Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 24244 times)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #585 on: March 07, 2011, 09:47:23 PM »
<snip>

The MA is not that controllable.  Its a cross between Rave party, the Special Olympics, and the Russian Front.  

<snip>

I think the real challenge here, is to find out which country is which.

Bish = Special Olympics
Rook = Rave party
Nits = Russian Front.

Agreed?
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #586 on: March 07, 2011, 09:53:47 PM »
I mean this as honestly and helpfully as possible.

I believe moot, Urchin, and Fugitive would have more fun spending their time in the DA.  Splitting their time between the simple furballing at the lake (never having to worry about strat or bombers) and 1 vs. 1 duels at the other fields.

You may not realize it, but I think thats what you really want.  Start yourself a DA club so that you can organize 2 vs 2 and 4 vs 4 for variety.  

You can control it and optimized it to be perfectly fair.

The MA is not that controllable.  Its a cross between Rave party, the Special Olympics, and the Russian Front.  Its never going to conform to your delicate sensibilities.

:salute,
Wab

Typically when I play, that is where I play.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #587 on: March 08, 2011, 08:15:46 AM »
I agree with Moot, people need to learn to fight.

The DA is just a rinse and repeat of tricks. Get the timing down and your a "top gun" whoopie!  I'm looking for a fight. If that means I join a group trying to capture a base, or one that defends, that's all I want. I don't want to see nobody defend when I'm attacking. Where's the fun in just walking in and grabbing an undefended base?

- don't want to see the attackers run away after a failed attempt, regroup and try again!

I don't want to see 40-50 guys roll in and totally flatten a base, capture it, then move to some other obscure part of the map to take another. There is not fight in that either.

Tell me your next base attempt, I'll a couple guys together and we TRY to give you a run for your money. That's all I'm looking for.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #588 on: March 08, 2011, 08:20:06 AM »
Tell me your next base attempt, I'll a couple guys together and we TRY to give you a run for your money.

Wait. 

Did you just assert that the enemy should inform you beforehand of where they plan to attack?

Should they ask, "Mother, May I?"

:rolleyes:,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #589 on: March 08, 2011, 09:07:16 AM »
people need to learn to fight.

'People' don't need to do anything, actualy.

The DA is just a rinse and repeat of tricks. Get the timing down and your a "top gun" whoopie! 

Clueless!  :eek:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 08, 2011, 09:59:27 AM »

'People' don't need to do anything, actualy.

Absolutely!  :aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #591 on: March 08, 2011, 10:52:53 AM »
I think fugitive has thunked himself right into a perpetual loop of contradiction.  Sometimes "not thinking" is the best medicine.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #592 on: March 08, 2011, 11:10:53 AM »
Wab, what's wrong with telling me the next base your going for? You bring your crew, I get a couple guys to up in defense with me, let the better team win, whether it's with tactics, or skill. At least there will be a fight, fun for all right?

People need to learn how to fight so that they don't have to always run from one, or hide in a horde. It's NOT and requirement, just a suggestion.

Where am I contradicting myself? I've always said all I want is a fight. Whether its in the air, or on the ground. Whether it's air to air, or for a base, all I want is a fight. 

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #593 on: March 08, 2011, 11:18:23 AM »
I think fugitive has thunked himself right into a perpetual loop of contradiction.  Sometimes "not thinking" is the best medicine.

I think Fugitive has just written himself into a corner!  I do respect him and what he has attempted to gain with his mega-postings but I fear that he has gone full circle in his wants and expectations and of what will be, can be, or wishes would be. He has ignored the fact that his most important variable in his equation is the current state of the "adjustable nut behind the keyboard"!  The current player base is NOT the same type of folks that started playing this game when it was in beta and throughout AH1.  He can blame Hitech for it.  Hitech has had to do some things to the game to make it viable to the current market or risk closing the entire company down as a failure.  He is an employer and has responsibilities to his employees and himself and his family, and that is keeping the company alive.  I'm sorry that we just don't have enough pure WWII enthusiast that want combat to be on a complete HONOR format that was enjoyed only during WWI.  The entire education system is mostly to blame as when I was in school during the 60's, we studied the wars in history class but my youngest son (30 years old), doesn't know squat about the war of 1812 or even what happened at Iwo-Jima.  Pure WWII combat folks are NOT enough to sustain a company today.  We just have to live with the quake war players and hope for the best.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #594 on: March 08, 2011, 11:26:12 AM »
I think Fugitive has just written himself into a corner!  I do respect him and what he has attempted to gain with his mega-postings but I fear that he has gone full circle in his wants and expectations and of what will be, can be, or wishes would be. He has ignored the fact that his most important variable in his equation is the current state of the "adjustable nut behind the keyboard"!  The current player base is NOT the same type of folks that started playing this game when it was in beta and throughout AH1.  He can blame Hitech for it.  Hitech has had to do some things to the game to make it viable to the current market or risk closing the entire company down as a failure.  He is an employer and has responsibilities to his employees and himself and his family, and that is keeping the company alive.  I'm sorry that we just don't have enough pure WWII enthusiast that want combat to be on a complete HONOR format that was enjoyed only during WWI.  The entire education system is mostly to blame as when I was in school during the 60's, we studied the wars in history class but my youngest son (30 years old), doesn't know squat about the war of 1812 or even what happened at Iwo-Jima.  Pure WWII combat folks are NOT enough to sustain a company today.  We just have to live with the quake war players and hope for the best.

All the Best...

Jay

+1  thats about all that can be said, it's a new generation
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #595 on: March 08, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »
Wab, what's wrong with telling me the next base your going for?

Fug,

So apparently your answer is the enemy must ask "Mother, May I?".  Unbelievable. 

So lets recap....

The enemy must give you sufficient prior notice, before any attack.  Where and when. 
They must not come in too high (alt monkey), or too low (sneaky NOE).
They must not come with too many planes (damn horde!)
They must not fly faster than Fug can catch, and they must agree not to disengage if they get in to a disadvantageous position.
And for God's sake, they must never blow anything up as that might deprive Fug of a toy.

You have now crossed the line from merely being goofy, to full out tardness.

Good luck with that.

:rofl,
Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #596 on: March 08, 2011, 12:10:34 PM »
Fugitive, your doing it all wrong get your buds together and just tell them on 200 where your going to hit and just go there, trust me.. it works on starting fights all the time  :joystick:
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #597 on: March 08, 2011, 12:18:21 PM »
I agree with Moot, people need to learn to fight.

Some also need to realize that not everyone plays the same way, some like to mix it up and some prefer more timid tactics.  Who is to say who's playing style is the right way or the wrong way?  Certainly not you and I...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #598 on: March 08, 2011, 12:52:26 PM »
Wab, now you being ridiculous! I never said they MUST tell me where they are going, I said why not tell me where they are going, as in challenging you and your crew against me and who ever else comes along. SAPP does it often enough. Call out where we are going and challange all to fight us. It's always good fun.

AKAK I agree that there are many ways to play the game, I just don't think the "quake"style of the hordes is one of them. I just think it kills more "fun" than it adds to the game.

And yes I agree that "the time are a changing" and I'm working on changing with them.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #599 on: March 08, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »
Some also need to realize that not everyone plays the same way, some like to mix it up and some prefer more timid tactics. ack-ack

Which one is you?