Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 24336 times)

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #435 on: March 05, 2011, 07:28:49 AM »
I don't know what HTC wants. 

Certain this post has this effect on my poor mental state:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io5yafljkcI

:salute
mobilis in mobile

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #436 on: March 05, 2011, 07:36:43 AM »
"Heh I was just thinking the same. When someone says horde I automatically think bish for some reason. I mean there are nits too but a horde from them is like wth just happened?"

Because bishops are more able in master and command then rooks or knights.

As i point out before.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl
mobilis in mobile

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #437 on: March 05, 2011, 08:00:06 AM »
"Heh I was just thinking the same. When someone says horde I automatically think bish for some reason. I mean there are nits too but a horde from them is like wth just happened?"

Because bishops are more able in master and command then rooks or knights.

As i point out before.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Or because bishops are not able to fight on even terms. More likely.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #438 on: March 05, 2011, 08:18:32 AM »

Now this is funny.  When in the MA have you seen any fight on even terms?  Rarely is either side balanced in a specific battle.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #439 on: March 05, 2011, 08:18:43 AM »
Loose deuce could not speak about horde.   Basically they are an horde group.   :D  

The true is more simple. Humans have a natural tendencies to form group, That's all.

mobilis in mobile

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #440 on: March 05, 2011, 08:41:22 AM »
Now this is funny.  When in the MA have you seen any fight on even terms?  Rarely is either side balanced in a specific battle.

Fred

Most fights on MA happen on even terms, if there is no organization players form up slowly to the scene and the opposition has time to react. With a megahorde the slates are turned immediately and defending is pretty much ruled out, especially when a carpet of bombers disables the field.

Hordes consisting of only fighters are not nearly as bad as the ones combining huge fleets of bombers. Too many fighters to even touch the buffs and buffs close the field in 1 run. Then it's just 1 m3 and a couple of minutes away for capture. Defenders won't make it half way from the next field before it's gone. Not only that, the horde typically lands immediately and moves on so whoever bothered to make the transition ends up flying around the empty field and acks blazing.

Stuff like that just makes you wonder what people are looking for, fun combat or ways to take that chance away from the game.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 08:44:26 AM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #441 on: March 05, 2011, 08:50:22 AM »
Not EVERY buff end as you said.

Why?  !!!

mobilis in mobile

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #442 on: March 05, 2011, 08:50:44 AM »

That can be said about alot of "lone wolf" types too.

Just look up. :airplane:
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #443 on: March 05, 2011, 09:04:06 AM »
Most fights on MA happen on even terms, if there is no organization players form up slowly to the scene and the opposition has time to react. With a megahorde the slates are turned immediately and defending is pretty much ruled out, especially when a carpet of bombers disables the field.

Hordes consisting of only fighters are not nearly as bad as the ones combining huge fleets of bombers. Too many fighters to even touch the buffs and buffs close the field in 1 run. Then it's just 1 m3 and a couple of minutes away for capture. Defenders won't make it half way from the next field before it's gone. Not only that, the horde typically lands immediately and moves on so whoever bothered to make the transition ends up flying around the empty field and acks blazing.

Stuff like that just makes you wonder what people are looking for, fun combat or ways to take that chance away from the game.

Bull, I don't know where you fly in the MA, but I rarely, if ever, see any fights start on even terms.  One side always has a numeric advantage over the other side.  That advantage can switch from the offensive to the defensive side, but one side always has an advantage.  As for that forming up slowly, it sure seems the norm when I am fighting one player, there are three others trying to pick.  Outside of the occasional arranged one on one or by chance two players coming upon each other alone in the same sector, there is no such thing as an even or fair fight in the MA.

Fred

« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:45:33 AM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #444 on: March 05, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
I didn't have time to read every post but I'd say yes, HT did want that in a way.  Otherwise why include the ability to plan missions.  Looks to me like they were trying to also include some immersion in that they were mostly in F6F's.

Gameplay hasn't really changed in 15 years.  Your perception of it may have.  Why keep beating these dead horses?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #445 on: March 05, 2011, 09:46:32 AM »
Bish just got assaulted by the entire Rook Air Force at 135 tonight. Should I start a new thread about it or will this one do?

(Image removed from quote.)

If you look out your left window you'll see a cloud of Rook iron blowing the crap out of a Bish airfield. If you weren't such a picktard you'd actually be in icon distance and maybe even within draw distance of the dozens of more aircraft ib that are indicated on the rada- they just took out the radar. Those pesky gremlins.

Yes, ALL sides do this...why Bish players get soooo defensive about this I'll never know  :devil It's a game issue, but as I have been told many a time "it is the way the game is played" so it's how we will play. Instead of fighting for air space, or land, or to win the war, we will do all in our power to deny the enemy of everything. Deny them the bombs to blow up our building and GVs (because we can't kill them any way) Deny them the use of CV that we hide (because should they use it a fight might break out).

Check out the wish list, how many thread can you find on wishes that are all about denying something from the game. Denying side switching (spyz!) fuel, ammo perks, limiting aircraft from a field. Why, because its about the only way to slow a horde, deny them the planes/bombs/fuel.

Oh well, it's how the game is played !  :aok

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #446 on: March 05, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »
I've seen far more Bish hoards than Rook hoards.
Something involving kettles and pots comes to mind...
So you advocate hordeing when its you on the end. Its "fun" right?

What exactly are you preaching here?

Hey you two, this guy:

Yes, ALL sides do this...why Bish players get soooo defensive about this I'll never know  :devil It's a game issue, but as I have been told many a time "it is the way the game is played" so it's how we will play. Instead of fighting for air space, or land, or to win the war, we will do all in our power to deny the enemy of everything. Deny them the bombs to blow up our building and GVs (because we can't kill them any way) Deny them the use of CV that we hide (because should they use it a fight might break out).

Check out the wish list, how many thread can you find on wishes that are all about denying something from the game. Denying side switching (spyz!) fuel, ammo perks, limiting aircraft from a field. Why, because its about the only way to slow a horde, deny them the planes/bombs/fuel.

got it. Why didn't you?

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #447 on: March 05, 2011, 10:19:33 AM »

Are these post similar to denying people the horde?

HiTech

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #448 on: March 05, 2011, 10:32:37 AM »

HiTech

Zing
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #449 on: March 05, 2011, 10:47:27 AM »

HiTech

I was just about to post that.  :rofl

He seems to think that it was an accident that you made the ord, fuel, and hangars destroyable.  It must be a bug.

If they weren't meant to be destroyed, they wouldn't be destroyable.

The logical conclusion to that thinking is just to make all the fields undestroyable and uncapturable. 

Then the MA can then be reduced to stale, one-dimensional, pointless furballing with no context or purpose.

You know, like......well... you know.

:devil,
Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.