Author Topic: Arena where all players are on one side  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Arena where all players are on one side
« on: March 09, 2011, 03:06:24 AM »
The recent 'efficiency' at which people are taking out the fH and the VH at a base with 40+ people to prevent people from combating them, leads me to believe that there should be an arena where people who don't want to fight can go and gang up on base ack.

I know this sounds like a whine but its not, I'm not complaining about base takers per-say, I just want to have the opportunity to play AH against another human player, and when the numbers get thin, 'interesting' behavior surfaces..... As such, move all the "I don't want to fight against human players" into their own arena, and let the rest of us fight each other.

I guess I just could state on 200, alright.. all though who want to fight lets go to EW, and let LW off hours turn into what EW is.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
Re: Arena where all players are on one side
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 03:10:32 AM »

or u couldz join deez guyz
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 03:35:41 AM »
For the most part, folks fly in the arena where their "friends" are.  Part of the appeal of LW off hours, was that I got to fly with folks that I had fun with.  When my squadees logged off, I could find some others that make me smile and laugh at odd things and comments, during the time that I am available to fly.

I am not on anyone's side on this one.  USRanger made a nice joke  :rofl when he turned the icons in a screen shot of a base being capped into dollar bills.  My point is that we loose battles everyday in life.  In a game loosing virtual ground can be frustrating, but not everyone is vested in protecting their virtual ground.

This makes me a very fickled player.  I will call for help with defense against a perceived attack.  As long as the defense is holding and like you pointed out hangars are not dropped and the writing is on the wall, it is all fun.  But once it is clear that there are going to be new tenants, it's time to find something more fun, even if I called for the defense in the first place.

I have flown with a small group of guys that would try and anticipate the movements of a large enemy squad (easy to find when dar bar is active or you have a letter in front of your name).  They would come in with intentions of harassing them while they were in base roll mode.  So what I am saying here, is to just keep rolling with the guys that make the game fun for you, and ignore guys like me that want you to play the game my way. ;)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 03:51:49 AM »
This makes me a very fickled player.  I will call for help with defense against a perceived attack.  As long as the defense is holding and like you pointed out hangars are not dropped and the writing is on the wall, it is all fun.  But once it is clear that there are going to be new tenants, it's time to find something more fun, even if I called for the defense in the first place.

Chilli I could care less about loosing ground, etc... I just want someone to play ah against.... What was happening was the first things to be dropped were the vh and the fh, and with overwhelming numbers, it was almost immediate. So, I try and up from a different base, but by the time I get there, its over. This repeated several times over.

Now, when there are more players, I do the obvious, and go play somewhere else on the map. But, when there are not, or the remaining players are just doing milk runs, whats there to do? log off?

Truth be told, I ended up going to the da to duel Debroedy, but thats not a substitute for the MA.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 09:11:39 AM »
The best way to battle attacks like this is MORE bases CLOSER together.. with MORE being the first option.. 8)

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 09:18:07 AM »
BillyD Get over S.O.A.R because I am about the only member who still even plays AH. Two are dead and the rest are playing World Of tanks. So if you are getting killed a lot by S.O.A.R that would be me. :lol

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 10:20:52 AM »
Chilli I could care less about loosing ground, etc... I just want someone to play ah against.... What was happening was the first things to be dropped were the vh and the fh, and with overwhelming numbers, it was almost immediate. So, I try and up from a different base, but by the time I get there, its over. This repeated several times over.

Now, when there are more players, I do the obvious, and go play somewhere else on the map. But, when there are not, or the remaining players are just doing milk runs, whats there to do? log off?

Truth be told, I ended up going to the da to duel Debroedy, but thats not a substitute for the MA.

Why not you get your 1v1? Or are you saying you like to gang as well as 1v1s or is it you like to be outnumbered but only to a certain number? Maybe you want 2v1 but that could be set up in the DA. Or is it the MA has score?

You can fight the horde you have to fly more conservative but it can be done. Really the same complaints get really really old.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 11:03:19 AM »
There was just a recent thread about this,,,, http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,307595.0.html .  No need to beat the same horse.  Nothing was resolved, so I expect this thread will end the same way.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 12:38:50 PM »
Why not you get your 1v1? Or are you saying you like to gang as well as 1v1s or is it you like to be outnumbered but only to a certain number? Maybe you want 2v1 but that could be set up in the DA. Or is it the MA has score?

You can fight the horde you have to fly more conservative but it can be done. Really the same complaints get really really old.

There was just a recent thread about this,,,, http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,307595.0.html .  No need to beat the same horse.  Nothing was resolved, so I expect this thread will end the same way.

Fred

This is not a horde complain thread, I don't mind fighting hordes, it is part of the MA experience. This is about not having any fights period.

When the FH and VH are dropped immediately and the one cant get there from another base in time... there is no fight, there is no one playing against other players in AH.

:bhead :bhead
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:41:51 PM by Ardy123 »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »
BillyD Get over S.O.A.R because I am about the only member who still even plays AH. Two are dead and the rest are playing World Of tanks. So if you are getting killed a lot by S.O.A.R that would be me. :lol

how bout you suck it. mmmkah
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 12:49:16 PM »
This is not a horde complain thread, I don't mind fighting hordes, it is part of the MA experience. This is about not having any fights period.

When the FH and VH are dropped immediately and the one cant get there from another base in time... there is no fight, there is no one playing against other players in AH.

Well I would say that is a huge exaggeration. Its not like the dar bar just appears out of no where. I understand becoming frustrated with the game but to say there are no fights is ridiculous.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline jam934

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 12:54:20 PM »
The game play sucks now days. :furious

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »
Well I would say that is a huge exaggeration. Its not like the dar bar just appears out of no where. I understand becoming frustrated with the game but to say there are no fights is ridiculous.

you should have been on at 1 am.... If you were you would have seen that. The dar bar shows, up, the FH and VH go down, 3 min later, 7 - 10 min later base is taken...

On average, I was able to maybe up once before the FH were taken down. Sukov, you have to realize that you may be mid flight when you see the dar bar pop in a different side of the map, so by the time you land, and and try to up from that base, the FH were usually down.

I appreciate the organization of the base taking squad, I'm not against their efforts, I just feel that there needs to be in place a game play structure to counter balance it. When there are many people playing (over ~80) there are options, but when its thin, there isn't much. Esp, when one country starts to have 15+ players more than the other countries.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:04:28 PM by Ardy123 »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2011, 01:02:50 PM »

I can type big to, and I can even change the font colors.

Call it what you want, it was still all covered.  It is still beating the same horse, but calling it a different name.    :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead  I can use those to.

:D

Fred
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 01:07:11 PM by bmwgs »
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »
The recent 'efficiency' at which people are taking out the fH and the VH at a base with 40+ people to prevent people from combating them, leads me to believe that there should be an arena where people who don't want to fight can go and gang up on base ack.

I know this sounds like a whine but its not, I'm not complaining about base takers per-say, I just want to have the opportunity to play AH against another human player, and when the numbers get thin, 'interesting' behavior surfaces..... As such, move all the "I don't want to fight against human players" into their own arena, and let the rest of us fight each other.

I guess I just could state on 200, alright.. all though who want to fight lets go to EW, and let LW off hours turn into what EW is.

The "fix" is quite simple. Allow unlimited side switching

That is all  TY

JUGgler
Army of Muppets