Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17647 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #270 on: March 01, 2011, 03:19:02 PM »
Thank you for proving my point.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #271 on: March 01, 2011, 03:20:56 PM »
If just 1 person, who is the highest ranked at the time, decides that the CV will be hidden and taken out of action ... then it's screw the rest of the COUNTRY or a group of individuals that would like to use the hidden CV.

And if just 1 person, who is the highest ranked at the time, decides that the CV should be thrown away in a reckless and foolish attack without any preparation, then it's screw the rest of the COUNTRY or a group of individuals that would like to keep the CV safe.

Control of CVs is non-democratic regardless of how they are or are not used. Hiding CVs is no more non-democratic than anything else you can do with them.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #272 on: March 01, 2011, 03:21:36 PM »
Thank you for proving my point.

Your point being that you are babbling nonsense? You're welcome.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #273 on: March 01, 2011, 03:40:41 PM »
And if just 1 person, who is the highest ranked at the time, decides that the CV should be thrown away in a reckless and foolish attack without any preparation, then it's screw the rest of the COUNTRY or a group of individuals that would like to keep the CV safe.

Control of CVs is non-democratic regardless of how they are or are not used. Hiding CVs is no more non-democratic than anything else you can do with them.

wow you guys are something else
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #274 on: March 01, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »
This all sounds really familiar.

Same squad too, I believe.

I tried to move a Task force 2 or 3 sectors towards usefullness, which would have still left it aprox 3 sectors away from the action.

Its course was immediatly changed back to where it was.

I changed it again about 5 minutes later.

I was then called some very unsavory (yet vaguely familiar) names by several of members of a certain squad.

Of course I immediatly changed the course again to much ballyhoo.

More name calling and course changing.

Now all this while at least 2 guys had flown some 25s or 26s to find and kill this thing to no avail.( they knew its general location)

One way trip, no way they had the fuel to make it home as the CV was buried in the corner of the map.

So I turned into the petulant little baby that I am and called out the location on 200.

More name calling etc.

I logged off. :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 04:00:18 PM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #275 on: March 01, 2011, 03:45:31 PM »
Again Dale.  VLoki's replies are EXACTLY what goes on in-game. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #276 on: March 01, 2011, 03:48:21 PM »

OK so what your saying here is that if I game the game and keep my score in the top 50, for the most part I could log on and suicide each CV my country owned and this would be "fair" play. right?

This is more along the lines of NOT stopping other peoples fun. If I want to use the CV I should be able to, no matter what my rank. In the time I could get a CV sunk, the Rook horde will have rolled a number of other bases any way.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #277 on: March 01, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »

Putting a CV into action that may cause it to be sunk is not anywhere near as lame as hiding, collecting, and protecting CVs in some obscure corner of a map like some selfish child not willing to share their candy.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #278 on: March 01, 2011, 04:11:28 PM »
Putting a CV into action that may cause it to be sunk is not anywhere near as lame as hiding, collecting, and protecting CVs in some obscure corner of a map like some selfish child not willing to share their candy.

X10000
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #279 on: March 01, 2011, 04:41:55 PM »
No AKAK I'm talking about MY cv. The generals park it in the back country "hiding" it from the other basically saying "nobody can play with this".

So normally I give up the location so that at least SOMEBODY can play with it even if it IS the other team.

I just want make sure that this or is not against the rules. Also I would ask what gives the little general more rights than me where he can do what HE wants, but I can't. And by "I can't" I mean use the CV to attack. 

I'm not condoning hiding the CV and keeping it out of play but I do think those that give out the location are no better than those that are hiding it.  No matter how you try and deny it, in your scenario you are giving away the location because whoever is controlling the CV isn't playing how you want them to play and frankly, it's also a chicken watermelon thing to do.  No matter how much we may hate the practice, hiding the CV is a tactic but giving out the location on open channel because you don't agree with it isn't a tactic, its chicken chit.

People demand fair play but only when it benefits themselves.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #280 on: March 01, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »
I'm not condoning hiding the CV and keeping it out of play but I do think those that give out the location are no better than those that are hiding it.  No matter how you try and deny it, in your scenario you are giving away the location because whoever is controlling the CV isn't playing how you want them to play and frankly, it's also a chicken watermelon thing to do.  No matter how much we may hate the practice, hiding the CV is a tactic but giving out the location on open channel because you don't agree with it isn't a tactic, its chicken chit.

ack-ack
Jimminy friken crickets!!! I agree with you on this subject.
I cannot wait to comeback n take command of cvs n play boats too  :aok

<S> greens
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2011, 04:56:50 PM »

ack-ack
Jimminy friken crickets!!! I agree with you on this subject.
I cannot wait to comeback n take command of cvs n play boats too  :aok

<S> greens

Same feeling here, greens. I agree with ack ack.  :O

End of the world ... dogs and cats ... living together ...
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #282 on: March 01, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »
OK so what your saying here is that if I game the game and keep my score in the top 50, for the most part I could log on and suicide each CV my country owned and this would be "fair" play. right?

It would not be cheating. It would be lame and people would probably complain - just like they complain about people hiding CVs.

Lame gameplay is not cheating. Lame gameplay is not an excuse to cheat. This is all I've been trying to get across.

If I want to use the CV I should be able to, no matter what my rank.

So you think the whole system of higher-ranking players being able to take and keep control of CVs is bad? Fine, I'm not wedded to it. But that's a separate issue, and however you feel about it, it doesn't justify cheating.

(I would prefer to keep something like the current system, though, not because I want to be able to move CVs 6 sectors back but because it's good to be able to prevent clueless 2-weekers from doing dumb things with them like running right into a nest of PTs or turning way too early to avoid buffs. It's also useful to be able to take it temporarily to keep someone from turning it right as a mission is launching - it's a lot harder to launch from a turning CV when there are 6-8 other planes overlapping yours and you can't see to steer.)

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #283 on: March 01, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »
Not fighting is a tactic, what happens when we all stop doing that?..........   :rolleyes:

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #284 on: March 01, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »

ack-ack
Ack. I understand what you and HT is saying.
In this case from what I gathered, DMgod took some squaddies and sank the CV. True he switched to relate the location which is lame, but IMO..If you go through that much time and effort just to sink a damn pixlelated boat..then who cares? We all know DMgod is not the patron saint of AH, but at least he was honest about what he was doing. Ive seen this many many hundreds of times done by players and we just deal with it...Let em have it if its worth that much to them.

I dont like where this is going one bit. Seems babies screaming what they want these days and cant deal with it. Guys that have been playing this years and years have learned the hard way to deal with things we dont like
-Vulchers..up from a different feild
-NOE missions..Let em have it..always going to have a base to fly from
-Gangings/ENY..Switch countries

AND...If you hide a CV sectors away, guys are going to give cordinates away to come sink it..thats what we have to deal with and honestly that challenge is fun within itself. Come sink the boat, If I care that much about it, Ill mount a defense to stop you. Plenty of time to see someone coming when the CV is at the god awful part of the map. Nothing wrong with it what so ever IMO. Why get crucified for this while there is so much other lamness going on a day to day basis?
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz