Author Topic: ready to give up  (Read 1604 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: ready to give up
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 11:28:44 AM »
I've been in a slump for five years.  Things should turn around any day now.  :)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 05:08:12 PM »
Ok been playing for a year, have a usual k/d ratio between 2-3.  All of a sudden , that is last 5 days I cant buy a kill.  Ive changed planes changed strategy, changed joystick. Whatever I try making no difference, if i look at an ack it kills me. Whatever angle i take on a buff, first bullet pilot kill. I suddleny cant out turn planes I could before, I cant outrun or catch planes I could before.  I can get on an enemies 6 be 200 out let loose with a whole clip and not even get a hit sprite. Other planes are getting hits and destroying my stabilser from 1.5k out! My ratio dropped to less than 1.5.  What the hell is going on? I know some days you are the bug and somedays the windscreen. I know sometimes my own stupid mistakes get me killed, but at the moment my run of luck is incredibly bad.  I try to avoid HOs I usually pull up or get lateral seperation just as guns come into range, but now whenever i pull up other plane either shoots my tail off or collides with me, EVERY collision in last 5 days results in MY death even tho it says they collided with me!

Is lag playing its part here or am I just in an incredibly bad luck streak?  Its become so frustating that im ready just to give up. 

Bad luck on your part, good luck on others.  I've noticed since the BoG has been in full swing that a number of American iron flyers are flying their planes more strategicly and inteligently than before.  Haven't been seeing many give up their already-established advantage just to dive to the deck and run away like I always used to.

If your break has been for a while, check through your flight settings, can't hurt, maybe your stall limiter selected itself back on.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 08:03:48 PM »
I am master bait for my squad.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 08:55:26 PM »
I am master bait for my squad.
Sooooo...you are saying that you are the squad's master baiter?
 :noid :bolt: :joystick:
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2011, 01:09:15 AM »
just run across me....i'm pretty sure my K/D is a whopping .0something
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 01:17:42 AM »
Ok been playing for a year, have a usual k/d ratio between 2-3.  All of a sudden , that is last 5 days I cant buy a kill.  Ive changed planes changed strategy, changed joystick. Whatever I try making no difference, if i look at an ack it kills me. Whatever angle i take on a buff, first bullet pilot kill. I suddleny cant out turn planes I could before, I cant outrun or catch planes I could before.  I can get on an enemies 6 be 200 out let loose with a whole clip and not even get a hit sprite. Other planes are getting hits and destroying my stabilser from 1.5k out! My ratio dropped to less than 1.5.  What the hell is going on? I know some days you are the bug and somedays the windscreen. I know sometimes my own stupid mistakes get me killed, but at the moment my run of luck is incredibly bad.  I try to avoid HOs I usually pull up or get lateral seperation just as guns come into range, but now whenever i pull up other plane either shoots my tail off or collides with me, EVERY collision in last 5 days results in MY death even tho it says they collided with me!
Is lag playing its part here or am I just in an incredibly bad luck streak?  Its become so frustating that im ready just to give up.

I got killed by a C-47 tonight.  Don't know if he took damage or not, but there was only like 3 or 4 minutes left in the arena anyways.  It's all good.  Just step back, brush yourself off and come back strong.

<S> Don't give up...

Coogan

From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline hellwolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2011, 02:58:32 AM »
thanks for words of encouragement, Think I found problem, damping on joystick was fully turned up!  No wonder plane wasnt behaving as expected. I didnt change it so wonder what happened?  Still having trouble with rubber bullets tho.

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2011, 03:19:55 AM »
MY stick settings were all weird after this last patch too.  Odd thing is that they didn't reset to default, almost randomized.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2011, 07:31:08 AM »
I've had periods like that. You can't kill nothing and everything kills you, trees, blades of grass, buildings, and then you get nailed by a manned ack 3.5k away. LOL.

I went 3 days once with no kills and a ton of assists. Then I spotted a p47 diving on our buffs. I screamed down at him doing over 500mph. I shot off his left wing. Then I thought will someone steal my kill. So I shot off his right wing. Finally a kill!

Im going through one of those periods now. Hell Im finding myself getting killed by people who couldnt normally kill me if I were in a goon and they were parked 200 off my 6 in a G14 with full ammo load out. I know how frustrating it can be. LOL

Dont feel bad. It happens.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2011, 11:08:34 AM »
I think he means he's the servant.......   :headscratch:   The servant waits, while the master baits....... :uhoh

Sooooo...you are saying that you are the squad's master baiter?
 :noid :bolt: :joystick:
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 12:40:08 PM »
Could just be gremlins.

<S>
vWNTRGRN
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »

I got killed by a C-47 tonight.  Don't know if he took damage or not, but there was only like 3 or 4 minutes left in the arena anyways.  It's all good.  Just step back, brush yourself off and come back strong.

<S> Don't give up...

Coogan

dude last year i got killed twice by the same guy in his same flight with a c47.  I was about ready to quit the game, then I started thinking what is it about the game that makes it fun for me.  I love sinking cv's, so I started to see how many I could sink in one day (12), then i started doing some other crap that I thought would be interesting.  my current one is without changing the way I play to get the lowest score I can.  as you can see I dropped it from 300's to less than 100.  not by drastically changing how I play, but by learning the gaming score horde thing.

hellwolf find a way to make the game more interesting, I dont know ho every single mossie/110 that you see, and see if you can improve your ho'ing aim.  do whatever it takes....

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2011, 07:30:26 PM »
For your rubber bullets syndrome Hellwolf, make sure vsync is enabled. If its off (should be on - off only for testing purposes), you'll get some "interesting" results.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 07:37:29 PM »
Been on a break for couple of months- returning in soon  :salute
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2011, 08:04:17 PM »
Ok been playing for a year, have a usual k/d ratio between 2-3.  All of a sudden , that is last 5 days I cant buy a kill.  Ive changed planes changed strategy, changed joystick. Whatever I try making no difference, if i look at an ack it kills me. Whatever angle i take on a buff, first bullet pilot kill. I suddleny cant out turn planes I could before, I cant outrun or catch planes I could before.  I can get on an enemies 6 be 200 out let loose with a whole clip and not even get a hit sprite. Other planes are getting hits and destroying my stabilser from 1.5k out! My ratio dropped to less than 1.5.  What the hell is going on? I know some days you are the bug and somedays the windscreen. I know sometimes my own stupid mistakes get me killed, but at the moment my run of luck is incredibly bad.  I try to avoid HOs I usually pull up or get lateral seperation just as guns come into range, but now whenever i pull up other plane either shoots my tail off or collides with me, EVERY collision in last 5 days results in MY death even tho it says they collided with me!

Is lag playing its part here or am I just in an incredibly bad luck streak?  Its become so frustating that im ready just to give up.  

You flying tonight? I'll hop on any time in the next hour and a half and give you a training lesson.  Or another night this week if I'm not busy.  Let me know.