Author Topic: dear aces high  (Read 17582 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: dear aces high
« Reply #285 on: March 01, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »
Ack. I understand what you and HT is saying.
In this case from what I gathered, DMgod took some squaddies and sank the CV. True he switched to relate the location which is lame, but IMO..If you go through that much time and effort just to sink a damn pixlelated boat..then who cares? We all know DMgod is not the patron saint of AH, but at least he was honest about what he was doing. Ive seen this many many hundreds of times done by players and we just deal with it...Let em have it if its worth that much to them.

So because one tool was honest about it, then it's okay to do it?  I call bullchit on that one.  It doesn't matter how contrite the person is afterwards, the actions taken were no better than the actions the person was trying to counter.  He was mad because one group wasn't playing his way and he was going to punish them for doing it. 

I dont like where this is going one bit. Seems babies screaming what they want these days and cant deal with it.

And we see what happens when someone can't deal with it, they switch sides and report the CV location.

AND...If you hide a CV sectors away, guys are going to give cordinates away to come sink it..thats what we have to deal with and honestly that challenge is fun within itself. Come sink the boat, If I care that much about it, Ill mount a defense to stop you. Plenty of time to see someone coming when the CV is at the god awful part of the map. Nothing wrong with it what so ever IMO. Why get crucified for this while there is so much other lamness going on a day to day basis?

No matter how you try and spin it, you cannot justify lame, chicken watermelon game play.  DMGOD brought whatever criticism he got on himself when he decided to switch countries and report the CV location because he didn't like how the other country was using their CV.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #286 on: March 01, 2011, 09:15:06 PM »
Ah.  OK, I'm out of this one.

- oldman

Yeah, you had better be praying for good winds, tomorrow.   :lol
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #287 on: March 01, 2011, 09:24:12 PM »
Ack. I understand what you and HT is saying.
In this case from what I gathered, DMgod took some squaddies and sank the CV. True he switched to relate the location which is lame, but IMO..If you go through that much time and effort just to sink a damn pixlelated boat..then who cares? We all know DMgod is not the patron saint of AH, but at least he was honest about what he was doing. Ive seen this many many hundreds of times done by players and we just deal with it...Let em have it if its worth that much to them.

I dont like where this is going one bit. Seems babies screaming what they want these days and cant deal with it. Guys that have been playing this years and years have learned the hard way to deal with things we dont like
-Vulchers..up from a different feild
-NOE missions..Let em have it..always going to have a base to fly from
-Gangings/ENY..Switch countries

AND...If you hide a CV sectors away, guys are going to give cordinates away to come sink it..thats what we have to deal with and honestly that challenge is fun within itself. Come sink the boat, If I care that much about it, Ill mount a defense to stop you. Plenty of time to see someone coming when the CV is at the god awful part of the map. Nothing wrong with it what so ever IMO. Why get crucified for this while there is so much other lamness going on a day to day basis?

And so now we add hiding CVs is ok, let them do it, there are other bases/CVs.

Next we won't be upping from a certain sector because the horde is running NOEs from there and we might give them away. OK add that one to the list, we'll up someplace else, there are other bases after all.

Whens it all going to stop? One group of players dictating how the rest of us play. I thought it was my $15 and I could play how I want within HTC rules (what few there are).

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #288 on: March 01, 2011, 09:30:48 PM »
I guess some of us have been a little insensitive of how much time, effort and planning goes into milkrunning maps at odd hours to get a high rank so they can come to the BBS and espouse how they deserve control of carrier fleets...

deserve...

as if they earned it...   :noid

I think I need to find a way to earn this right, myself...

On second thought, I think I'd prefer to remain gainfully employed and have a life...

Carry on..
 :salute

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #289 on: March 01, 2011, 09:33:22 PM »
SNIPER30
Zinc Member

Reg: Nov 2007

Re: Is this what Hitech wants?
« Reply #218 on: Today at 02:08:31 PM » Quote Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zinc Member

Reg: Nov 2007

Re: the "WARBEAST Kill Club"
« Reply #99 on: Today at 02:01:37 PM » Quote Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW now I've seen it all!

Now if I'm not mistaken, Warbeast you are always in a 5in gun or other manned gun on the bases am i right? (thought so)

Warbeast,when your in the 5in on the ships don't you routinely call out the location of the CV"S YOUR ON on channel 200 for everyone to see.(thought so)

So now i ask Hitech,what is the difference between this behavior and the one that you muted DMGOD for?(both are doing the same thing)

Sound like a double standard to me!

Thank You

This...

merits more discussion    :aok

(and begs at least a token response from HTC staff)

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #290 on: March 01, 2011, 09:34:44 PM »
I guess some of us have been a little insensitive of how much time, effort and planning goes into milkrunning maps at odd hours to get a high rank so they can come to the BBS and espouse how they deserve control of carrier fleets...

deserve...

Please point me to where anyone has said this, I must have missed it.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #291 on: March 01, 2011, 09:42:21 PM »
Wow, that was easy.

Almost takes the fun out of it...

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #292 on: March 01, 2011, 09:42:35 PM »
Please point me to where anyone has said this, I must have missed it.

How could you have missed it??

You just quoted it???
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #293 on: March 01, 2011, 09:44:41 PM »

You just quoted it???

:aok
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #294 on: March 01, 2011, 09:47:17 PM »

You just quoted it???

He even said "espouse"!!!!
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #295 on: March 01, 2011, 09:47:31 PM »
Oh, and for the record, I don't even think what DMGOD did was particularly egregious (he's done worse, in the form of taking control of the CV so no one could turn it while his squadmates bombed it).

What irks me so much is less the specific behavior than the attitude some people are taking here that if they don't like how someone else is playing or don't like how the rules of the game work, they are entitled to cheat, play dishonorably, or otherwise go around the rules in response. It's one thing to say "I don't like how CV command works" or "I think HTC should change the rules on CV command so that..." and another thing entirely to say "I don't like how CV command works, so I'll sabotage the team I'm on if they don't do what I say with the CV". That's acting like a spoiled 5-year-old.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #296 on: March 01, 2011, 09:49:27 PM »
And so now we add hiding CVs is ok, let them do it, there are other bases/CVs.

wow, don't we take things to the extreme.  Most have said that hiding CVs is lame game play, just as reporting the location of the CV is lame game play.  Unless that is, you condemn lame game play when it effects you but condone it when it benefits you.  You're not one of those guys are ya Fugitive?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #297 on: March 01, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »
That's acting like a spoiled 5-year-old.

.......and hiding them isn't?    Do you seriously believe your own home brewed caca del toro?   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #298 on: March 01, 2011, 09:55:22 PM »

You just quoted it???

Von Messa was obviously being sarcastic. I mean point me to where anyone in this thread has said "I deserve to control CVs because my rank is higher than yours".

Perhaps you and Von M are misunderstanding the difference between that and "The game allows people with higher ranks to control CVs, and if you don't like that, you're entitled to complain or ask HTC to change it, but that's what the rule is and disliking it doesn't entitle you to cheat." World of difference there. Amazing as it is, a lot of people here seem to be having trouble seeing this distinction.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #299 on: March 01, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »
.......and hiding them isn't?    

Please write on the blackboard 1000 times:

Game play I see as lame is not the same as cheating.

etc.