Author Topic: Seriously???  (Read 1707 times)

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Seriously???
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2011, 09:57:28 AM »
Keep ticking off what little player base we have....Remove the player caps if its less than 250!!!

Your so wrong.

Maybe your a gamer and not a player.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2011, 10:10:06 AM »
Aye, me arse is creaky and the grogan dinna want to come out n'more. Why did they put the sphincter lock on me arena ker-rap?

OP: I belong to Squad Atari. There are 500 of use waiting to get on so we can gang and ho, then pat each other on the back for our skillful flying. How come this game isn't more like Galaxian or the Sewer of WarKrap?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »
I just bought the game and I think player caps is stupid. I'd rather play in "off hours" when there can be 300+ people on the same server. I didn't buy this game as a MMO just so that I can play IL-2 with worse graphics. If I wanted small battles I'd play IL-2 or some other flight sim. It kinda ruins the feeling that I'm taking part in a war, especially when I'm striving to win on one map, then I take a break and come back only to find out I have to fight for another map, then I take another break and find out I have to fight over YET ANOTHER map because there are effectively three different servers splitting up a community of roughly 500 players at any given time.

If I didn't like flight sims so much and the "off hours" arena didn't exist, I probably wouldn't be giving them my money. Plus I like to support local businesses since HiTech is really close to where I live, but I'd still rather see one large arena than two small ones. If people wan small battles they can go to the duel arena or play IL-2.

Hoff, since you are new, please consider the possibility that the split arenas and arena caps solve problems that you are unaware of.

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2011, 05:45:48 PM »
My interests and hobbies takes me to many forums where like minded people can express their opinions, share ideas and have fun. I've received lots of help and laughter on this forum, and for the most part believe it is a positive thing. However, one thing that sets this forum apart from the many others I participate in is the vitriolic behavior I've seen in some of the responses.

The attacks usually come from the same individuals and usually comes after a post concerning suggestions to improve the game. You know what is just as old and tired as someone whining about arena caps, HO's, pickers, vulchers, ad infinitum ad nauseum? The counter whines (and yes that's what they are) in the form of belittling, insulting, degrading and berating attacks like the ones on this thread.

If you think that someone is whining, a positive and contributing response would be to enlighten them by informing/debating the subject at hand. An overt and blatant insult serves no purpose other than to gratify his/her ego or fill some other hole missing in their personality/life. If one cannot help but to attack, I'm not against a witty jab or clever laconic stabs. Just make it entertaining, otherwise, the group as a whole would be better served if one would just pass on the response. I say this because there is no ".squelch" on this board that I know.

Prediction: shortly after I post this, some of these same individuals will prove my point.
in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »
belittling, insulting, degrading and berating attacks
My interests and hobbies takes me to many forums where like minded people can express their opinions, share ideas and have fun. I've received lots of help and laughter on this forum, and for the most part believe it is a positive thing. However, one thing that sets this forum apart from the many others I participate in is the pseudo psychiatric mind reading behavior I've seen in some of the responses.

If you think I was in some psychopathically schadenfreudian seizure when I wrote the above, you need (not thicker skin, but) to get a grip on what text communication like this internet forum format does to human expression.  IE what you read as crass insult might just be dispassionate tongue in cheek at genuinely perceived absurdity.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 06:10:25 PM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline HighGTrn

• Copper Member
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2011, 06:40:01 PM »
Now that's a clever, witty and humorous. Well done. :aok
in game call sign: S1n1ster

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »
 :noid
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2011, 07:10:39 PM »
BiPolar likes turtles.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2011, 07:35:03 PM »
I like waffles
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2011, 07:54:48 PM »
See Rule #4

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2011, 07:57:19 PM »
I raise all of you one banana

:banana:
Strokes

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »

Well played sir. Very clever.
See Rule #4

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2011, 07:22:21 AM »

I woke up with a raised banana...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2011, 08:04:15 AM »
I think Skuzzy needs to start a Cap whine category in Forums.
Maybe Snailman can create a pie chart to show whine threads vs all others.
Hey Von, sounds like you need little blue bill, turn that  :banana: into WOOD :neener:

<S> Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2011, 08:05:46 AM »
I give up ...I keep finding some thing else to do when the caps are full . Hmmm wonder if I can get a rebate on my scrip for just flying when caps are not full ..
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!