Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17607 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2011, 08:35:18 PM »
Not the first time we've had to take a boat away from you.

Why are we taking a boat away from him?  Or did I miss something? 
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2011, 08:37:33 PM »
Why are we taking a boat away from him?  Or did I miss something? 

Possibly he was sailing it into combat...?

- oldman

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2011, 08:38:36 PM »
Possibly he was sailing it into combat...?

- oldman

That's kind of what I was thinking...  jeez
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2011, 08:45:30 PM »
Or did I miss something? 

This whole thread has been about someone who can't behave themselves.  So I'm guessing you missed something. 

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2011, 08:51:26 PM »
If you feel the need to switch sides to sink a CV, just do it quietly by yourself.  Announcing your intentions and where it's located is what will get you muted and/or in other trouble.  I personally could give two craps what people do with them, I'm just offering my opinions.  And this purse-fighting is one of the major reasons I stay away from the LW arenas.  If they were the only place in the game to go, I'd have given up my subscription long ago (if I would have even bothered to play past my free 2 weeks).
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2011, 09:03:23 PM »
HTC is always so willing to come up with arcane rules to make sure people play the "right" way, how about this one - no communicating on 200 for an hour after a country switch? Won't stop people from relaying the info, but will stop them from pissin people off by doing it on 200.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »
Why are we taking a boat away from him?  Or did I miss something?  

Silly, it's because the "Jokers" have more rights to decide what to use the equipment for in the game than does DMGOD. We all know what he'd do with it! Something stupid like bring it with-in range of a 5 minute flight to an enemy base to start something stupid like a furball of something. jeeeezzzz  Banshee pay attention!   :P

Next thing you know we'll be asking the "little generals" what plane we can fly and how high. Wouldn't want to upset their plans for world domination!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:14:31 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2011, 09:27:41 PM »
Silly, it's because the "Jokers" have more rights to decide what to use the equipment for in the game than does DMGOD.

Now you're just being ridiculous.  On this occasion the Jokers had nothing to do with it.

We all know what he'd do with it! Something stupid like bring it with-in range of a 5 minute flight to an enemy base to start something stupid like a furball of something.

Is reading comprehension a problem for you?  He clearly stated that he switched sides to spy it out for his squaddies to bomb it.

That you don't like the rules of the sandbox is not my problem.  I choose to play by them.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2011, 10:14:07 PM »
Which is the point of what players like DMG, myself and others realize.   This IS NOT a "country/chess piece" issue.   This is a minority of players (on all three countries) dictating how the majority of the country will "deal with it". 

Dale, this is the crux of the issue.    IDGAF about the "Angels Rejects" trying to skirt the issue bringing in "squad issues" to deflect proper points.

Not even close to the crux.

IF what you state was the case DMGOD would have been telling the other side where his CV's are.
My involvement in this thread has nothing to do about how to control CV's. That would be an internal country argument. This is all about the unhidden completely unacceptable behavior of changing side, and then being completely disloyal to your new country  and trying to go around the game rules by telling your original side where the CV is.

As I said hiding a  cv is a perfectly legit tactic. Changing sides to find a CV is not. You may wish to discus the methods of how it is decided when or when not to hide a CV and what methods determine how this is done. But again it has nothing to do with the abuse of the system that DMGOD has done.

HiTech

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »
The mighty Oz has spoken!
Oh dear, Machfly you got any more popcorn?  :rofl
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2011, 10:43:21 PM »
This is the worst spy simulator ever! Threads like this ruin the game for the spying community!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »
Not even close to the crux.

IF what you state was the case DMGOD would have been telling the other side where his CV's are.
My involvement in this thread has nothing to do about how to control CV's. That would be an internal country argument. This is all about the unhidden completely unacceptable behavior of changing side, and then being completely disloyal to your new country  and trying to go around the game rules by telling your original side where the CV is.

As I said hiding a  cv is a perfectly legit tactic. Changing sides to find a CV is not. You may wish to discus the methods of how it is decided when or when not to hide a CV and what methods determine how this is done. But again it has nothing to do with the abuse of the system that DMGOD has done.

HiTech

I was not on when this went down Dale.   What I'm saying is that every single time this has been discussed on Green Country Channel in game.   The "minority" tells the majority "too bad".     I guess this is as simple as I can put it.    I'm not loyal to any country, just to my Squad and the friends I've made over the years.   But I've never done what DMG did.

But your post clears up some gray areas.    :cheers:
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:49:48 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2011, 10:57:42 PM »
As I said hiding a  cv is a perfectly legit tactic. Changing sides to find a CV is noT.

Yes it is.  

Just like saying hidding a CV is for tactical reasons, so is spying.  Happens in real life warefare, happens in AHII - sorry.  The spy reveals where the asset it to get the advantage on opposing countries so it is just as legit as hiding an asset.

If you want to make this a moralistic and ethical issue, then you can ban PMing others in other countries; prevent side switchers for anything less than 7 days instead of 5 hours (sorry muppets).  So, the only way one can rat out their cv is on channel 200 where all can see; then you can mute the rat himself.

If you don't like that then you can build a mechanism that prevents CV's floating past 2 sectors in friendly territory and pointed in the direction of the theater of action.  This will prevent people like DMGOD abhorent behavior as you are implicating him for.

Please understand that what DMGOD did was the symptom, not the root cause.

* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2011, 11:00:49 PM »
Yes it is.  

Just like saying hidding a CV is for tactical reasons, so is spying.  Happens in real life warefare, happens in AHII - sorry.  The spy reveals where the asset it to get the advantage on opposing countries so it is just as legit as hiding an asset.

If you want to make this a moralistic and ethical issue, then you can ban PMing others in other countries; prevent side switchers for anything less than 7 days instead of 5 hours (sorry muppets).  So, the only way one can rat out their cv is on channel 200 where all can see; then you can mute the rat himself.

If you don't like that then you can build a mechanism that prevents CV's floating past 2 sectors in friendly territory and pointed in the direction of the theater of action.  This will prevent people like DMGOD abhorent behavior as you are implicating him for.

Please understand that what DMGOD did was the symptom, not the root cause.

I agree with 90% of your post and it is scary Raider.  :rofl       BUT VonMessa brought up the "alternate methods of communication", either by Phone or even Vent/TS3.   By hook or by crook (onl;y phrase that really worked, sorry), they'll find a way to do it.    
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2011, 11:23:50 PM »
I agree with 90% of your post and it is scary Raider.  :rofl          

ah, that's nothing...JUGgler shot himself the other day after painfully agreeing with me on another thread.  :D
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles