Author Topic: I need help please  (Read 1094 times)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Re: I need help please
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2011, 04:14:14 PM »
TB,  As far as something to try, I had something similar happen and it was just that my driver had mysteriously become corrupted.  I deleted it and found a new driver and it fixed the problem.  I too had the display background as in your case but I also couldn't change my resolution to anything better than 800 x 600.  I recently got a new machine with the NVIDIA GTX 580 in it and WOW!, I didn't even know AH terrain and water looked like it does now.  Good luck on the card but you might check the driver. 

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 06:52:29 PM »
He got the new/used card, and installed it and all is good. 

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 12:06:43 PM »
TB,  As far as something to try, I had something similar happen and it was just that my driver had mysteriously become corrupted.  I deleted it and found a new driver and it fixed the problem.  I too had the display background as in your case but I also couldn't change my resolution to anything better than 800 x 600.  I recently got a new machine with the NVIDIA GTX 580 in it and WOW!, I didn't even know AH terrain and water looked like it does now.  Good luck on the card but you might check the driver. 

one-eye

yes i did get new card, but ty i did try uninstalling card aswell as driver even tried new driver no work but new card runs everything maxed out getting 75fps
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 10:29:28 AM »
For $50 it's not bad.  If Aces High is the most graphical intense thing you do then it should be fine, just don't expect to be able to turn on any shadows.  You might have to drop down to 512 textures if you want to maintain the refresh rate in FPS, as well as turn the sliders down to about 70% or so.

A lot will depend on the processor, but I would have to disagree with ya Tig. 

I have the 9800 1GB and can run shadows (self) with all other eye candy maxed with only an occasional under 70 FR drop.  AA at 4x, 2048 textures.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors