Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17578 times)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2011, 05:02:13 PM »
i would like to know if you guys ever have heard people complain about team switchers. last night DMgod decieded to switch to bish so that the rest of hiz squad could destroy the 2 cv's that we were holding. if you guys are gonna do anything about this issue he would make a fine example......  it is not right that someone could just switch sides and let the rest of the country that he switched from know everything we are doing. i underdstand that it happens but to do it in the mannor that he did was just down right low. so dmgod maybe you could show some class and stay where ya belong, stop crying bout us holding cv's and play the game the right way.......

Please stop putting words in my mouth.

I said if a COUNTRY wishes to hide a CV not 1 individual.

Also if anyone here really can not see that it is unacceptable to look at someones cards while playing a game, then they should be sent back to kindergarten.

HiTech

Lame either way you look at it. Period.  Let me be clear, Hiding them is lame, not the act of tyring to bring them back into the game, and certainly not justified to hide them no matter who owns the port.

Should be more of DMgod type of players that are willing to do just that, bring it back into the fight, I would do it too and have.  

Seems to be more and more reward for the horde.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:49:41 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2011, 05:08:54 PM »
It makes perfect sense from a strategic standpoint to move the CV into safe waters if you do not own the port.  Keeping it "in play" will just get it sunk and your country loses the CV to the enemy.  Let me restate, it makes absolutely zero sense from a strategic standpoint to keep the CV in play.  

This entire thread is just a furballers vs win the war's never resolving argument in disguise.  Furballers think the war is stupid and have no respect for the win the war guys right to play their way, within the parameters of the game, so they break the rules to get even.  

You have to take the good with the bad, furballers.  The war creates lots of fun in the MA.  Do you like engaging bomber formations, missions, and defending bases against attackers trying to capture the base?  If so, then you do enjoy the war aspect of the game.  To cry about certain negatives of it that aren't to your likings yet eating the rest up with a spoon is hypocritical, and you should just go over to furball lake and fly in the endless furball.  No bombers, no base capture, no strategy, nothing but fighting endlessly to your heart's content.  If that sounds boring, then you are really just fooling yourself of what the MA is really about.

Just a thought, so please don't clobber me guys :).
Take the WWI arena, substitute WWII aircraft and viola, furballers heaven! Just think about it, no CV's to sink, no towns to bomb,(hell, no buffs) no bases to capture, no gv's and no war to win. Just furball till ya drop!

Nutz
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2011, 05:09:36 PM »
Please stop putting words in my mouth.

I said if a COUNTRY wishes to hide a CV not 1 individual.

Also if anyone here really can not see that it is unacceptable to look at someones cards while playing a game, then they should be sent back to kindergarten.

HiTech

wasnt a country was a couple of players. Just sayin.
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline outbreak

• Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2011, 05:14:44 PM »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2011, 05:21:19 PM »
There is a point. The point is to protect the CV until you own the port. Once you own the port it's insurance if the CV gets destroyed. I'd rather see the CV be used (but more carefully), but it's not that hard to comprehend the logic behind keeping your cards close to your chest until you have the high ground.
You and I don't agree here at all. A Carrier in the game IMO should be used as an offensive weapon to hit where airbased planes have a harder time getting to. Don't want to lose the port? pork ords....taking it out of play is pointless.

Snail has the right idea....45 minute timer maybe after a port gets taken that CV automatically goes to the person who owns the port.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline jeffn

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2011, 05:26:58 PM »
wasnt a country was a couple of players. Just sayin.

Would not the players of that country sort that type cheeeeeesy game play out soon enough, or just not soon enough for you?

Word of the moment "integrity"
-JeffN-
Jagdgeschwader 11

JG11

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2011, 05:30:54 PM »
You and I don't agree here at all. A Carrier in the game IMO should be used as an offensive weapon to hit where airbased planes have a harder time getting to. Don't want to lose the port? pork ords....taking it out of play is pointless.

Snail has the right idea....45 minute timer maybe after a port gets taken that CV automatically goes to the person who owns the port.

