Author Topic: Here Come the French!  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
Re: Here Come the French!
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2011, 05:56:07 PM »
So can we get the Dewoitine D.520 now?

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2011, 05:56:36 PM »
Hope he had good intel for how to dig a good spider hole.
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2011, 05:57:21 PM »
Still reckon we should carpet bomb the whole country. but thats just me. Im one of those "Dont eff about" types
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2011, 06:03:47 PM »
Unless they've dug up Ronnie Reagan and have put him back in charge... then we may be bombing old Quaddafi's house again!

And he'll escape again, killing only an innocent child?

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2011, 06:25:09 PM »
It's about time something is getting done. The whole situation has been a "Damned if we do...." CF.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Rhah

• Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2011, 07:13:48 PM »
The French air strikes began shortly after pro-Gadhafi forces shot down an opposition jet above Benghazi Saturday morning. Dramatic footage of the pilot ejecting from the plane just a few hundred feet above the ground was shown on Al Jazeera television. He did not survive.

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/03/19/french-fighter-jets-open-fire-in-libya-as-western-military-inter/
Kommando Nowotny

Your level of fail is increasing exponentially with every subsequent post

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2011, 07:24:26 PM »
Still reckon we should carpet bomb the whole country. but thats just me. Im one of those "Dont eff about" types

Right, let's just ignore those silly little Rules of Engagement.  I mean really, those little babies and grandma's are the real threat.

:bhead

-Penguin

Offline Rhah

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2011, 07:25:44 PM »
Right, let's just ignore those silly little Rules of Engagement.  I mean really, those little babies and grandma's are the real threat.

not to start a huge debate, but that is what we did in WWII...
Kommando Nowotny

Your level of fail is increasing exponentially with every subsequent post

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2011, 07:35:40 PM »

:bhead

-Penguin

Penguin finally got it right.  :salute
See Rule #4

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2011, 07:37:25 PM »

Exactly.  That doesn't make it any less evil.

-Penguin

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2011, 07:38:44 PM »
And he'll escape again, killing only an innocent child?

Yes Motherland, his daughter was killed and he escaped. And I'm sure that every day since he realized that he was responsible for his daughter being killed as a direct result of his actions.

You have to admit, I think he got the message... you didn't hear very much from him at all for oh, about 30 years, after Reagan put him in his place......
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2011, 07:42:10 PM »
The whole point of it is that we're supporting a revolution stopping a government from killing innocent civilians... what exactly would this accomplish?
France has their international credibility at stake as well, which is probably part of the reason they're so aggressive about this, I'd imagine- they already recognized the rebellion as the legitimate government of Libya a little while ago.

Completely different situation, and that's not really what happened in the first place.

Yes Motherland, his daughter was killed and he escaped. And I'm sure that every day since he realized that he was responsible for his daughter being killed as a direct result of his actions.

You have to admit, I think he got the message... you didn't hear very much from him at all for oh, about 30 years, after Reagan put him in his place......
It would seem that he was still the violent dictator of his country for another 30 years... he really got put in his place...
Meanwhile the US killing an innocent child is apparently a major piece of propaganda there, there were images on the BBC a little while ago of Gaddafi supporters parading around the house that was bombed (there's a monument and such), apparently it's a symbol of defiance against the west...

Of course, based on US foreign policy of the 80's, it doesn't seem like Reagan really cared about killing innocents as long as... someone could kind of make the argument that maybe political gains were made...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:45:40 PM by Motherland »

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2011, 07:49:47 PM »
It would seem that he was still the violent dictator of his country for another 30 years... he really got put in his place...

Are you suggesting that we should have invaded and forcefully removed him from power? I say "got put in his place" because he, for all intents and purposes, removed himself from the international terror scene.... prior to the US action he had been actively training terrorists at numerous encampments, and was directly responsible for multiple terror acts being carried out, including Lockerbie.

After the US action... he confined his treachery to his own soil, at worst.

Meanwhile the US killing an innocent child is apparently a major piece of propaganda there, there were images on the BBC a little while ago of Gaddafi supporters parading around the house that was bombed (there's a monument and such), apparently it's a symbol of defiance against the west...

propaganda will reach those willing to listen to it and believe it, no matter what reason and reality are....
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:51:43 PM by Reaper90 »
Floyd

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2011, 07:51:55 PM »
propaganda will reach those willing to listen to it and believe it, no matter what reason and reality are....

Propaganda will reach those willing to listen to and believe it, no matter what reason and reality are...

Great yoink opportunity, guys, I even cleaned it up for you!

-Penguin

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2011, 07:53:16 PM »
and?

<--- old, and apparently doesn't know what "yoink" means
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:55:33 PM by Reaper90 »
Floyd