Author Topic: B29 formation that ran into a schwarm of FW-190 Doras. Oh no, what a disaster!  (Read 527 times)

Offline SouthLanda

• Zinc Member
Was flying with OddCAF and a few of his buddies, in a 4 aircraft formation of Doras.
On climb out, someone noticed an aircraft formation crossing at out 4-5 oclock position at around the same altitude, probably 12-15,000 feet.

We couldnt believe our eyes when we saw that it was 3 B-29 bombers attempting to bomb our field, coming from a direction behind our front line.

I consider this film is unique in 10+ years of my membership of aces high. I think those bombers cost the bomber pilot perhaps a hundred  hours of game time and he just stumbled into a whole SCHWARM of german fighters?

At one point, there were all four of us firing within 300 yards, I dont think he ever had a chance.

If anyone is really good at making films or screenshots, I suggest you have a look at this one for source material.

We were really disappointed for the guy and I really did feel sorry for him.

(note to HTC, for some reason my engine sound isnt playing back in the film viewer)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/295e2uc8xjly1ex/b29%20ran%20into%20a%20swarm.zip
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 06:27:54 PM by SouthLanda »
Game ID: SthLanda

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: B29 formation that ran into a schwarm of FW-190 Doras
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:41:54 PM »
My MA squaddies for the most part hate Fw190s....

ONE time.. just ONE TIME I got about 10-12 of them up in a squad sweep in FW190A8s....

We run into a giant bomber mission and all come out with kills.

It was awesome!

So stranger things have happened :)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Re: B29 for
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:16:49 PM »
Niice! I should have stayed online  :lol
Here's a quick shot I pulled and edited for you.

Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok