Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17583 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2011, 02:33:53 PM »
I switched sides and reported where the cv was. I'll take my mute I'm ok with it (not the 1st time). I gotta tell you that I am a lil disappointed with ur response HItech. I was under the impression that u were on the "promote combat" side. In my opinion hiding a cv takes away from combat and takes away from others game play. I think it is a poor decision to allow a couple of players to dictate how  a couple of hundred players play.

I actually agree with DMG!!   :bolt: before I get hit with the stick, too.

Really though.  I see hiding a CV several sectors away from any action comparable to running away from a fight for several sectors, diving and hiding in the ack, flying over Wirbles to kill that bad guy on your six pr something of that flavor.  Is it smart flying in order to stay alive?  Maybe.  Is it "right"?  Who knows.  Is it gutless?  YES!

Just my 2 cents

NOTE:  "gutless" isn't really the word I was looking for, but you get the point
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 02:35:50 PM by Banshee7 »
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2011, 02:34:48 PM »

EDIT: I stand corrected, he actually did admit it.  I have no problem admitting when I am wrong   :aok

[/quote]

I don't think I'm wrong for what I did. And on another note I am rather fond of you myself
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2011, 02:36:27 PM »

I don't think I'm wrong for what I did. And on another note I am rather fond of you myself

Well.......... OK.

But you'll have to buy me dinner, first (and some drinks).
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2011, 02:38:31 PM »
I switched sides and reported where the cv was. I'll take my mute I'm ok with it (not the 1st time). I gotta tell you that I am a lil disappointed with ur response HItech. I was under the impression that u were on the "promote combat" side. In my opinion hiding a cv takes away from combat and takes away from others game play. I think it is a poor decision to allow a couple of players to dictate how  a couple of hundred players play.

lol @ "promoting combat"

Switching countries so he doesn't have risk a plane scouting for a CV  :lol
I'm sure he'll be "promoting combat" when he has his CV back.

And another lol for "a poor decision to allow a couple of players dictate how a couple of hundred players play". That rule doesn't count if it's a couple of DM's undermining the principles of the game to take a boat from a hundred players.

He'll be the master of the art of having cakes and eating them too if he keeps this up. And all the while he pretends that he does these things on principle, because he's actually concerned about everyone else's fun :rofl

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2011, 02:43:37 PM »
lol @ "promoting combat"

Switching countries so he doesn't have risk a plane scouting for a CV  :lol
I'm sure he'll be "promoting combat" when he has his CV back.

And another lol for "a poor decision to allow a couple of players dictate how a couple of hundred players play". That rule doesn't count if it's a couple of DM's undermining the principles of the game to take a boat from a hundred players.

He'll be the master of the art of having cakes and eating them too if he keeps this up. And all the while he pretends that he does these things on principle, because he's actually concerned about everyone else's fun :rofl

(Image removed from quote.)

And these 100 players are doing what with a CV that is 5-10 sectors behind any front line action?  Playing hide the salami? 

Better yet, I'd rather not know what brand of fun a bunch of lonely sailors are having, way out in the middle of nowhere...

:noid

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2011, 02:43:57 PM »
I switched sides and reported where the cv was. I'll take my mute I'm ok with it (not the 1st time). I gotta tell you that I am a lil disappointed with ur response HItech. I was under the impression that u were on the "promote combat" side.

There is a big difference between condoning game play that "promotes combat" and condoning game play that promotes retarded behavior.  HiTech just stated that he's in favor of the former and will slap around those guilty of the latter.

In my opinion hiding a cv takes away from combat and takes away from others game play. I think it is a poor decision to allow a couple of players to dictate how  a couple of hundred players play.

So you decided to act and dictate how others play because they weren't playing like how you wanted them to play.  Do you knew the definition of a hypocrit because from where I'm standing, you're a shining example of one.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2011, 02:45:13 PM »
Im no expert but all the shows and movies ive seen on the military channel and other channels about WWII have never shown anyone moving and hiding the cv. What would have happened if we did that at midway or Pearl ?

When you don't know your history, don't try and use history to prove a point.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2011, 03:09:09 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:57:05 PM by Skuzzy »
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2011, 03:11:50 PM »
Im no expert but all the shows and movies ive seen on the military channel and other channels about WWII have never shown anyone moving and hiding the cv. What would have happened if we did that at midway or Pearl ?

Hiding the cv just takes another yet fun aspect out of the picture so all we have left is hos and hordes.

We also didn't hand over the keys to our CV's just because their port got bombed so it's not a very effective analogy.  I don't condone CV hiding, I think it's a bad practice, use them, take the port back, etc.  That being said I don't see how one person's bad behavior is a suitable justification for more bad behavior.

Historical CV operations, were always governed by risk/reward.   Especially early in the war, the Doolittle raid was launched much earlier and further away than planned because they thought the task force was detected.  The navy pulled it's support from the Guadalcanal invasion after only a day or two in the area, effectively stranding the marines there w/out their full compliment of supply because of the risk of air attack, an early raid on Rabaul was likewise scrubbed because the CV was detected early.   The stakes were just a wee bit different back then.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline RobMo68

• Nickel Member
      • Pigs On The Wing
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2011, 03:34:58 PM »

I actually agree with DMG!!   :bolt: before I get hit with the stick, too.

Really though.  I see hiding a CV several sectors away from any action comparable to running away from a fight for several sectors, diving and hiding in the ack, flying over Wirbles to kill that bad guy on your six pr something of that flavor.  Is it smart flying in order to stay alive?  Maybe.  Is it "right"?  Who knows.  Is it gutless?  YES!

Just my 2 cents

NOTE:  "gutless" isn't really the word I was looking for, but you get the point

So, you'll be handing over the CV, the next time a port gets taken away from you then?! :huh

Yeeeah, Rrright! :rolleyes:
Speed68a
Special Forces Wing: POTW nUb:"Get outta my mud, biotch"

+~WARPIGS RACING~+
ERL S3R9 Winner

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
To be very honest about it, I could really care less about the CV's.

There are no German carrier aircraft, so therefore they are fairly useless to me.

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2011, 03:42:31 PM »
I wonder how hard it would be to program in a message for the server to give out the last sector location of a CV when that particular port gets taken?  Something like "P100 has been captured by the Rooks.  Captured documents show the last location of CV101 to be 12,4."  Then it is up to the capturing side to go after it.  They would still have an entire sector to search.

Just an idea.

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: February 28, 2011, 03:43:57 PM »

The Germans would have surely invaded.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: February 28, 2011, 03:46:16 PM »
I don't know why I haven't thought of this before.  :headscratch:

It makes perfect sense now.  One of these with appropriate sonar range.  I doubt if anything would stand the chance of surviving long enough to be hidden.

Plus, it will be much more fun hiding her....... and much easier :lol
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:48:35 PM by Chilli »

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: February 28, 2011, 03:46:53 PM »
I wonder how hard it would be to program in a message for the server to give out the last sector location of a CV when that particular port gets taken?  Something like "P100 has been captured by the Rooks.  Captured documents show the last location of CV101 to be 12,4."  Then it is up to the capturing side to go after it.  They would still have an entire sector to search.

Just an idea.

Captured documents??? :noid

I like it.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP