Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17554 times)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2011, 03:49:22 PM »
I wonder how hard it would be to program in a message for the server to give out the last sector location of a CV when that particular port gets taken?  Something like "P100 has been captured by the Rooks.  Captured documents show the last location of CV101 to be 12,4."  Then it is up to the capturing side to go after it.  They would still have an entire sector to search.

Just an idea.

I like that too!  Way to think creatively!

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2011, 03:57:29 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 03:57:53 PM by Skuzzy »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2011, 04:11:35 PM »
OK,I just want to get this strait, I'm trying to learn a new way to play here.

So if I log on and some little "general" has decided for what ever reason that the CVs he has tucked away in the corner of the map are going to stay there, and he has the "rank" to back this up, it's OK for him to do that, even tho I'm paying the same $15 he is.

On the other hand if I report the location of these same CVs to the other country I get muted, right?

Ok, ........walks away just shaking his head

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2011, 04:19:36 PM »
    No bites today.

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2011, 04:20:44 PM »
So if I log on and some little "general" has decided for what ever reason that the CVs he has tucked away in the corner of the map are going to stay there, and he has the "rank" to back this up, it's OK for him to do that, even tho I'm paying the same $15 he is.

Yes.

On the other hand if I report the location of these same CVs to the other country I get muted, right?

Yes again.  Or worse.

Now that we're all on the same page, let's move on ...

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2011, 04:29:46 PM »
I switched sides and reported where the cv was. I'll take my mute I'm ok with it (not the 1st time). I gotta tell you that I am a lil disappointed with ur response HItech. I was under the impression that u were on the "promote combat" side. In my opinion hiding a cv takes away from combat and takes away from others game play. I think it is a poor decision to allow a couple of players to dictate how  a couple of hundred players play.

+.995

There 'might' be something wrong with what you did - but I can't think of it now....
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: February 28, 2011, 04:31:53 PM »
So, you'll be handing over the CV, the next time a port gets taken away from you then?! :huh

That would be correct.  The "bad guys" can have the port, the CV, and any other base they want.  I'll still fly and die the same as before :aok
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: February 28, 2011, 04:37:51 PM »
How about this, a 60 minute clock starts if no activity comes off the "hidden" cv.  Then it respawns to the owning country.  Just a thought.
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #143 on: February 28, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »
OK,I just want to get this strait, I'm trying to learn a new way to play here.

Ok, ........walks away just shaking his head

:aok

Ps lol my chat and voice privs have been suspended
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
« Reply #144 on: February 28, 2011, 04:41:26 PM »
How about this, a 60 minute clock starts if no activity comes off the "hidden" cv.  Then it respawns to the owning country.  Just a thought.

Nope.  You must capture any airfield to get it back.  A CV is no different.

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: February 28, 2011, 04:43:54 PM »
If you switched sides just to announced a CV's position, you should be .reported (taking away chat privs for a week) and shunned by the community.

It is really is a low life thing to do.

If a country wishes to hide a CV, it's their choice.

HiTech

:aok
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2011, 04:45:59 PM »
You are trying to argue thieves will always be with us, therefore we should just let them steal all they want.

Point is if DMGOD comes here and would say directly instead of insinuating he changed sides and told his old country where the CV was, I would mute him myself.

If anyone who received information of where the CV was would report it, again a mute would occur of the person abusing the sytem.

Just because some can fall threw the cracks does not mean it should be tolerated .

HiTech

I have to disagree here. And I dont think this is fair to some of the players.

Majority of us dont make AH our full time jobs. Just because some desktop commando decides to hide tools of the game that some like to use means that the others have to suffer?

Chances are when they pulled that cv so far off the map, it means they did so when no one cared and now that they want to fight for it back we cant go within the parameters of the game to access it?
Think about it....
So you get the grid of the CV from a spy..big deal
A) Now you have the option of flying for hours in bombers and by that time, the CV potentialy moved another sector off the map
B) You can spot that formation's dar wayyyy before the even arrive, being able to intercept them if you really really care to save your cv.
C) CV gets turned like a corkscrew thus wasting all that time.

If someone wants to go through all that hassle with all those disadvantages, then why condone such behavior?
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #147 on: February 28, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »
You are trying to argue thieves will always be with us, therefore we should just let them steal all they want.

Point is if DMGOD comes here and would say directly instead of insinuating he changed sides and told his old country where the CV was, I would mute him myself.

If anyone who received information of where the CV was would report it, again a mute would occur of the person abusing the sytem.

Just because some can fall threw the cracks does not mean it should be tolerated .

HiTech

And I would argue that desperate players in desperate times come up with desperate measures.  In this case, a map so large in LWO whith such vast stretches of nothingness between a vast majority of the opposing bases and fronts (already spread far and very thin thanks to ports that are just V-hangers) that the factor of weather or not one or multiple CVs are intentionaly or unintentionaly moved such vast distances out of play that the whole momentum and "fun factor" of the war and battle comes to an agonizing drawn-out standstill.

I'm on the fence with this one, simpley because I can't unbiasedly decide between a country's right to do with their own CVs that they wish and a single players ability to pork the momentum and gameplay of an entire map and all participating players.  If I am to understand correctly that DMGod did this on the current LWO map recently, then I'm more in favor of giving him a cookie just because the map has become so slow that I'm sure whoever's CVs he sunk and reset led to more action and gameplay in the arena for all than had he done nothing at all.  Banning or muting him, in this light, would do nothing but make him a martyr to those of us who either feel the map desperatley needed some stimulation or who believe individual players often ruin the potential for enjoyment for many.  But I think this community would agree though, he's not a martyr, and what he did jsut proves he's a snot-nosed "look at me" dweeb.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:56:57 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #148 on: February 28, 2011, 04:54:51 PM »
The side wanting to hide their CV ought not hide it on the far side of the Earth, maybe just a couple of sectors away.  This would allow the country the ability to employee it somewhat speedily yet keeping it out of immediate harms way. By keeping it hid so far out of "game play" encourages the type of response noted above, (that is switching to find and sink it) IMHO.

Nutz
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:17:00 PM by Nutzoid »
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #149 on: February 28, 2011, 05:00:26 PM »
Please stop putting words in my mouth.

I said if a COUNTRY wishes to hide a CV not 1 individual.

Also if anyone here really can not see that it is unacceptable to look at someones cards while playing a game, then they should be sent back to kindergarten.

HiTech