Author Topic: <S> to all the journalists in Lybia  (Read 154 times)

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
<S> to all the journalists in Lybia
« on: March 21, 2011, 07:25:31 PM »
if this ends up being a political thread, very sorry, but i thought i would put this out there.

there are countless journalists from all over the Free World currently in Libya, risking their own lives to provide their people with the truth. I think the 4 N.Y. Times journalists that just got freed from the Libyan government are a good testament to the real dangers these people face to give us information. I think it is admirable that these corespondents are setting up in the middle of the war zone, reporting durring heavy AAA fire and explosions, visiting the scenes of destruction, truly trying to get the views from both sides.

i also admire the Libyan civilians in the Western part of the country who risk their lives to talk to Western news networks. it takes real guts to tell the world about feelings that you are not allowed to talk about in your own homeland, punishable by death.

not naming any names, not pointing any fingers here. if you think this is a political thread, i'm sorry. while we often do not agree with their reports, or their opinions, you must admit that they are all truly courageous to be out there in the thick of it, just to make sure we know what is really going on.

a hearty :salute to them, may they all stay safe and well
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:51:07 PM by Wildcat1 »
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74