Author Topic: Official P47D-40 ACMs Training Films Pack - Turn fights - By Lepape2  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
Official P47D-40 ACMs Training Films Pack - Turn fights - By Lepape2
AcesHighII V.2.17 Patch3
V.1.1

DOWNLOAD LINK #1
DOWNLOAD LINK #2
Filesize: 25.7mo
Format: .rar

///////IMPORTANT////////
------------------------
How to play these films:
------------------------

--> Right-Click on This .rar / .zip file and select "extract to" or "extract here" depending on
    where you wish to have its content stored on your computer.

--> Files ending in .ahf are the films you are looking for. They can be played only if AcesHighII is
    installed on your computer and with version 2.17 Patch3 or later (and I'm not sure if later versions
    will work as well). These files are not movie data and cannot be converted in video files
    like .avi .wmv .mp4.

--> The 34 films are labelled in a way to state the opponent's ride and the most obvious manoeuvres demonstrated.

--> Some films may start with the view already zoomed. Just play with the FOV slider until the zoom is
    restored. You can also press the zoom key used in the game on your keyboard.

--> The "Use Recorded Views" check box will not work because I use Track IR and no view panning is used.
    So the best way I found to see most of the action is to switch back and forth between me and my
    opponent at appropriate times and scroll the window's vertical scroll bar up and down (lift vector
    is mostly pointed toward the opposing plane throughout the fights anyway). You can Pause, Rewind, Fast
    forward, Slow-mo, and check Trails at anytime to further improve your analysis of the manoeuvres.

--> The only plane I flown in these films (except 3 of them) is the P47D-40 model. The reason for this choice
    is in the FAQ section. 25%fuel, 8guns light ammo package, convergence: 200.

-----------------------
Goal of this film Pack:
-----------------------

The films are aimed toward the novice and veteran pilots who have a basic understanding of ACMs
(Air Combat Manoeuvres) but have trouble visualizing them or use them successfully in practice.
I may not be an expert at it, but I think those films are accurate enough to be shared to an
audience looking to learn ACMs or get better at it.

Those films expect a basic theoretical understanding of most ACMs from you. Otherwise, go back and read.
Since they are not narrated (like Agent360 109k-4 films), I will rely on your judgment and analysis
capabilities to gather the most out of them.

///////////////////////
|---<  F . A . Q  >---|    Is found in the READ ME .txt file
///////////////////////

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Special thanks to these pilots for allowing this pack to come true:

4Fox
  DStrip
   JDOD
    CandyMan
     MajQBall
      MerlinVI
       Raincoat
        Redd
         Tophat23
          Wing47
           SAJ73
            STEALTH
             rattler2

Even if I show these films depicting most of them getting shot down, they sure as hell
can hold their own in a fight. Like any movie, we only edit to keep the good part ;)
Again, this film pack is for training purposes and NOT for showing off who is the better pilot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------

Thank you very much for reading if you did!

:salute
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Official P47D-40 ACMs Training Films Pack - Turn fights - By Lepape2
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 09:11:58 PM »
Please NOTE:

7-Zip is a free program that decompresses ZIP, RAR, TAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ files / file extensions and more.

7-Zip Website
http://www.7-zip.org/

this might help some of you who have never messed with WinRAR or RAR type compressed files

hope this helps
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:30:03 AM »
When watching films recorded with TrackIR I like to use F11 for padlock then I tab to select the bandit to track.

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 04:50:16 AM »
Glad i could help lepape  :)  :salute
SAPP

Offline dstrip2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 12:18:15 PM »
<S>
glad to see a comprehensive ACM tutorial like this. thanks for letting me help. ya did good
 :joystick:

Offline Warty

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 10:00:01 PM »
Does anyone have a copy of these films that I could get? Both the links above are broken, and a google search turned up no good hits.

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 10:52:18 AM »
There: http://www.gamefront.com/files/17678189/AHII_P47_ACM_Training_Pack_Turnfights_Lepape2_rar

These are past the best-before date though I think...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:53:53 AM by Lepape2 »
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail