Author Topic: I need help please  (Read 1095 times)

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
I need help please
« on: March 11, 2011, 03:10:44 PM »
had a hard freeze last night game had red lines all through it so i shut it down
turned on pc today this is what it looks like
tried re-seating video card and reinstalling drivers nothing help
its a 8800 gts 320mg card
is it fried or what never seen this b4
ty in advance for any help
TB
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: I need help please
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 04:22:23 PM »
My "guess" is that your cards going. Does your MB have on-board video? If it does you could try removing your possible "faulty" video card, clean out the drivers and then load up the on-board one. If it clears up you can be pretty sure the monitor and everything else is ok.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 04:26:17 PM »
Back 10 year's ago I had an old stile monitor to go out and that's kind of what it looked like .Not saying that's your problem just putting it out there .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »
The card could be or have severely overheated and been damaged.  Check to see if the heat sink is clogged, as well as if the fan is working.

Is that an LCD panel? Or is it a CRT monitor?  Do you have another monitor laying about you can try?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 04:33:53 PM »
The card could be or have severely overheated and been damaged.  Check to see if the heat sink is clogged, as well as if the fan is working.

Is that an LCD panel? Or is it a CRT monitor?  Do you have another monitor laying about you can try?

viewsonic crt yes i have spare monintor will try , card was dusty but fan on it was running
TBs Sounds 

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
another crt monitor produced same result
card was dusty but not bad i blew it out and cleaned fan its fan is spinning like normal i hear proessor fan running too
heres some pics

TBs Sounds 

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 04:51:43 PM »
Looks like a video card RAM has gone bad.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »
Looks like a video card RAM has gone bad.

so its trash huh?

TBs Sounds 

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 05:21:03 PM »
Well... probably trashed. You can try replacing the thermal material by taking the card apart removing the old material then adding new and reassembling but at this point its onlu 50/50 if it can be saved.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 05:44:21 PM »
My "guess" is that your cards going. Does your MB have on-board video? If it does you could try removing your possible "faulty" video card, clean out the drivers and then load up the on-board one. If it clears up you can be pretty sure the monitor and everything else is ok.

This would be a good test IMO.  At least you wouldn't be throwing out a good video card. (if it is good.  :uhoh)

Good Luck   :cheers:
Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline EDO43

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 09:54:43 AM »
I recently experienced the exact same problem with my XFX GTX 285.  It looked like a volcanic eruption all over my monitor.  I called XFX and they told me that the RAM had most likely gone bad.  I had originally purchased the card from www.newegg.com and in doing so, it came with a life time warranty. (They do offer extended and double life warranties on some video cards and such).  Contact the card manufacturer and tell them your issues.  If the card is still under warranty you can probably get a replacement.  If not, you'll most likely need a replacement but it'll have to come out of your pocket.  Not knowing what you prefer (Nvidia or Radeon) seek out your replacement and see if newegg has one that will come with a lifetime warranty.  I purchased two Nvidia GTX 460's (so I can now run SLI...which doesn't seem to make a difference in AH2) from Best Buy with a three year warranty on each card.
HTH

Tim
Mawey -a-  tsmukan

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 12:27:46 PM »
I recently experienced the exact same problem with my XFX GTX 285.  It looked like a volcanic eruption all over my monitor.  I called XFX and they told me that the RAM had most likely gone bad.  I had originally purchased the card from www.newegg.com and in doing so, it came with a life time warranty. (They do offer extended and double life warranties on some video cards and such).  Contact the card manufacturer and tell them your issues.  If the card is still under warranty you can probably get a replacement.  If not, you'll most likely need a replacement but it'll have to come out of your pocket.  Not knowing what you prefer (Nvidia or Radeon) seek out your replacement and see if newegg has one that will come with a lifetime warranty.  I purchased two Nvidia GTX 460's (so I can now run SLI...which doesn't seem to make a difference in AH2) from Best Buy with a three year warranty on each card.
HTH

Tim

Ty I purchased this one on ebay at 50.00

BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT OC 1GB GDDR3

Cheap solution for now i think. Anyone Agree or have this card? Thoughts please

« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:31:42 PM by TwinBoom »
TBs Sounds 

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 04:28:20 PM »

For $50 it's not bad.  If Aces High is the most graphical intense thing you do then it should be fine, just don't expect to be able to turn on any shadows.  You might have to drop down to 512 textures if you want to maintain the refresh rate in FPS, as well as turn the sliders down to about 70% or so.

Compared to your 8800gts this one might be just a tad bit slower, but it's still comparable.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 03:17:17 AM »
So it ended up being the video card ? That's good to know ..
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Keep an eye in that card Twin.  I had the exact same card (same Mfg), the fan quit on it after about 3 or 4 months and it cooked itself before I realized what had happened.  That's when I gave up on that particular machine and called TilDeath to build me a new computer.  (So glad I did)

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder