Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17596 times)

Offline greens

• Silver Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »
Boy I cannot wait to take command of friendly cvs and bring them to a fight wheni wanna or take the friendly cvs n bring them waYYYYY AWAY!!! lol
this is the most epic whine i say  :aok

<S> greens
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2011, 01:21:56 PM »
Of course it makes no sense if you're hiding it before the port is take, right?

Idk, if they feel that the port capture is immenent then I don't see why not.  I wouldn't call it "CV hiding" so much as "CV relocating" to safe waters.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2011, 01:22:52 PM »
Dude, if you're arguing "that cheating is ok", cause they can't possibly catch everybody doin it, you'll get no respect from me (or most likely anybody else for that matter)!

And like I said, if ya think ya got the perfect way to do it, go for it, but don't whine when they bust/ban you for doin it!

I did not say that at all.  I am, however, playing Devil's advocate.

My argument is that for every measure, there is a countermeasure.

It will be that way in every aspect of life until doomsday.

People will always find a way to beat the mousetrap.  There will also be those that whine endlessly about how someone "cheated" rather than admit that their own tactics were less-than Patton-esque.

It is even funnier when they come to the BBS to do it and, on top of it, act like it was "theirs" or they paid for it...         :rofl
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2011, 01:38:26 PM »
If you hide a cv 20 sectors away I think nothing of it to go to that side and find that cv. I will do it every time. Call me what you will.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2011, 01:42:04 PM »
I did not say that at all.  I am, however, playing Devil's advocate.

My argument is that for every measure, there is a countermeasure.

It will be that way in every aspect of life until doomsday.

People will always find a way to beat the mousetrap.  There will also be those that whine endlessly about how someone "cheated" rather than admit that their own tactics were less-than Patton-esque.

It is even funnier when they come to the BBS to do it and, on top of it, act like it was "theirs" or they paid for it...         :rofl

You are trying to argue thieves will always be with us, therefore we should just let them steal all they want.

Point is if DMGOD comes here and would say directly instead of insinuating he changed sides and told his old country where the CV was, I would mute him myself.

If anyone who received information of where the CV was would report it, again a mute would occur of the person abusing the sytem.

Just because some can fall threw the cracks does not mean it should be tolerated .

HiTech

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2011, 01:43:35 PM »
 :devil

personally I would never do somthing like get a cv sunk in the name of furballing and pissing the "generals" off.

:devil
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2011, 01:49:40 PM »
Your point?

Was obvious.

It is a game that utilizes WWII aircraft, vehicles, weapons, and tactics; but it does not simulate WWII.

It is a game that is using things from WWII.

I think HT himself said something to this degree at one point, I may be mistaken.
Strokes

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2011, 02:06:06 PM »
It is a game that utilizes WWII aircraft, vehicles, weapons, and tactics; but it does not simulate WWII.

It is a game that is using things from WWII.

I think HT himself said something to this degree at one point, I may be mistaken.

Right here:

Correct that statement to read more precisely ,Aces High is not a simulation of WW2.

HiTech

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2011, 02:11:21 PM »
It makes perfect sense from a strategic standpoint to move the CV into safe waters if you do not own the port.  Keeping it "in play" will just get it sunk and your country loses the CV to the enemy.  Let me restate, it makes absolutely zero sense from a strategic standpoint to keep the CV in play.  

This entire thread is just a furballers vs win the war's never resolving argument in disguise.  Furballers think the war is stupid and have no respect for the win the war guys right to play their way, within the parameters of the game, so they break the rules to get even.  

You have to take the good with the bad, furballers.  The war creates lots of fun in the MA.  Do you like engaging bomber formations, missions, and defending bases against attackers trying to capture the base?  If so, then you do enjoy the war aspect of the game.  To cry about certain negatives of it that aren't to your likings yet eating the rest up with a spoon is hypocritical, and you should just go over to furball lake and fly in the endless furball.  No bombers, no base capture, no strategy, nothing but fighting endlessly to your heart's content.  If that sounds boring, then you are really just fooling yourself of what the MA is really about.

OMG!

Who the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks ARE YOU....and what have you done to grizz??????

:lol

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2011, 02:12:51 PM »
This thread is another fine example why a max life  span of a CV without it's corresponding port could make sense ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2011, 02:14:33 PM »
You are trying to argue thieves will always be with us, therefore we should just let them steal all they want.

Point is if DMGOD comes here and would say directly instead of insinuating he changed sides and told his old country where the CV was, I would mute him myself.

If anyone who received information of where the CV was would report it, again a mute would occur of the person abusing the sytem.

Just because some can fall threw the cracks does not mean it should be tolerated .

HiTech

I switched sides and reported where the cv was. I'll take my mute I'm ok with it (not the 1st time). I gotta tell you that I am a lil disappointed with ur response HItech. I was under the impression that u were on the "promote combat" side. In my opinion hiding a cv takes away from combat and takes away from others game play. I think it is a poor decision to allow a couple of players to dictate how  a couple of hundred players play.
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »
This thread is another fine example why a max life  span of a CV without it's corresponding port could make sense ;)

ZOMAGAWD Lusche.  Making sense here will get you hung!  I like it. +1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2011, 02:25:58 PM »
Im no expert but all the shows and movies ive seen on the military channel and other channels about WWII have never shown anyone moving and hiding the cv. What would have happened if we did that at midway or Pearl ?

Hiding the cv just takes another yet fun aspect out of the picture so all we have left is hos and hordes.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:27:36 PM by shppr01 »
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2011, 02:28:08 PM »
Im no expert but all the shows and movies ive seen on the military channel and other channels about WWII have never shown anyone moving and hiding the cv. What would have happened if we did that at midway or Pearl ?

Hiding the cv just takes another yet fun aspect out of the picture so all we have left is hos and hordes.

Umm Midway and pearl were all about hiding  :)

Just saying

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2011, 02:29:58 PM »

HiTech

That is half correct.  There will always be thieves in the world.  I am not saying to let them "steal all they want".  What I AM saying, however

There is no theft of property, real or intellectual, and therefore I doubt one could really call it "stealing"  Being an unsportsmanlike, screwing the players, or just plain being an bellybutton may be more accurate.

What I am saying is something that you have already stated, yourself ...

HiTech

He won't say it himself so therefore, without proof (logs, screenshots, film, blatant confession) you would be pissing up a rope to mute anyone without proof.  I am not saying it is not your right, just that it would not be very productive.  It would be more like a witch hunt.

Proof is always asked for when complaints are made on this board or to the HTC front office, itself.  The cries of "Film?, Screenshot?" abound.

HiTech

Without proof?  If that is the case, I will log on, right now at work and report him for it.  Personally, I am not fond of the SOB myself and if that is the case, I'm on my way to the MA now.   :D

So, I really am not saying that just because someone can exploit the cracks in the system that they should be tolerated.  What I am saying is that a "shoot first, ask questions later" approach is not always good for business either.  There are more than a few squads in this game that will blindly do whatever the person in charge asks them to do, just like lemmings, to include a mass report of someone if they do not like them.  Are you really going to go and dissect every incident to make sure it is a legitimate gripe?  Is this what you want to spend your time time doing?  Is this what you want to be paying your staff to do, refereeing pissing contests in the schoolyard?

EDIT: I stand corrected, he actually did admit it.  I have no problem admitting when I am wrong   :aok

« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:33:07 PM by VonMessa »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.