Author Topic: A kind word to my fellow knights.  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
A kind word to my fellow knights.
« on: March 17, 2011, 11:53:26 AM »
First it has been pure excitement flying with you. You folks gut it out time after time.

One thing I would like to point out though is when some says let's do a mission to such and such base that doesn't mean go straight there on a whim. LOL. That piecemeal stuff is doomed. We ran some gv's to 25 today. Everyone left on their own terms. Individualism is great but not so good when trying to capture base. There was no inventory of what was in the mission and no coordination of dropping supplies. So 10 werbles, and just one tank strolled in one at a time into the jaws of a tiger. Oh, guess who got the supplies we dropped, yep the tiger. If we had set up a mission, took an inventory of what was in the mission this all could have been addressed. Air cover was good, vh down, ord down, and yet no coordination.

Now if you don't like taking bases that is all well and good with me. Like I said we had fighter cover. So there's always a place for you no matter your preference.

I will bet you couldn't discern the size of Tiger's driver grin from the size of the Tiger's barrel.

One last thought. If you call for a mission where everyone goes heavy, how about everyone going heavy. We went to a base allegedly for a capture and I only saw 2 eggs dropped. Everyone else was light and looking for the vulch.

It makes you feel like a tool when you are one of the two with eggs.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 12:01:39 PM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline mausil

• Zinc Member
Re: A kind word to my fellow knights.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 11:57:08 AM »
Join the brigade  :rock
MAUSIL

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 12:26:11 PM »
Our squad flies as Knights and we know if there is a base capture there will most likely be a lack of people that go heavy. If I'm headed to a base I'll at least bring rockets and 2 250lb bombs, hopefully some of the guys return heavy to help out after they see ack going down and vh going boom. If not a good furball usually breaks out.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 12:30:04 PM »
Most of the knights are more interested in fighting than taking bases. Me personally, I like fighting to take a base instead of straight up milk run. Each their own I guess though.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 12:36:20 PM »
it's always good to go heavy, any sign of trouble you drop ords and engage, theres no excuse not to bring something to the party  :t
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 12:41:33 PM »
 Knights- Horde more with less

Bish- Best at "gaggling" bases within 3 minutes

Rooks- I really have no idea, I think they have no idea either

:aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2011, 12:47:49 PM »
you know JUG, when the Pigs start a fight it's to get away from the hordes, but then the other greenies follow and not to long it becomes a horde, then we leave and start another fight someplace else and here they come again lol, i guess some feel safer in numbers
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Atticus4

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »
Getback,

While I generally agree with you, lately I've had a different experience with the knights.  Thanks primarily to Jayro and the Gunfighters squad  :salute  I've had the pleasurable experience of flying with 10-20 guys in an organized base take.  Which by the way I have learned does not take long (literally minutes) when everyone is working together and on their assignments. 

BTW, Jugler I agree with your post.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »
you know JUG, when the Pigs start a fight it's to get away from the hordes, but then the other greenies follow and not to long it becomes a horde, then we leave and start another fight someplace else and here they come again lol, i guess some feel safer in numbers

I hate that.... :furious

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 01:08:36 PM »
is this a trend we're going to see from getback for a while? must be getting bored...no other explanation for the silly diatribes on the forums in the last couple of weeks...

it's somewhat entertaining to see the responses...keep it going getback.   :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 01:18:23 PM »

I hate that.... :furious

It happens time and again bro.  Not griping but it does keep the Pigs hopping from location to location.  None of us enjoy flying 10-12 Pigs into large green group of pilots for a base capture, because it's assist city and not enough stuff for everyone to blow up.  Pigs have to be kept fed or they get kinda cranky.... :D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:22:16 PM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »

you do realized that getback actually likes to fight :rofl :rofl :rofl.

getback, like i mentioned yesterday, start a mission.  problem is everybody complains that all we do is furball and defend against the vtards (if we're in the mood) but nobody really wants to say hey let's have a mission to take whatever base.

most people fly the way lulu does, he brings a b25 to a red sea of cons then complains because he got shot down.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2011, 03:18:47 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

It happens time and again bro.  Not griping but it does keep the Pigs hopping from location to location.  None of us enjoy flying 10-12 Pigs into large green group of pilots for a base capture, because it's assist city and not enough stuff for everyone to blow up.  Pigs have to be kept fed or they get kinda cranky.... :D

:rofl  :aok
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2011, 04:48:57 PM »

I agree, I too start many a fight, I will cackle on 200 and usually a pig (dodger) or an 80th dood will respond and a 1v1 turns to a 1v2 to a 5v4 to a 8v12 then it gets out of hand on one side, I usually find that it's some of the "better" sticks that have joined the party "after" the party started that start stinkin the place up. Noobs in general can be suaded from perch dweebery by just saying, "hey man why HO that dood he fighting 3 of you" or "dood let them finish then we will punish him"  :) H3ll I even don't care if the "basetakers" show up and start gaggling the base at leat they are "decisive' and "commited" to their style and goals. It is the "good" players that insist on wearin the "perchskirt" staying clean and safe pickin everyone they can then rtb for the massive "country channel" WTGs. They get theair 5-7 kills cleanly while there has been 50 other deaths and kills in the same furball by those who just like to get dirty and play in the mud. It is these "OPPORTUNISTS" and we all know who they are that really start stinkin up a situation that was started by a couple dooods who got sick of the same ol same ol!

Even still, I cannot stand to be in a "green heavy" fight. It just makes me laugh and bail!

Like the pigs there are many who start fights, I think everyone can help police the fights on there side by a little friendly country belittling of those who "stink it up"

Or chagre perks to disable "killshooter" for each friendly kill. <--- I know many a peep that would have a hoot with this one  :aok

Maybe I'm just a bit to idealistic on this!

Holy crap, sorry for the hijack  out :salute

:salute

JUGgler
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:52:51 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2011, 05:07:14 PM »
is this a trend we're going to see from getback for a while? must be getting bored...no other explanation for the silly diatribes on the forums in the last couple of weeks...

it's somewhat entertaining to see the responses...keep it going getback.   :lol

Like I've said before, I take chances and it gives the board vulchers something to put their rollie eyes up about.

Not a complaint against the knights. More of a heads up. The rascals are just anxious. They've paid to play not wait. I understand that. Jayro and Ghi understand that as well. Jayro just says meet at runway # and launches in 4 min. Ghi will set up a mission the first time and then say hurry up to the next base in the same plane for the next mission.

Today I think someone said they were putting up a mission. When I looked to join there wasn't any. He said he deleted it since everyone had taken off to head to the base.  

I wanted to say this on country channel. Never got the opportunity. I think it's better to speak up here than have someone yelling for an hour on country because they're frustrated.

Personally, I rarely join missions these days. I've been in maybe 5 or 6 since returning. My squaddies enjoy 2 things for the most part, fighters and gv'ing. However, I often do what I think my country needs done when my squaddies are not on. Bombing bores me to tears but I do it if it's to help my countrymen. The folks on this a.m. wanted to capture a base and yet I saw no coordination. Oh they all yelled we're heading that way but they were just staggering in from different parts of the universe. Honestly I was just trying to be helpful in that regard. No that it's insightful commentary.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter