Author Topic: Play quality  (Read 6712 times)

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
Re: Play quality
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2011, 06:11:32 PM »
Of course in the 80's this game was a dream come true for us who loved ww2 aviation.  That was over two decades ago for me...

Hey!  That was over two decades ago for me too!  Wow!  That's cool!   :banana:

EDIT:

AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2011, 02:01:02 AM »
How did you guys play a game released in 2000 on that old 80s hardware?

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2011, 02:19:37 AM »
How did you guys play a game released in 2000 on that old 80s hardware?

"Air Warrior was an early multiplayer on-line air-combat simulator. A player is able to fly a simulated World War II aircraft, fighting with and against other players, each flying his own simulated aircraft. It was introduced in 1986 by Kelton Flinn is an American computer game designer who is a major pioneer in online games. He is a co-founder of the seminal online game company Kesmai, which they began in 1982...and his company Kesmai was a pioneering game developer and online game publisher, founded in 1981 by Kelton Flinn and John Taylor. The company was best known for the combat flight sim Air Warrior on the GEnie online service, one of the first graphical MMOGs, launched in 1987.... At this time the internet was not generally available outside the worlds of government and academia. Kesmai therefore used the online service GEnie was an online service created by a General Electric business - GEIS that ran from 1985 through the end of 1999. In 1994, GEnie claimed around 350,000 users. Peak simultaneous usage was around 10,000 users...for the game's networked communication."

For many of us this was where we started....we then followed the game through its different progressions until AH2....

SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2011, 11:19:37 AM »
I was there on Genie for a short before some of us misused company assets that allowed us to secure connections......even from home.

I flew as Quisp.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 02:18:56 PM by icepac »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »
I have always been Zoney even back then, well, except for the month I flew as "Cindy" on Warbirds.  Never knew so many guys could be so helpful  :O.  Some even offered to come over to my house to help me set up my views and such.  Still makes me giggle.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline sveno

• Nickel Member
« Reply #155 on: September 21, 2011, 09:08:09 AM »
Found good fights over the hole decade...

Hasn't changed. Nothing else matters.

:airplane: :salute

Orgasmic Interception.
Current status of M.I.L.F: On standby - awaiting aircraft.

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #156 on: September 22, 2011, 05:50:12 PM »
No difference at all, we still inflate our ego's and bully newer, less experienced players.
Yea, simply because I can