Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 24222 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2011, 11:43:16 AM »
It's the same damn thread over and over again, year after year. :rolleyes:
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #406 on: March 04, 2011, 11:50:48 AM »
Wow this thread has really drug itself out this far. Let's get to the bottom of this, shall we?

This game is very much like a sandbox. People in game have the freedom to do whatever it is they like: whether it be gang bang, base capture, furball, pick 'n ho, or run 'n hide. Doesn't really matter because HTC modeled the arenas so that the players decide what to do. In essence, this is what makes this game unique. Players choose to play the game their way, and thus, having an impact on others in game.

There is absolutely no valid argument that suggests any of this is HTC's fault. HTC can't control how people play the game, unless they completely change the game dynamics. I'm sure that is not what HTC wants to do anyways.

So my whole point to this thread is this: if you don't want to get ganged, then do something about it! If you don't want to get picked, do something about it! If you don't want your bases getting captured, do something about it! Stop whining and blaming everything on HTC because it simply isn't going to work. This thread has been nothing more than a bunch of cry babies with dirty diapers, expecting HTC to change them with fresh ones.

Shut up and play the damn game.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #407 on: March 04, 2011, 12:07:10 PM »
Wow this thread has really drug itself out this far. Let's get to the bottom of this, shall we?

This game is very much like a sandbox. People in game have the freedom to do whatever it is they like: whether it be gang bang, base capture, furball, pick 'n ho, or run 'n hide. Doesn't really matter because HTC modeled the arenas so that the players decide what to do. In essence, this is what makes this game unique. Players choose to play the game their way, and thus, having an impact on others in game.

There is absolutely no valid argument that suggests any of this is HTC's fault. HTC can't control how people play the game, unless they completely change the game dynamics. I'm sure that is not what HTC wants to do anyways.

So my whole point to this thread is this: if you don't want to get ganged, then do something about it! If you don't want to get picked, do something about it! If you don't want your bases getting captured, do something about it! Stop whining and blaming everything on HTC because it simply isn't going to work. This thread has been nothing more than a bunch of cry babies with dirty diapers, expecting HTC to change them with fresh ones.

+10   :aok

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #408 on: March 04, 2011, 12:14:22 PM »
blah blah blah blah....... HTC can't control how people play the game, unless they completely change the game dynamics. I'm sure that is not what HTC wants to do anyways.

blah blah blah .....Shut up and play the damn game.

Let me put something in perspective for you:
Your right HTC cant control how people play and that is not what anyone is advocating, but he can control how many can play on each side which would at least dampen the super hordes.

These super hordes tend to develop when the game allows you to have numbers that differ per side by as much as 20, 30, 40+ players that can freely move throughout the map without any formidable resistance.  

ENY just isn't enough to slow it down since the sheer numbers overcome any handicap that ENY was supposed to impose.

Carry on and you have a nice day shipmate.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #409 on: March 04, 2011, 12:56:06 PM »
Restricting the number of people who can play on each side is not necessarily going to dampen the super hordes. Numbers don't have much of any relation to the numbers or locations of super hordes. These so called super hordes are created when people decide to wing up together and work as a team. You could have a super horde of 20 people flying together, when in essence, they are flying for an outnumbered country of 120 players, whereas the opposing countries each have 160 players.

If you are suggesting that HTC should decide who should fly and how many, that is a mistake. It's easy for you to say because you are only in a squad of two. But look at some of the larger squads for example. Suppose the boys from JG11 decide to fly on their squad night, and there are 10 of them online. Since they fly only Knights, their country has high numbers. If you wish that HTC controls how many can fly at one time, then half of JG11 probably won't get airborne because of this restriction. Is that fair to JG11? What would you have them do then? Should they switch sides so that all can fly together? Should they just log off and let those who can fly, fly? Should they switch to another arena where they can't even find a fight?

Is that really a fun thing for people to put up with? No. HTC must try to find a happy balance somewhere in the mix. The current system is fine as it is, even if it seems like it does nothing. Super hordes will exist either way, whether it is on the low numbers country, or the high. So restricting the number of people who can fly at one time is not helping anything but pissing off the community.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #410 on: March 04, 2011, 01:22:51 PM »
nothing more than a bunch of cry babies with dirty diapers, expecting HTC to change them with fresh ones.

Digging that hole
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #411 on: March 04, 2011, 03:04:58 PM »

There you go making sense again  :lol
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:23:04 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #412 on: March 04, 2011, 03:21:47 PM »
Hordes:  why they exist?

I don't believe that they exist because hoards players exist.

I think that bishop filed has more better commanders and soldiers then nights and rooks.    :rock

Better commanders and soldiers not means better pilot necessary.

More better ect. means that, in mean, we can build up more missions for each week.

So nights and rooks will take it always into the backdoor   :rofl
until they don't produce more commanders and soldier.

That's all.

:salute

mobilis in mobile

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #413 on: March 04, 2011, 03:59:33 PM »
Hordes:  why they exist?

I don't believe that they exist because hoards players exist.

