Author Topic: Well, just another PM.  (Read 2951 times)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Well, just another PM.
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 09:11:56 PM »
don't worry about it Getback, just play how you want. just because I often leave a 1on1 alone doesnt mean I never cherry anyone. It's only a game. I try to play it as many different ways as possible, that probably why I still enjoy it 8 years later.  :salute
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2011, 09:05:07 AM »
I'm not apologizing for shooting someone down in a game where you shoot people down and definitely not in a furball situation or a situation where we are trying to capture a base.

Of course every situation is different, and with base captures especially, it's a situation where the object is to eleminate the opposition asap, and every one involved understands that... but if that was the situation, you didn't mention it in your original post.

The other night I was dueling a rook f4u in my la, but it was in the middle of a 1 v oh, maybe 10 engagement. I knew I was everyone's target, but as most of the rest were 190's, 109's ,and even a 262 came swooping through, I chose to fight the biggest threat, while avoiding the picks as best I could. In the end I got taken out before I could finish off the Corsair. It didn't bother me a bit... Infact I was satisfied I was able to stay alive as long as I did.

As an aside;
As many times as I've been killed by Shawk, it's never been in a 1v1. It's always been a pick while engaged. And anytime I've engaged him, one of his groupies dives in. I've NEVER EVER known him to up and defend a base, but once the cap is established, he's guarenteed to show up.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2011, 09:32:48 AM »
I hope it was me, I really do.  Because if it was you at A9 in your 15K-17K F4u that dove in to pick me on the deck... from the best fight I've had in literally months, you deserve to be called on it.  Yak9T  (me in the T) versus Yak9U, and the we had been at each other for 10 minutes, easy. I was sweating, the fight was so intense, and we broke away from everyone to go at it.  I had called 5 guys out and they were watching the fight, circling. He had obviously called people out too.  We fought down from 10K to an on-the-deck crazy stall fight.  Then an F4U comes in so fast, its leading edges were glowing from re-entry, past 3 cons watching...  easy shot when I'm hanging on the prop in a 100 yard stall fight.

I sent an immediate PM, and it wasn't mean.  And the other pilot, (whose name escapes me right now), sent the F4U pilot one too.  He was bummed about it too.  So, if that was you, you obviously didn't listen to your countryman.  If it was you, you deserve to be told you acted poorly because that pilot was actively calling pickers off.

If you had a good fight going on and you were interrupted, why not say heck with it and ask the opponent for DA to continue the fun and games, instead of having an headache over the fact that you fought on the MA where every red target is a valid target. I don't get it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:35:12 AM by LLv34_Dictonius »
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2011, 09:37:58 AM »
If you had a good fight going on and you were interrupted, why not say heck with it and ask the opponent for DA to continue the fun and games, instead of having an headache over the fact that you fought on the MA where every red target is a valid target. I don't get it.

+1

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2011, 11:44:29 AM »
"If you had a good fight going on and you were interrupted, why not say heck with it and ask the opponent for DA to continue the fun and games, instead of having an headache over the fact that you fought on the MA where every red target is a valid target. I don't get it."

Cuz it just ain't the same.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2011, 11:59:56 AM »
"why not ask the opponent for DA to continue the fun and games, instead of having an headache over the fact that you fought on the MA where every red target is a valid target. I don't get it."

Cuz it just ain't the same.

What ain't the same?  You ain't getting in the way of the rest of the battle?  You ain't occupied with waving people off?  You ain't got a bunch of people circling over your 1v1 presumably yelling 'FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!' as you do your thing?  What is with the pathological need to demand special treatment in the middle (or the edge) of a furball?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »
So many hurt feelings.  I can't tell you how many times I had a great fight going when someone picked me just as I was preparing the coup de grace.  It happens, and I'm sure at my end it elicited a "Daaaaaamn, so close!" remark directed at nobody in particular (no doubt triggering a raised eyebrow from my wife).  One thing I never bothered to do was PM someone angrily about it, let alone start a thread.

The MA is a massive free-for-all.  I don't expect "honor" there, and I think it's just as poor a form to wave people off from a perfectly legitimate kill as it is to swoop in and ruin a super fun 1v1.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2011, 12:41:14 PM »
I get more annoyed when my 12 is cleared after a great white knuckle fight than when I get picked by the bad guys. :)

My general philosophy is if I see a clear 1v1 that's happening away from a larger battle or furball is to extend at least a little courtesy to the friendly in the fight.  I'll usually ask, if I don't get an answer and it looks like they're losing I'll tell them I'm going in to help.  Of course this is just sort of my personal guidelines, they aren't hard fast rules and I can't say I've never picked a 1v1, maybe I was in a bad mood that night, maybe I just wasn't paying attention, maybe the bad guys stole my lunch money when I was a kid and this is payback.   :)

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2011, 05:19:33 PM »
I get more annoyed when my 12 is cleared after a great white knuckle fight than when I get picked by the bad guys. :)

^THIS^

There's nothing I hate more than having a great fight that goes round and round with a lone con..... only to have a friendly come zooming in from nowhere and nail him just as I have finally worked him into my gunsight.  :furious
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey