Author Topic: my dog  (Read 522 times)

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
Re: my dog
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2011, 06:30:03 AM »
Wow, nice pic!  Also, is your lab part Rottie?  She has the same nose/ear line as one of my rotts.

no Rottie, pur lab. But many people think she is a rottie and try to avoid her.  :)
‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline SirFrancis

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2011, 06:39:37 AM »
The picture foreshortened her muzzle and the snow on her chest and under her chin makes her look "jowly".

I bet she looks more "normal" in profile.

wrongway

yep

‘CO2…makes the planet greener’

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2011, 02:03:57 PM »
Labs are great dogs.... if I remember I will take a pic of my black lab Zeke and post it when I get home. Zeke is 9 years old and 118 lbs. Retired hunting dog.
Been in the low 80s high 70s here.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 04:47:44 PM »
Our guy once saw me playing catch with my son, and decided to get in on the act. He caught a long fly ball - a 40 yard throw - and, well, immediately decided he wished he hadn't. Lucky he didn't lose a tooth, or break his jaw.

After that, he hung his head and trotted over to the lounge chair my wife was stretched out on.

And yeah, he was the absolute best dog I've even seen.

Yea, afterward he didnt even try with the bowling ball again.
We did however go through quite a few basketballs till my son came to the conclusion that leaving a basketball in the back yard wasnt the best idea.

Funny story..
Prior to use having the golden we had beagles. Sooo we were used to having smaller dogs.
As our retriever was nearing full size. My wife decides she is going to take him for a leashed walk around the block.
Remember now I said "Leashed" walk. Its important you remember that.

Since he wasnt quite trained yet. She had the leash over her wrist and through her hand so he couldnt jerk the leash out of her hand before she could react. Now remember. Prior dogs, beagles. Much smaller dog, Leashed walk, Leash around her wrist and through her hand.
These are important points to remember for what happened next.

So, shes walking along and the retriever decides to pick up and carry a small branch that way laying on the ground. As they are known to do.
Whats my wife do now. "Give me that" She takes it from him, "you dont need to be carrying this all the way around the block" And with that. she takes the branch and tosses it back and over her shoulder behind her.

Well the retriever did what retrievers love to do...With vigor!

Wife ended up on her arse and feeling like she almost had her arm torn out of the socket.

I swear. it was like something out of a loony tunes cartoon. "You dont need this"  "whoosh", "DOINNNG!", "Ahhhhh!"
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty