Author Topic: GOT TANKS?!!  (Read 418 times)

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
GOT TANKS?!!
« on: February 22, 2000, 11:11:00 AM »
With Pyro's comments about the Mark IV being modeled by Natedog, I'd like to see the community to start discussing a possible squad for tanks.  I for one would be very much interested in participating in such a squad, I'm pumped for the upcoming vehicles!

PzKpfw IV Ausf. F2
                                                                Weight : 23.6 ton
                                                          Dimensions:5.93 x 2.88 x 2.68 mt
                                                              Armor (max) : 50 mm
                                                                Range : 200 km
                                                           Speed (max - route) : 40 km/hr
                                                               Main gun : 75 mm
                                                                  Crew : 5

he Panzer IV, conceived by General Guderian himself as a heavy support tank for Panzer IIIs, was the workhorse of the Panzer Division.
 Although it was slow to come into production, the Panzer IV soon revealed its fine balance between protection, firepower, and mobility. When production ceased in 1945, more than 8,000 hed been built (all 75 mm versions, short or long-barrelled ones).
 It also provided the basis for many other combat vehicles, including : Jagdpanzer IV tank-hunter, Nashorn and Hummel self-propelled guns, and the Flakpanzer IV anti-aircraft tank .

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
"Opfer mussen gebracht werden"
— Otto Lilienthal

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 02-22-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 02-22-2000).]

Offline BaneX

• Zinc Member
GOT TANKS?!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2000, 03:58:00 PM »
I'd love to be in a squad like that myself. Count me in if you want to form one Ripsnort.

------------------
BaneX
=357th Pony Express=
"Need a package delivered? Call the Pony Express"

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
GOT TANKS?!!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2000, 04:14:00 PM »
Rip, you would have loved a scenario we did not too long ago in AirWarrior.

It was  "North Afrika", where in each frame, armour battles were an very important and integral part of the campaign.

I will have to look for my old film, but we had a great armour battle near the "El Alamein" airfield (quite appropriate huh? )of about 20 tanks on each side, with Stuka's and heavy Me110's supporting the Axis and heavy Hurricane's supporting the other.

It seemed like all the ground support airpower showed up simultaneously just as the tanks opened up on one another, then several squadrons of fighters from both sides piled in.

Talk about INTENSE !!!

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure,
"Real Men fly Radials, Nancy Boys fly Spitfires"

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
GOT TANKS?!!
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2000, 08:52:00 AM »
Sounds like a blast Verm!  I haven't been on AW since the days it was $5.00/hour to play, think they only had a flak panzer then, if you find the film, shoot it to me at email within my profile..thanks!

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Rip1~Warbirds~)
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Opfer mussen gebracht werden"
— Otto Lilienthal