Who says you have to use THAT particular CV to take the base back?  Why on earth wouldn't you pull the one that could potentially become an enemy weapon and put forth one that will respawn for your country.  Seems counter-intuitive and sounds like a lot of people wanting other people to play the way they want them to play.

Would not the players of that country sort that type cheeeeeesy game play out soon enough, or just not soon enough for you?

Word of the moment "integrity"

This.  If the enemy country isn't worried about it's own tactics, you shouldn't be worried for them.

This is seriously the only game I've played where the community complains about tactics the enemy employs.  Every other game I've played, people talk to figure out ways to combat it effectively without becoming a cheating pansy.

This is pathetic.  Let people do what they will.  The "few people" hiding the CV's are hardly ever the highest ranked players.  If a higher rank player on the same team has an issue with this, do it yourself.  There is no reason to cheat and cry about this.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:38:25 PM by SectorNine50 »
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2011, 05:34:02 PM »

iirc a CV counts as a capturable field in the Country Status section of the clipboard. Meaning if a CV changes countries the country that lost it loses a percentage in number of own fields they own, and the country that takes it gains a percentage in number of enemy fields owned. Players who have war-winning on the agenda don't like to mindlessly drive fields into enemy territory.

And I did say (and you quoted me on this) that I would rather see the CV be in more of a standby mode or used offensively -- but more carefully -- in the time its home port is owned by the enemy. I don't agree with the guys who would drive it off the map, but I try not to get into pissing contests with fellow countrymen about different ways to achieve the same goal.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #158 on: February 28, 2011, 05:37:27 PM »

And I did say (and you quoted me on this) that I would rather see the CV be in more of a standby mode or used offensively -- but more carefully -- in the time its home port is owned by the enemy. I don't agree with the guys who would drive it off the map, but I try not to get into pissing contests with fellow countrymen about different ways to achieve the same goal.

funny how it was and has been ur squad that hides the cv's
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: February 28, 2011, 05:37:40 PM »
Just read all 11 pages.

Whew.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: February 28, 2011, 05:42:47 PM »
i would like to know if you guys ever have heard people complain about team switchers. last night DMgod decieded to switch to bish so that the rest of hiz squad could destroy the 2 cv's that we were holding. if you guys are gonna do anything about this issue he would make a fine example......  it is not right that someone could just switch sides and let the rest of the country that he switched from know everything we are doing. i underdstand that it happens but to do it in the mannor that he did was just down right low. so dmgod maybe you could show some class and stay where ya belong, stop crying bout us holding cv's and play the game the right way.......

WW2 wasnt without spies were they?? The cv respawns in 15 minutes....just logg off and cool down and log back in in 15 minutes.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline redwing7

• Copper Member
« Reply #161 on: February 28, 2011, 05:55:07 PM »
Just a thought, so please don't clobber me guys :).
Take the WWI arena, substitute WWII aircraft and viola, furballers heaven! Just think about it, no CV's to sink, no towns to bomb,(hell, no buffs) no bases to capture, no gv's and no war to win. Just furball till ya drop!

Nutz

Like the DA....... :bolt:
THUNDER MOB

"and when they bury me, may it be face down...so all my critics can kiss my ass!"  Bobby Knight

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #162 on: February 28, 2011, 05:57:23 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 10:05:26 AM by Skuzzy »

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2011, 05:59:50 PM »
Given that in this very thread you have admitted and bragged about cheating (and as far as I've heard this is far from the first time) it would be too easy to descend to your level and copy your post, change the last few words, and throw it right back at you. I'd say I'm disappointed but that would be a compliment.
I should feel ashamed for even thinking about arguing with a man who's idiocy is only outmatched by his ego.

You might as well not argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

lol

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2011, 06:02:38 PM »
Lame either way you look at it. Period.  Let me be clear, Hiding them is lame, not the act of tyring to bring them back into the game, and certainly not justified to hide them no matter who owns the port.

Should be more of DMgod type of players that are willing to do just that, bring it back into the fight, I would do it too and have.  

Seems to be more and more reward for the horde.

:rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC