Author Topic: *cries* 12 B29's lost due to.....  (Read 1195 times)

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
Re: *cries* 12 B29's lost due to.....
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 03:39:34 PM »
Every time i start getting discos/crashes I just Defrag AH. Works like a charm! Sometimes there is up to 80 or so fragmented files, with 100+ fragments each
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 03:47:18 PM »
For a long time every single 262 or tempest i upped got a disco within 5 mins.  I refused to fly a perk ride for over 9 months due to it.  My discos were non-existant for a long time...until...Frontier bought out Verizon and now I have the disco monkey again.  My main problem in perk rides now is every 262 I up has toilet paper wingtips.  If I bank to plane at all, even with minimal Gs I snap both tips off.
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 03:50:43 PM »
Most disco/program failures are on the local side of things, or your ISP.  

When was the last time you cleaned up your computer?  Did a virus scan?  ran a malware program?  Defrag'd your HD?  How many films and screenshots do you have in the AH folder?

Any of those things that slow down your computer can screw the game.  Too many screenshots in your AH folder with cause the game to crash..... I learned that one the hard way.  (Thank you Fugi for telling me sir)

Does having a data hard drive help with avoiding problems with having too many films and screenshots? Ive been told this too and yea it sucks because I have lost 262s this way and I wish there was a way to totally eliminate this...

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 03:52:47 PM »
Most of my disco's are on the longer bombing missions and they are 100% my fault. I'll alt-tab and watch an in-flight movie and play flash games while I climb. I click on Aces High again and there's a white screen. Oh well  :(

I second this too...... I like to alt tab out and surf when Im on the climb. Seems like the computer uses alot of resources when re rendering the landscape...... I hope my new comp has enough horsepower to brush this off....... at least for a while anyway..

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 03:54:10 PM »
Every time i start getting discos/crashes I just Defrag AH. Works like a charm! Sometimes there is up to 80 or so fragmented files, with 100+ fragments each

So how do you defrag just AH? I usually just defrag the whole drive before I got to bed and let the thing just work overnight....

Offline Silent6

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 03:57:32 PM »
For a long time every single 262 or tempest i upped got a disco within 5 mins.  I refused to fly a perk ride for over 9 months due to it.  My discos were non-existant for a long time...until...Frontier bought out Verizon and now I have the disco monkey again.  My main problem in perk rides now is every 262 I up has toilet paper wingtips.  If I bank to plane at all, even with minimal Gs I snap both tips off.

That sounds more like a joystick dead band setting. You might wanna look at how your joystick adds input, it may be really high sensitivity causing a input spike which is the equivalent of someone just violently yanking on the stick.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 04:00:44 PM »
Silent, sir, before you go any further, there's a "modify" button at the top right of each of your posts that allows you to make additional comments without having to double and triple post  :aok

And if the latest post in a thread is modified the blue NEW! indicator on the thread will reappear, so you can sort of bump a thread without making a new post.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 04:02:40 PM by GNucks »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 04:03:45 PM »
And to add what Gnuck's said, you can also add multiple quotes to a post as well. Just scroll up and add the quotes you want.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline SouthLanda

• Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 04:05:36 AM »
Lost my last Tempest due to a disconnection.

Funny thing is, I just dont disconnect more than once every 3-4 months.
Game ID: SthLanda

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 06:18:46 AM »
I'm just glad this doesn't happen in real life cuz the other day it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to work because ppl can't drive when water falls out of the sky. It would suck to drive for 1:40 and right as you are parking, bam u r back in your driveway at home and u have to start all over but you don't get your gas back.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 07:40:59 AM »
I'm just glad this doesn't happen in real life cuz the other day it took me 1 hour and 45 minutes to get to work because ppl can't drive when water falls out of the sky. It would suck to drive for 1:40 and right as you are parking, bam u r back in your driveway at home and u have to start all over but you don't get your gas back.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl Great parallel.

I've lost 4 b29s and I don't have a lot of bomber perks. One to diving too fast. 3 to happy pilots. I just hate all the time it takes to go to 30k so I've only been to 18k in them.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 08:29:23 AM »
   Seems to me I've had an increase in discos lately, may be subjective though. Flew a 2+ hour mission on Tuesday with Swoops in a B-29 and no problems and landed all three.  :banana:
   When the B-29 first came out lost a formation the first day.  :cry

Oh well glad to be able to use some bomber perks.   :salute
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.