I think that bishop filed has more better commanders and soldiers then nights and rooks.    :rock

Better commanders and soldiers not means better pilot necessary.

More better ect. means that, in mean, we can build up more missions for each week.

So nights and rooks will take it always into the backdoor   :rofl
until they don't produce more commanders and soldier.

That's all.

Rofl commanders and soldiers.. bish has milkrunners who only fight when there's no opposition. That's the whole problem.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #414 on: March 04, 2011, 04:05:05 PM »
Restricting the number of people who can play on each side is not necessarily going to dampen the super hordes. Numbers don't have much of any relation to the numbers or locations of super hordes. These so called super hordes are created when people decide to wing up together and work as a team. You could have a super horde of 20 people flying together, when in essence, they are flying for an outnumbered country of 120 players, whereas the opposing countries each have 160 players.

If you are suggesting that HTC should decide who should fly and how many, that is a mistake. It's easy for you to say because you are only in a squad of two. But look at some of the larger squads for example. Suppose the boys from JG11 decide to fly on their squad night, and there are 10 of them online. Since they fly only Knights, their country has high numbers. If you wish that HTC controls how many can fly at one time, then half of JG11 probably won't get airborne because of this restriction. Is that fair to JG11? What would you have them do then? Should they switch sides so that all can fly together? Should they just log off and let those who can fly, fly? Should they switch to another arena where they can't even find a fight?

Is that really a fun thing for people to put up with? No. HTC must try to find a happy balance somewhere in the mix. The current system is fine as it is, even if it seems like it does nothing. Super hordes will exist either way, whether it is on the low numbers country, or the high. So restricting the number of people who can fly at one time is not helping anything but pissing off the community.

Gibberish.  You are not comprehending the idea of this conversation rather your ranting on with your blinders on.  You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I understand what you are trying to say, however your not putting any thought into what is being discussed.  

There is going to be hording, even if all three sides are equal in numbers.  
Currently as it stands now any 1 side can have as many as 40+ on that side with little or no effect to prevent it AND very little consequence to conducting said horde. (meaning, there will be the usual horde + the added 40 pilots which is at times can be a horde in and among themselves).  
So yes by limiting sides you would in effect dampen these super hordes since they cant carry the 40+ over the other sides.

I am not talking about local hordes, like in a mission.  This is about side balancing.

How to get players that would like to fly at the same time or same side when there is a side limit?  That might be a problem for some very large squads, some have multiple wings some don't(unwritten rule), if your loyal to a chess piece, that too might be a problem for you.  

But to simply not want to equal out the field on all three sides because its better to create a super horde to hide in is not healthy for the game and rather old.  

I am not here to convince you of anything, but this might have already passed over your head.

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #415 on: March 04, 2011, 04:14:08 PM »
It's the same damn thread over and over again, year after year. :rolleyes:

by the same people.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #416 on: March 04, 2011, 04:54:50 PM »
The other big thread is about the weather     :rofl

mobilis in mobile

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #417 on: March 04, 2011, 06:03:20 PM »
But to simply not want to equal out the field on all three sides because its better to create a super horde to hide in is not healthy for the game and rather old.

One would think after all these years of complaining, that there are no good fights anymore because everyone is hiding in hoards. That no one tries to understand why 'Hoard Hunting" has not become an Aces High trophy sport. Why do only a "few" find the hoards to be the weak prey they are while so many avoid them?

Most of todays maps are too big to win the war so we doodle around for weeks running bases and hiding from each other in the ack. The only viable "Force" to compete against "is" each countries "HOARD". But, the hoards avoid each other religiously while those aformentioned "few" harvest them if they are online. The rest of us in each country tag along with the biggest conga line on the map to get risk free pickings. We all share in this "sin"........

POTW spends an inordinat amount of time hunting the bish borg hoard. But, we are only at most 12 guys at a time chasing up to 30 borglings. Sometimes we bust their base sneaks. Sometimes we don't. Sometimes we are busy taking their feilds or the rooks feilds or hunting the rooks hoard or defending a feild...etc...etc...

Our squad made a decision a few years back. The only viable force in the arena is the hoard. If we want to fight we hunt hoards. If we want to pick a fight we attack one of their bases untill their hoard shows up or the base is ours. All in All we get to fight alot. With this logic if all you want to do is logon and fight alot....well we are very happy with the game.

Other wise, this same post in various permutations over many years has been presented to Hitech in the hopes he will agree to your reasoning and forcabely dictate limitations to the unwashed boorish majority mass of paying customers to make your sensabilites happy against their will.

Lordy sounds like a mini Wisconsin.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #418 on: March 04, 2011, 06:13:49 PM »

I am not talking about local hordes, like in a mission.  This is about side balancing.

I've read all of your responding posts thoroughly. I understand what you are trying to say. However, I still stand by my words.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #419 on: March 04, 2011, 06:24:02 PM »

Horde hunting IS fun and I partake in it as well. 
But there is a point at which too many on one side can and does tip too far and it no longer is enjoyable for anyone.   :aok