Author Topic: Arena where all players are on one side  (Read 2149 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Arena where all players are on one side
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 12:52:42 PM »
Ha Ha BillyD you must be one of the tank drivers I whack every time you up. It is a honor to be a member of the most hated squad in AH (S.O.A.R.) I see more stuff written in the BBS about us than any other squad. I see people write things about S.O.A.R. that are new to this game and most likely never even came up against any of us and all they know is hear say. But I forgive you BillyD for being a jerk since you are probably only 14 years old.

Nobody cares about soar, just mildly bemused.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 12:58:24 PM »
Nobody cares about soar, just mildly bemused.
like i said, instead of whining that all we do is roll bases with no resistance, why dont the MUPPETS fly in EW and stop us then? or anyone for that matter?

not trying to start a squad vs squad thing, just saying. we love early war. but its not our fault no one else wants to fly in there.

we've had some good fights against the ironhorseman and 337th in there.but other than that we're the only major squad who regularly go in there.

so instead of trying to belittle us, how about you come into EW and fly with us?  :aok if you think the mighty muppets can spare the time, of course.

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 12:59:44 PM »
btw bunny sorry for the hijack, i'll add something onto your idea.

how about taking the arena youve stated, but adding computer controlled drones in there aswell? like every time you go to attack a base in there, the computer ups a set amount of planes to defend it.

it could be a good way to train squads and the likes.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 02:15:32 PM »
btw bunny sorry for the hijack, i'll add something onto your idea.

how about taking the arena youve stated, but adding computer controlled drones in there aswell? like every time you go to attack a base in there, the computer ups a set amount of planes to defend it.

What a novel idea - taking bunnies' suggestion seriously! But okay, I'll bite.

Bunnies' complaint is that too many people in LW don't want to fight human opponents, thus ruining the game for those who do want to fight by making it hard to find anyone who wants to fight.

Okay, assuming there is any truth to this, let's look at the proposed solution. Create another arena so that all the people who don't want to fight are somewhere else and won't spoil bunnies' arena.

Okay... so now all the people who didn't want to fight are gone. Leaving who, exactly?

Let's say there were 20 people who didn't want to fight, and 10 people who did want to fight. So now we take all the people who don't want to fight out of the picture, and that leaves us... drum roll... 10 people who want to fight.

The number of people in bunnies' arena who want to fight has just increased by, let's see, carry the four, move the decimal... ummm... ZERO.

There is not one single additional person for bunnies to fight after his solution is implemented. The arena is exactly the same as it was before, except that some people, who bunnies never interacts with anyway and who were never going to give him the fight he wants, are gone. Bases are no longer being taken where he isn't.

We hear this same whine, day in, day out, year after year... "You're ruining MY arena by not playing the way I want you to play!!!!!"  :cry   :cry   :cry

And it's BS. Those people aren't ruining anything for bunnies or anyone else. Taking them out would not change his game experience one iota, except that there would no longer be other people having fun in a way he doesn't approve of.

What he really wants is to get everyone else to play the way he thinks they ought to play. Sorry, bunnies, but it ain't happening.

Oh, and as always, we had some great fights last night in LWO and LWOH taking defended bases and defending against other base-takers. Don't know where all the whiners were, probably off crying in their beer instead of playing.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
like i said, instead of whining that all we do is roll bases with no resistance, why dont the MUPPETS fly in EW and stop us then? or anyone for that matter?

not trying to start a squad vs squad thing, just saying. we love early war. but its not our fault no one else wants to fly in there.

we've had some good fights against the ironhorseman and 337th in there.but other than that we're the only major squad who regularly go in there.

so instead of trying to belittle us, how about you come into EW and fly with us?  :aok if you think the mighty muppets can spare the time, of course.
  Everytime I've been to EW, you weren't there. 
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2011, 03:39:10 PM »

I think extending that idea further such that when there are less than 50 people playing or when one country has a disproportionate number of the human players, the other countries get ai players to 'balance' it out.

Okay... so now all the people who didn't want to fight are gone. Leaving who, exactly?

or the game mechanics could be altered to encourage people to fight each other, then no one leaves and you have 30 people fighting instead of 10....

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:42:17 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »
  Everytime I've been to EW, you weren't there. 
i think i saw you on last night, but you logged before i could up. wasted time upping just to get shot down by slapshots HO'ing brewster.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2011, 04:31:23 PM »
Back on the ranch...

I stayed on last night for the late night arena. It may not be a bad idea to use a much smaller map with feilds 1 to .75 sector apart. For the lack of player density, mountains and distances it was understandable a single fight would suck up most of the players from two countries with no short fly way for the third to get at any of them.

Ndisles might serve the late night crew better than the current map especially if the bases on the center island were rendered uncapturable while the map was being used as the late night arena.

If the late night arena is more like AH was in the first few years, why not service it with a map from the rationale of that era?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2011, 05:01:22 PM »
What a novel idea - taking bunnies' suggestion seriously! But okay, I'll bite.

Let's say there were 20 people who didn't want to fight, and 10 people who did want to fight. So now we take all the people who don't want to fight out of the picture, and that leaves us... drum roll... 10 people who want to fight.

The number of people in bunnies' arena who want to fight has just increased by, let's see, carry the four, move the decimal... ummm... ZERO.

well it is true that it doesn't increase the number of people who want to fight. However it does increase the chances that you run across someone who wants to fight. Not that I'm for or against this idea, Just saying.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"