Author Topic: EAX vs. Other Sound Settings  (Read 597 times)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
EAX vs. Other Sound Settings
« on: March 16, 2011, 04:42:05 PM »
 Just wondered what people's preferences are to the in-game sound settings.  Does your game sound better with DTS, Dolby 5.1, Stereo or EAX. 
For me, I was using the Dolby 5.1, but today I'm trying the EAX 4.  It sounds pretty good, but I don't like all that echo that I hear.

:airplane: Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: EAX vs. Other Sound Settings
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 04:45:09 PM »
Get Dolby 7.1, the horde all shooting at you at once will make your pants wet!

As for the echo go into your windows sound settings and change everything away from default. 9 time out of 10 it's those settings causing echos etc.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:34:20 AM »
Applying any type of Dolby decoding is a waste of time as we do not encode sound at all.  Therefore enabling Dolby does nothing but waste more processing cycles checking for a Dolby signature in the sound, when the game plays it.

EAX actually interferes with the 3D positioning of the sounds in the game due ot how it alters the audio.

Aces High uses true 3D positioning, with no encoding.  All you have to do is set your speaker configuration, in Windows, and the sounds will play from the correct spot, at the correct levels.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:06:35 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 11:27:36 AM »
skuzzy so what you are saying is we set up withing windows, then in game use windows configuration?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 11:44:15 AM »
The speaker configuration, yes.

Do not apply any type of decoders to the audio as there is nothing to decode.  If you want to apply sound modifies, then just note that it could impact the 3D positioning of the sound.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 11:46:30 AM »
Applying any type of Dolby decoding is a waste of time as we do not encode sound at all.  Therefore enabling Dolby does nothing but waste more processing cycles checking for a Dolby signature in the sound, when the game plays it.

EAX actually interferes with the 3D positioning of the sounds in the game due ot how it alters the audio.

Aces High uses true 3D positioning, with no encoding.  All you have to do is set you speaker configuration in Windows and the sounds will all play from the correct spot, at the correct levels.

Thanks for the info. Skuzzy.  I didn't really like how the game sounded to me with EAX enabled.  That's probably why.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 03:10:46 PM »
what is meant by decoders, I have realtek sound drivers is that the decoder? :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario