Author Topic: I've got the cure for Aces High!  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
I've got the cure for Aces High!
« on: March 17, 2011, 02:46:11 AM »
Spent all day with a sick two year old on my shoulder and in fact much of the night so far.  Got nothing done but had lots of time to think.  It came to me in a flash!

March 31st  HTC shuts down the servers and reshuffles the deck.  EW and MW are gone.  He then takes the data on squads and individual players and Assigns them one of two arenas.  Arena 1A and 1B.  At they have the numbers they can shuffle them evenly distributing squads to different countries and individuals as well so that there is parity in the arena numbers for both 1A and 1B. 

This then becomes your home for the tour.  Say the 80th gets sent to 1B flying Rooks.  That's it.  We are 1B Rooks for the duration of the tour.  No complaints about being able to fly with our squad as we have a promised place at the table in that arena.   Muppets may get sent to 1A Bish, SE's to 1B Knits.  Because HTC has the numbers they should be able to set it up with even sides, no squad whining, and all with a home for the tour.  New subscribers would then be assigned to the arena and country that was low at the time

For the next tour, HTC shuffles the deck again and a squad could end up on a different team and different arena.  That way you get to fly with and against a wide variety of players

This way the numbers can be controlled so the arenas don't go down the cesspool road again.  Eny would probably disappear again and combat would rain on land sea and air.

Oh, and in addition there could be a weekly map schedule,.Both arenas with the same maps that rotate every two days whether they are reset or not.  If you 'win the war before hand, you get the perks but don't change the map.  That way folks can plan their lives around knowing when their favorite maps are in play.

The only downside to this is the mega squads might end up flying for other teams against each other, but since they really don't exist, I think it's a sacrifice that would need to be made.  At least this way the can't fly with my squaddies whine would be gone, and hopefully the imbalance issues gone too as folks would be shuffled in to fill in the lower number crews as new players arrived.

Think of the combat!  Think of the battles!  Think of something else to whine about!

It's perfect!  When do we start?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
Re: I've got the cure for Aces High!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 02:55:27 AM »
sounds like a dictatorial system but it sounds so beaultiful  :) I think it is a good idea on the gameplay point of view but I am NOBODY. the last words belong to the big fellow.
PLEASE answer to this!!!
Pretty please!

Think of something else to whine about!
:rofl
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 03:42:13 AM »
Great idea Guppy, but...........

You know how it stands now that HTC loves Rooks because they code their CVs much harder to sink than say the Nit's. :noid. I say this in jest because you know how delusional some people can be. Imagine the whines if by some freak chance a bunch of squads with top level sticks get assigned to one side.

A good % of the playerbase are "chesspiece loyal" for several reasons. We tend to stay Rook just for the reason to keep the squad together. Allthough We'll frequently switch once we are grouped up so to us its no big deal who we fly for.
On the other hand, you get the whole BOO-YAH chess piece superheros that think flying different uniforms means you are unpatriotic scum and its just damn right unamerican. I dont know if this idea works for them.

If anything creates a cesspool enviroment, it has to be chesspiece loyalty. It sets a bad example for the new guys. Yes its a good thing because it brings out the competetive edge in players to work together and envoke "team spirit" but at the same time when you get too immersed in it, emotions run high and people take it too far which most of the time happens in this game. I'll never forget my first years in this game. I had a frothing hatred for guys like Lynx and WMLute. When the squad threw out their chesspiece cape and tights, we got to fly along side these guys and turns out our preconcieved notions have been wrong and they turned out to be the nicest guys we ever played with.

I love the idea. Do you think we have been with this current system for so long that some just wont get over it and go along with the plan?
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 04:01:35 AM »
I like the concept of being thrown around into different countries, constantly
changing up who you're flying with etc.

I think if you drop all the other stuff, about the arena resets, forcing a team
to be on an arena, etc. We'd have a pretty great system. Here's how I see it:

At the beginning of each tour, a squad is kept together but squads are placed
on a random chess piece. The squad leader has the ability to move his whole
squad to one team once per tour, for those who dislike being forced into a
certain chess-piece. After that one switch, each member has to manually
switch sides (as per the current system).

It keeps the essential bit of the OP's system IMHO, but players retain their
freedom of the game. As a side note, squads should also have the option
(a check box, perhaps) to not have their squad 'rotated' every month.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 04:11:35 AM »
Can you imagine how the cartoon generals would feel about this? I can see it now. "Patton never had to change countries, why should I?"
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 04:22:00 AM »
Can you imagine how the cartoon generals would feel about this? I can see it now. "Patton never had to change countries, why should I?"

lets fly!

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 04:39:18 AM »
cool man I'll log on right now.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 04:50:47 AM »
 Eny would probably disappear again

It would not, as the balance would be perfect only in theory. In reality, different squads & individuals have very different prime playing times, so side imbalances will still be there, and during about 15 hours of the day (=off hours arena) there would probably be no great change at at all regarding ENY.

But other than that... I wouldn't complain about such a setup. In fact I had a similar idea once, but it was part of a bigger concept (with a much bigger change to game/arena structure)... but i came to the conclusion that there would be no chance for actual adaption anyway ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 04:52:50 AM »
What would we do with all the players that aren't in squads?  Just let them use either arena?  Suppose that wouldn't do any damage.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 05:55:29 AM »
No!

At the beginning i flew rooks, after knights and change from country to country but at the end i choose bishops side. Why?  The answer is important. So i would to fly as bishops.

This sound as the n-th low 'political' proposal to force the game against bishops.

W BISHOPS COUNTRY  - 'DEAD' TO ROOKS AND KNIGHTS  !!!

:salute

« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 06:09:32 AM by lulu »
mobilis in mobile

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 07:20:45 AM »
This idea has merit.  It would totally create a different type of gameplan for all aspects of the game.  What about the solo artists though? 

Fixed  :aok

Great idea Guppy, but...........

Dale is a Bish.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 07:23:02 AM »
Great idea, when do we start!  :aok Since no one loves us....ahem,,I mean me, we get a chance to tango with everyone! :cheers:
Yea, simply because I can

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 07:32:40 AM »
Nope.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 08:22:15 AM »
F  R  E  E  D  O  M

Don't let the damned commies fool ya  :rock
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 09:25:20 AM »
Grumpy, We have to hook-up this summer sometime REALLY.
I have another bozo idea for the game...........wouldn't it be cool if hitech put a random UFO sighting in the game........think of the fun!.....people posting pictures of it and can you imagine the radio chatter!
999000 <S>