Author Topic: AH Training Day  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
AH Training Day
« on: March 06, 2011, 07:18:03 PM »
Got any questions about any facet of the Aces High?

Bring your questions and visit the trainers in the Training Arena on Thursday, March 17 from 6pm-10pm EDT.

The sky is the limit for questions. Topics can range from game and controller setup, gunnery, bombers, gvs, specific aircraft questions or match ups through advanced air combat. All the trainers will be on hand during most of this event, so there is a good chance you'll get an answer and even a chance to try it out.

Trainers will be available for one-on-one training and some discussions may spawn mini-clinics if several people are interested in a topic.

There is a wealth of knowledge and experience (virtual and real) among the Trainer Corps. I invite you to stop by and meet/talk with them on the 17th.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH Training Day
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:17:09 PM »
very cool...you trainers deserve a big  :salute ...i hope it's a good turnout...  :aok
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 08:33:11 PM »
How do I make fly?

seriously though, I wish you guys would do this stuff when I can attend.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
Like I said in the other thread, you should ask HTC if they will set up a pop-up/message of the day to let EVERYONE know about this great opportunity.

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 08:43:34 PM »
I'll make a couple of announcements in the MA the days before the event, Fugitive. That, and these announcements on the BBS, will probably get us all the folks we can handle. <S>

@phatzo: there aren't really enough folks on during that time to have an event like this and the rest of the trainers couldn't make it. I see you in the arenas, since I'm only a few hours different than you. Just give me shout in the arena or PM me and I'll be happy to work with you. Silat is also on many times that you are. Cheers <S>

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 08:52:46 PM »
Thanks mate, I'll have to start thinking of some questions for you.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 08:54:02 PM »
great idea guys.  <S>
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 09:03:25 PM »
How do I make fly?

I hear you there Phatzo...there's only so many bad habits I can teach before my guys need some real training....

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 09:41:36 PM »
I hear you there Phatzo...there's only so many bad habits I can teach before my guys need some real training....
I remember my one and only piece of training, "just look around and fly". I'm still working on it.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 11:12:18 PM »
i'll try to be there - its my sisters B-day lol
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 11:16:34 PM »
pppppssssssstttttttttt they will also set a day up on the books to meet with you on the best day for you if you work with them. om them on the forums and they will set something up with 1 on 1 training.

wanna learn how to shoot a WW or Osti come park next to me i am always telling people to lead more till they get the right spot.
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 03:33:06 AM »
 :salute Rolex

Two topics to consider:

How to avoid the Head On, and use the maneuver to gain advantage.

How to set up merges to gain advantage.

I have been playing for a number of years and still amazes me how sometimes enemies are able to come around 180 and catch me running straight out.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 05:25:11 AM »

I'm throwing in again an old idea I proposed for clinics, that are usually held at unfriendly times for people outside US: what about having the trainers film the whole event in .ahf? After the clinic/event the films could be posted in the Trainers site, available to download for people who couldn't attend.

Granted, they won't answer all the questions people could have, they won't be a substitute for training with an actual pilot, but films can help a lot, and after watching them, people who have still doubt can hook up with a trainer and work on the moves, already having in mind (hopefully) the theoretical foundations of the particular area of playing this game that they're trying to master. This should help the trainee and the trainer to achieve the final result faster and more easily.

Even better, the trainers corp could think about creating a video encyclopedia for new and old pilots to consult on their website (better if in a format other than .ahf, to ensure compatibility with the changing versions of the game).

I think that a library of the clinics would help a lot to answer the most common questions that players have about how to do something and it would be invaluable for people living in a time zone where these events are held in the middle of the night.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 07:14:32 AM »
I've been thinking recently about how we're going to make training materials more visual, relying less on written material. So, I agree with much of what you're saying, Gianlupo. Thanks for your input.

You too, Chilli.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »
Post forwarded to Pig's website.  Thank you for the opportunity Trainers! :aok

:salute

Way
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!