Author Topic: Is this what Hitech wants?  (Read 23744 times)

Offline VAMPIRE 2?

• Copper Member
Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #600 on: March 08, 2011, 12:54:24 PM »
some peoples tactics drive me off the wall, like ack huggers and runners. for crying out loud I'm in a mustang! so anyway I change my style a bit and find ways to cut them off the base AMBILICAL CORD!   :ahand
412TH braunco mustangs <--or so I hope lol

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #601 on: March 08, 2011, 01:23:55 PM »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #602 on: March 08, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »
ack ack do you have a macro on your keyoboard to type your name every post?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #603 on: March 08, 2011, 01:49:39 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

LOL, I wasn't calling you timid, although I do find it ironic you posted a picture of a puussycat.   :D

Jk of course, we have good fights all the time.
In game and on bbs.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #604 on: March 08, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »
.........Hitech has had to do some things to the game to make it viable to the current market or risk closing the entire company down as a failure.  He is an employer and has responsibilities to his employees and himself and his family, and that is keeping the company alive.  ..............

How well do you think those changes have been so far?  

Seems to me there is not and has not been the numbers that used to play on a regular basis.  Would that have anything to do with the direction its been going?   The bigger question is, is it too late to turn it around if its not the right direction?

They said that the Titanic couldnt sink........... we know how that ended.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:45:20 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #605 on: March 08, 2011, 05:59:15 PM »
less people playing?

no, more arenas to spread people out into. I think anyhow.

At the peak of AH1 we might see 700 people online. But they were all in one arena. Nowadays we still get about 700 split between DA/AvA/MA.
Every night the DA alone has ~50 people in. Back when the MA was not split it was lucky if the DA had 10.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #606 on: March 08, 2011, 06:06:14 PM »
Some also need to realize that not everyone plays the same way, some like to mix it up and some prefer more timid tactics.  Who is to say who's playing style is the right way or the wrong way?  Certainly not you and I...

ack-ack
just to clarify I never said so and dont believe it either
I believe no one stands to lose from knowing a minimum number of things like... stick forward = nose down.. high aoa = more friction ... and so on.  What they do with it is of no interest to me
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 06:07:56 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline TWCSpin

• Zinc Member
« Reply #607 on: March 10, 2011, 06:32:30 PM »
 :rockMUHAHAHAHA Dont ya just love a BISH HORD ! Nice pic btw  :devil

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #608 on: March 10, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »
I'm this way about it.  Choose your own fights.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm excited how this game is progressing.  I do stress the term 'game'.  Come on Fugitive, let's all just have some fun man and watch where it continues to go.

<S> Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #609 on: March 10, 2011, 07:31:21 PM »
if you can beat em, join em HAHA! GO BISH HORDES GOOO!!!!

RedTail

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #610 on: March 11, 2011, 06:09:47 PM »
Wab, now you being ridiculous! I never said they MUST tell me where they are going, I said why not tell me where they are going, as in challenging you and your crew against me and who ever else comes along. SAPP does it often enough. Call out where we are going and challange all to fight us. It's always good fun.

AKAK I agree that there are many ways to play the game, I just don't think the "quake"style of the hordes is one of them. I just think it kills more "fun" than it adds to the game.

And yes I agree that "the time are a changing" and I'm working on changing with them.

Take it easy Fugi.  You can surely get a plane up and fly to where the fight is.  Sometimes the fight is over before you get there.  Sometimes it switches to a nearby base.  Let me ask you this, What is the hurry?  Do you really need to have alot of kills per hour to have fun?  Is it the lack of kills per hour that is draggin down your score that is frustrating you?  How many excellent fights per month do you need to be happy?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #611 on: March 11, 2011, 07:32:18 PM »
I just don't think the "quake"style of the hordes is one of them. I just think it kills more "fun" than it adds to the game.
Problem here is that if 20 people are having fun and you are not, my guess is that the 20 people have more weight against your argument than you do for it.

It may suck getting rolled but it can be a load of fun doing the rolling, believe me.  Things in nature tend to balance themselves out, as do things in the game.  Mostly.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #612 on: March 11, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »
Take it easy Fugi.  You can surely get a plane up and fly to where the fight is.  Sometimes the fight is over before you get there.  Sometimes it switches to a nearby base.  Let me ask you this, What is the hurry?  Do you really need to have alot of kills per hour to have fun?  Is it the lack of kills per hour that is draggin down your score that is frustrating you?  How many excellent fights per month do you need to be happy?

I fly mostly on Saturday. Start about 1 in the afternoon, until 10-11 at night. If you look at my score you'll see I spend a lot of time looking for fights. My k/hour is very low. The problem is that a lot of these horde/smash and grab type squads are not looking for a fight. They run in and grab a base and then disappear. Maybe popping up on the other side of the map. To them "which base is next?" isn't only important as "which base is off by itself undefended?"

I'll keep cruising along looking for fights, and take what I can get when I can get them, but to me after 10 years of playing this game, it looks like a symptom of a problem in the game. I hope I'm wrong, and only time will tell. :salute

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #613 on: March 11, 2011, 07:59:46 PM »
This threads too long to read. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Bellator

• Copper Member
« Reply #614 on: March 12, 2011, 06:25:15 AM »
These new rules will be instrumental to promoting non-stop fights.
Should also increase frame rate performance by reducing the amount of terrain to generate. Resulting in faster game play.

New arena rules:

Rule-1
LWO Arena Map will consist of three airfields.
1-Rook, 1-Bishop, and 1-Knight.

Rule-2
Airfields shall be equally spaced 2 sectors from each other.

Rule-3
All Airfields will be 10k altitude.

Rule-4
Airfields cannot be captured, de-acked, or damaged in any way.

Rule-5
Map will be reset every two hours.

Rule-6
There will be no radar. All aircraft will be shown on the map and be visible to all players.
This will save some players the extra $14.99 for the second account.

Rule-7
Planes can only receive damage on the front of the cowling.
( In the event that any plane is struck from the six o:clock position or any other direction other than the front. The attacking aircraft will be destroyed and it will be scored as a death.) In short, you will kill-shot yourself.

Engagement Rules.
You will be forced to fight. Anyone sitting in the tower for more than 5 minutes will be scored, as a death and ½ Ho Kill will be awarded to each of the opposing countries.
There shall be no strategies, tactics, or maneuvers allowed.
Your objective is to Ho as many enemy aircraft as possible.
The country with the most Ho’s after two hours shall be deemed the winner.

MAY THE BEST BUNCH OF HO’s WIN.

<S> Bellator