Author Topic: Jabo'ing  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Jabo'ing
« on: March 24, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »
This is one of the funnest aspects of the game for me and maybe one of the riskiest. That would be "Attack Mode" for those unaware. I love that stuff. Diving in to drop eggs, fire rockets, and then mixing it up afterwards. Risky because you are exposing yourself to werbles and ack. Then there are the cons that hang out on the back side of the base just itching for a distracted target. On the other hand if you like to fight you can view it as an invitation to the bad guys.

Now some may call it tool shedding. I don't see that here because the object is to survive and continue the fight.

You're a one man wrecking crew, blowing up things, watching rockets sizzling through the air, and knocking down cons. Doesn't get any better.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: Jabo'ing
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »
Jaboing has become one of my favorite things to do in game, especially using rockets to take down the ack.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 10:06:17 PM »
Jaboing has become one of my favorite things to do in game, especially using rockets to take down the ack.

Yeah, or to overcome the cannon guys.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 10:08:26 PM by Getback »

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 10:08:36 PM »
I love it too, the only think I don't like about it is being so heavy on the way to the target.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 10:09:49 PM »
I love it too, the only thing that I dislike about it is being so heavy on the way to target.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 10:12:03 PM »
I love it too, the only thing that I dislike about it is being so heavy on the way to target.

Always reminds of a cartoon where a Stork is bring baby hughey.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 10:15:53 PM »
This is one of the funnest aspects of the game for me and maybe one of the riskiest. That would be "Attack Mode" for those unaware. I love that stuff. Diving in to drop eggs, fire rockets, and then mixing it up afterwards. Risky because you are exposing yourself to werbles and ack. Then there are the cons that hang out on the back side of the base just itching for a distracted target. On the other hand if you like to fight you can view it as an invitation to the bad guys.

Now some may call it tool shedding. I don't see that here because the object is to survive and continue the fight.

You're a one man wrecking crew, blowing up things, watching rockets sizzling through the air, and knocking down cons. Doesn't get any better.

100% Argee

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 02:14:01 AM »
My thoughts on jabo'ing...  If you're not ultimately trying to stop some guy from blowing up something of yours and taking something away from you, or vice versa, what are you fighting about?  Its the ordnance that wins the war, the bullets are just to get it there, or stop it from getting there.

Nothing is better than dropping a hanger in one pass while diving from 12k....

:D

vNucks

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 07:18:30 AM »
mobilis in mobile

Offline Vapor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 07:58:38 AM »
I like the challenge of trying to knock out hangars in one pass with cons, ack, and just aiming.  :airplane:

Lt. Vapor
VF-17 Jolly Rogers
AH Tour 115 start

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 09:11:20 AM »
I feel a sense of accomplishment just for dropping my bombs and not hitting the trees on the egress whether I hit anything or not.

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 09:22:31 AM »
I feel a sense of accomplishment just for dropping my bombs and not hitting the trees on the egress whether I hit anything or not.

yep, I augered the other day. Oops!

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2011, 10:45:57 AM »
Made this for a squad i was in about gun sights and jabo

http://thesquad.forumotion.net/t217-gun-sights-and-jabo#1077

To take out hangers i usually let rockets go one at a time first then switch to bombs

Finding the right one that works for you is not easy. Many just use the default which is nice but not always right for every plane. The P51 for instance has a smaller window and if you wanted to get real knit picky with it you'd want a slightly smaller sight. I have made many brand new sights for AH and one of them is the down sized default for the F4U's and 51.

I have run out of time for today and will continue on this subject at a later date.  GUN SIGHTS are important especially when using rockets or trying to find a gun solution for taking that lead shot.

The inner circles works ok and is different.
Below is the downsized smaller default I made which is good in a few planes.

Great for 109/190's
    B-25>>>

Using the friendly icons in the background you can figure about how far I am away from the targets. It will give you a good idea of what you can do, i can take dar out from 2k but i usually waste a rocket doing that.

The Green  cross hairs are only available in the training arena. It marks exactly where your ord will hit.

Cleaning up ack is simple for me because i know how to use the sights. It took very little practice in the TA using sights like the the yellow ones I've made for you. I can basically use any or NO sight at all now to kill ack from distance because of them.

Most of these sights you can just copy and paste right into your HTC/sights folder. Right click, save image to Picture folder then find it, drag and drop it in the HTC's Sights Folder and your done.  

-->:shout: I hope you guys checked out my sounds BTW. They are very good complimentary sounds for AH. You should be impressed with many of them. The Plane hits are great!

To take out hangers i usually let rockets go one at a time first then switch to bombs

The sight I'm using through this is the first of it's kind i made and one of the bottom choices i would recommend since many improvements have been made since then. Judging by the green lead computing sight in training mode you can see that they are set up to be accurate.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:50:46 AM by A8TOOL »

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2011, 10:56:50 AM »
Oh yeah, heavy Pony or Jug.  Smack a couple of GV's, rocket some guns down and kill some airplanes.  It's the total experience! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!