Author Topic: JG54 Grünherz formed!  (Read 783 times)

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« on: July 13, 2000, 03:17:00 AM »
Yesterday saw the birth of JG54 Grünherz. Because of reorganisation in JG2 to get a sleaker, meaner squad, some from II/JG2 (Euro contigent) opted to form this squad to help gain cohesion. It's not formed because of squabble within JG2, but rather was created to give added flexibility and freedom to both squads.

At the moment, the roster has four members; three officers with commanding power (Hristo, Habicht, Maik) and one normal one, aka the Shoe Shiner StSanta  .

JG54 was, interestingly enough, the first squad to fly the FW-190D9 in combat. Added bonus for Hristo  .

This is a historical squad with dedicated members flying Luftwaffe iron only, with the exception of goons and buffs. When future added aircraft enables us, the last two ugly American aircraft will be replaced  .

Squad is to be relatively small - at the most 10 members. All pilots are to be dedicated LuftWaffe pilots and must fly for Knightlandia.

New recruits will be given a 14 day test membership where attitude and team spirit can be evaluated. All members of squad has veto right and can reject new recruit. This is to keep group cohesion and is not meant as an elitistic better-than-you effort.

Squad structure is much like JG2 - titles would mean functionality and some responsibility, but no authority in the military sense.

A Training Officer is responsible for squad team training - one or (preferrably) two nights a week for whatever time is appropriate. All pilots are encouraged to come up with scenarios to aid training.

As far as history of the JG54 goes, I am still waiting for a book I've ordered some time ago called:

Green Hearts - First in Combat with the Dora 9
by Axel Urbanke
published by Eagle Editions
ISBN 0-9660706-0-7

but if anyone want to fill me in or post a URL with more info, I'd appreciate it.

<S!>

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2000, 09:42:00 AM »
Hossa my friends,

great news , wish u luck + always combat success  

blitz

btw. Habicht plse contact the guy i mentioned to you yesterday on private channel. Me thinks he would fit in pretty good.

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2000, 11:01:00 AM »
Congratulations!

But I don't think JG54 was formed because JG2  wanted to get meaner or sleaker.  JG54 was formed by it's CO because he wanted a more compact, highly talented squad that would fly LW A/C only and of course, fly for the Knights.

It just sounds from your post that JG2 wanted to lose people so it could get meaner and sleaker. That was not the case in I/JG2. JG2 wanted people to stay. We reorganized not by choice, we reorganized because many pilots left JG2 for newly formed squads in Knightland.  So please, don't try to blame JG2 for your leaving and the formation of your new squad.

I don't believe Hristo thought to himself, "I am leaving JG2, and taking some of the best Euro pilots with me to give JG2 more flexibility and freedom."

Hristo left the same reason Ripsnort and Udie left. To form their own squadrons to their liking, and to return to Knightland.  I do not believe any of them had the welfare of JG2 foremost on their mind. And as well they should not, because we all pay $30 a month to enjoy this sim the best way we can.

But as far as I know noone from JG2 said, "I wish some of our top pilots would go out and form squads on their own so we could become meaner and sleaker."

Doesn't it seem strange that 3 of JG2's most talented pilots went out to form their Knight squadrons within 10 days after JG2 changed countries?  

I know the real reason people left JG2 is here somewhere, but I just can't place my finger on it.      

I honestly wish all the new squadrons formed by ex-JG2 pilots all the luck in the world, but try to keep your reasons for leaving in perspective.  

Have a nice day!!    

------------------
Swager
GeschwaderKommodore I/JG2~Richthofen~[/i]

"Damn.....I can't believe I missed that shot!!!"

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by Swager (edited 07-13-2000).]
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline HABICHT

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jagdgeschwader54.net
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2000, 11:13:00 AM »
hi all,

btw, it's NOT hristos squad, its OUR squad.
no matter WHO is CO in the AH list.
i tried to creat the squad, had probs, asked hristo 1 min later and now he's the "CO"

habicht,
XO JG54"Grünherz"

------------------

"Die Ta 152 war meine Überlebensversicherung in den letzten Tagen des Krieges" OFw Willi Reschke, Ritterkreuzträger, 38 Abschüsse

[This message has been edited by HABICHT (edited 07-13-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2000, 11:26:00 AM »
Congrats guys! <S>  as some may not know, 2 weeks ago Swager knew I was leaving to form a new VMF squad, something I've always wanted to  do.

JG2 was too big, as most know.  Breaking it up into smaller squads was  the best thing to happen to it.

Any JG2 squad members that have found themselves without a squad are welcome to join VMF-323! (Psst, we fly all plane types, except on squad nights and historical engagements , then we fly that big beautiful gull-winged monster!   )

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
VMF-323 ~Death Rattlers~
Panzer Group Afrika~15th Panzer Division~[/i]
Click here for VMF-323 Death Rattlers info
Click here for 15th Panzer info

I spare no class or cult or  creed,
My course is endless through the year.
I bow all heads and break all hearts,
All owe homage-I am Fear.

-------------General Patton

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 07-13-2000).]

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2000, 11:34:00 AM »
Good luck JG54.

Any former II/JG2 pilots that are without a squadron should contact Swager
for an invite into I/JG2. We look forward to flying with ya.

Sour

------------------
Sour
JG-2 Richthofen

"Hey - someone has to be the target...."

[This message has been edited by sourkraut (edited 07-13-2000).]

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2000, 11:38:00 AM »
I might add that VMF-323 squad meeting time is the same as JG2 on Fridays, so, we'll see you JG2 , side by side!  

Ahh, editted per post below, we'll see you in 16 days!  

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 07-13-2000).]

Offline sourkraut

• Copper Member
      • http://www.riverrunne.com
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2000, 12:01:00 PM »
But rip - don't you guys fly knights?  

[This message has been edited by sourkraut (edited 07-13-2000).]

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2000, 11:40:00 AM »
Swager:

Oh, I blame no one. There is not an ounce of blame in my post.

I was just regurgitating what I had posted in the JG2 part of this board.

Sorry if I got it wrong then and now, but that was the impression I had.

Sorry, sorry sorry.

Am I forgiven?  

------------------
StSanta
JG54 "Grünherz"

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2000, 11:49:00 AM »
Stsanta i would be interested in joining your squad when i get back and im all signed up with an account.

Offline maik

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301.de
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2000, 01:22:00 PM »
Torquila, if there'S "no-More-Name-change" and You stay longer than 2 weeks  , I'll support U.

Maik
<JG54 Grünherz>

[This message has been edited by maik (edited 07-28-2000).]

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
JG54 Grünherz formed!
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2000, 03:24:00 PM »

Originally posted by maik:
Torquila, if there'S "no-More-Name-change" and You stay longer than 2 weeks   , I'll support U.

Maik
<JG54 Grünherz>

[This message has been edited by maik (edited 07-28-2000).]

hehe   Well since that was killed by HTC a while back i dont think ill be changing names ever.