing stuff on the ground is kind of what they're built for.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #365 on: March 03, 2011, 10:58:53 AM »
Porking ords and fuel is denying someone use of a game item. - thought the game was about combat. You want to bomb a town, you can have all the bombs you want, but you"ll have to get past the fight I'm going to give you getting there.

You can keep all the ords you want if you are willing to put up a fight to protect them and keep them from being bombed.

HiTech coded the ords to be destructable for a reason.  It wasn't by accident.  It's not a bug.

He intended for people to destroy them.  He intended people to take away other people's toys if they are too weak to keep them from being taken. 

He intended for people to try and stop them from getting destroyed too.  However, his intent was probably for that to be done with an airplane in the arena, not with a whine on a bbs.

:aok,
Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #366 on: March 03, 2011, 11:07:48 AM »

However, his intent was probably for that to be done with an airplane in the arena, not with a whine on a bbs.

:aok,
Wab

:aok

+1  :cheers: mate

The Zonester

Wag more, bark less.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #367 on: March 03, 2011, 11:19:34 AM »
You can keep all the ords you want if you are willing to put up a fight to protect them and keep them from being bombed.

HiTech coded the ords to be destructable for a reason.  It wasn't by accident.  It's not a bug.

Our Father who art in a virtual construct
HTC be thy name
arenas of fun and the Hispano gun
can cause rook dearth
if you kill seven
give us this day our dear 410
and bleed us not our E-state
as we bleed the E of those 1v1 against us
turn us not into a tip stall
but deliver us from WarBeast's Kill Klub
for thine is the moderator, the source code, and the release date forever.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
« Reply #368 on: March 03, 2011, 11:49:51 AM »
Our Father who art in a virtual construct
HTC be thy name
arenas of fun and the Hispano gun
can cause rook dearth
if you kill seven
give us this day our dear 410
and bleed us not our E-state
as we bleed the E of those 1v1 against us
turn us not into a tip stall
but deliver us from WarBeast's Kill Klub
for thine is the moderator, the source code, and the release date forever.
:pray

hahahaha i think i finally have a prayer i can say that i believe in.   
all hail Htc..hail!!!!....Hail!...Hail!... even though he pulled my topic last week from the board  lol

O great creator of virtual earth and sky please create me a PBY to fly  :pray

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #369 on: March 03, 2011, 12:03:53 PM »

Yes, I most certainly am there to "take other people's toys away".  Every day. 

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #370 on: March 03, 2011, 12:11:07 PM »
You can protect ords? Today it's like trying to stop a V1. One suicide dweeb after another, hordes have plenty of them and can throw them away with easen because that's how the game is played today. Pork everything so no one can fight back, bring 50 guys to one base and totally flatten everything so no one can fight back. Like - said, nobody is interested in fighting any more. It's all about the base count, and we get them the quickest and easiest way we can.

Again, thru my rose colored glasses, you use to take a base because it was at a higher alt and you didn't want the defenders to "drop" in on you when you took the next base, or you took a base because of the GV spawn points, either to help you, or to slow the defenders. Today you take a base because it's the least defended or most out of the way, oh and the new one, because it need a shore line because it's easier to NOE over water than land.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #371 on: March 03, 2011, 12:18:07 PM »
Oh, Fugi, you're getting ridiculous now (more-so than before). Bases DO get taken because of their strategic value (ie alt and v-spawn locations). Bases ALSO get taken because they're ripe for the picking because "WHY NOT?" If it's sitting there waiting to be atta-

Nevermind. It doesn't need explaining.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #372 on: March 03, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »
Oh, Fugi, you're getting ridiculous now (more-so than before). Bases DO get taken because of their strategic value (ie alt and v-spawn locations). Bases ALSO get taken because they're ripe for the picking because "WHY NOT?" If it's sitting there waiting to be atta-

Nevermind. It doesn't need explaining.

Or simply to unbalance the enemy.  If your side is getting hard pressed, nothing can reset the focus like sending a deep penetration NOE raid to capture a based near the enemy HQ or strat.  They go ape.  Its like kicking over an ant nest.  That is useful for breaking an enemies forward momentum and giving your guys the initiative.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #373 on: March 03, 2011, 12:40:27 PM »
The OP is provocative and so the whine is subjegated by its delivery.

In truth this community might want to fight hordes but certainly does not want to pay the price. I have said it many times and will say again
the only way to stop excessive horde activity is via "zone or filed limits" set to control the # of players spawned from and airfield at any point in time.

But he price is tooooo high, it limits choice to do when and where you spawn.............. when the community (and not the just the avid participators of this forum) is ready to accept this choice limiting anti horde measure then maybe HTC would consider it applied in some measure that does not hamstring gameplay.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #374 on: March 03, 2011, 01:14:10 PM »
I'm here to fight taking away other people's toys. In my experience nothing started a brawl in the sandbox faster than breaking the wheels off the Tonka Truck.  :devil

Nucks that is sig material to me LOL

So Fugi? what do you do? must be closest to one of the most unproductive (insert country here) members for that team.
you don't hit ords so i guess that means dar and hangers, hell you don't even shoot at towns anymore do you. tell you what there is a game out there called Ace combat, you might look at it.
you could troll in there for hours and do nothing seems to be what you do anyway.

P.S. Rip y'all say I m a kid and you continue with silly stuff like that sir YOU need to grow up. but you wont quite evedent with your ever changing plot to stump my planing process.

Fugi would you please join us in the game that is aces high or will you doom your self to some sort of vendetta to stop "the hordes" and do nothing but spend your life in these BBs with the same BS

and being a complete write off for your own country "if" you even call one home?
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE