Author Topic: Arena cap is getting out of hand  (Read 23935 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Arena cap is getting out of hand
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2011, 09:51:50 PM »
Traveler:

What would you call saying this.

I really doubt it has anything to do with business, or lack there of.

When we have continually stated that we cap  arenas ONLY because of business reasons?

HiTech

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2011, 10:05:55 PM »
Caps or not,  I love the fact that the owner has a presence in game and on the forums.  Now if Bill Gates would show up on the MS forums...I have some words for that guy.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2011, 10:09:01 PM »
Traveler:

What would you call saying this.

When we have continually stated that we cap  arenas ONLY because of business reasons?

HiTech

An expression of my doubt.   I never called you a liar.

Edit, I'd also say that the quote you used is taken out of context.  post the entire quote.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 10:19:41 PM by Traveler »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2011, 10:12:06 PM »
Muzik: I'll give you the quick version, for any more go do some reading on social dynamics.

When groups are small they can manage them self, a group of 10 people can play together and moderate themselves. If one person is going out side the bounds/rules of the group. The 10 people can deal with the person and either have him change his behavior or remove him from the group.

Has groups get larger and larger people start becoming  anonymous and start viewing the group as only a group and not individual people. As this effect gets larger the social structure of the group brakes down and people become more disruptive with out many social consequences. This is a very common social outcome. When more people joing a group it requires a much greater management and governance. How well does it work to have towns of 5000 people with out laws, police, firemen garbage men and other very formal rules of order and management roles.

This show up in game play in many ways  and creates less enjoyment for the entire group.

As far as the business side it really is VERY simple, we had hit an artificial ceiling and the player count had reached it's maximum in one arena. It had reached a point where more people would degrade the play, and as people came more people left and more people choose not to become subscribers, the number of total players of AH had STOPPED growing.

As soon as we split the arenas, even with all the complaints and whines when we did, we started growing again the same week we split the arena.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2011, 10:16:08 PM »
An expression of my doubt.   I never called you a liar.

Ahh I understand you doubt I am telling the truth but you are not calling me a liar.  :rolleyes:

I would say lay down that shovel.

HiTech

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2011, 10:19:33 PM »
As far as the business side it really is VERY simple, we had hit an artificial ceiling and the player count had reached it's maximum in one arena. It had reached a point where more people would degrade the play, and as people came more people left and more people choose not to become subscribers, the number of total players of AH had STOPPED growing.

As soon as we split the arenas, even with all the complaints and whines when we did, we started growing again the same week we split the arena.

That's not exactly proof that was the reason subscriptions increased.  What if you would have switched to whole grain shredded wheat for breakfast cereal and subscriptions started to go up?

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2011, 10:24:03 PM »
That's not exactly proof that was the reason subscriptions increased.  What if you would have switched to whole grain shredded wheat for breakfast cereal and subscriptions started to go up?

The owner tells you why and still......

:bhead

Maybe he had already tried the breakfast idea and it wasn't working.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2011, 10:33:48 PM »
By that same token, though, if the arena caps were as detrimental as many of the complainers would have us believe, then subscriptions would have dropped off instead of expanded, yes?

Seriously, some of you need to learn to admit when you are wrong and move on.  The horse has long since been pounded into dust.
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2011, 11:04:57 PM »
The owner tells you why and still......

:bhead

Maybe he had already tried the breakfast idea and it wasn't working.

Haha.  It's like a baseball player wearing the same jock over and over because he keeps getting hits with it.  There's no proof the stinky jock is the reason for his hits but how else do you explain the fact that he keeps getting all these hits while he wears his stinky jock?  I mean, it HAS to be the stinky jock right?   :lol

How about another arena split then?  Since arena splits spontaneously generate new players who are teetering on the edge of subscribing, just hoping another arena is added, and then whalllah! A new LW arena, and a player surge, simple as that!.  Lets try it.   :cool:

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2011, 11:12:12 PM »
I think we should add a 4th counrty, the Pawns.  That would rule.  Yup.

:rock

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2011, 11:39:41 PM »
I think we should add a 4th counrty, the Pawns.  That would rule.  Yup.

:rock

lol the pawns? they would certently be pawns to the bishops, thats for sure.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2011, 11:50:54 PM »
Correlation does not always mean causation.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2011, 12:12:39 AM »
Haha.  It's like a baseball player wearing the same jock over and over because he keeps getting hits with it.  There's no proof the stinky jock is the reason for his hits but how else do you explain the fact that he keeps getting all these hits while he wears his stinky jock?  I mean, it HAS to be the stinky jock right?   :lol

How about another arena split then?  Since arena splits spontaneously generate new players who are teetering on the edge of subscribing, just hoping another arena is added, and then whalllah! A new LW arena, and a player surge, simple as that!.  Lets try it.   :cool:

Perhaps you'd like to see the books?

:rofl

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2011, 12:26:06 AM »
The two times I have cancelled my account since I started playing AH since AW went away, have been after the arena split.  I guess that is the reason I cancelled my account then?  It must be....although I know differently.

Oh yea...Pwns w00d rul3z!1!
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2011, 12:33:03 AM »
geez I'm starting to think HITECH doesn't like me too much.
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok