Author Topic: 1.08 plane usage?  (Read 591 times)

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
1.08 plane usage?
« on: September 05, 2001, 06:46:00 AM »
I imagine the guys from Jv44 have been hoarding their perks and will be seen in the arena as a schwarm of Me262s, causing all kinds of mayhem in general, but apart from that, how are you guys planning to make use of the new planes in 1.08?

Ground vehicle-busting with the Hurri II?
Low-level base raids with the Mossie?
Will the new F4U-1 just be a scenario plane?
I'm not sure it has any advantages over the existing F4U's, other than a cool paint job.
Is this the bird-cage canopy version without air to ground capability?

Besides JV44, and probably RCAF 416 Sqdn, who will use the Mossie, anybody planning on making one of these babies their primary squad ride?

Offline Westy MOL

• Silver Member
1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2001, 08:00:00 AM »
ME-262 will be a thrill. Hurricane too as I like to hunt GV's. (hoping the armour values and modelling on the GV's is checked out)
 Hell, I like any and all planes so I'll be checking them out regardless.

Westy

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2001, 08:07:00 AM »
I havnt spent a dime of my perkies...but i will have to purchase a 262 just for kicks.

The Mossie and the Hurris I will fly on a reg basis, but the early F4U will just sit in my hangar (Im not a fan of the corsair)

Im still having phone problems, Im hoping that I will get this phone stuff situated before release. Until then S! to everybody and especially S! to the Journeymen and the ROOKS!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2001, 08:08:00 AM »
I agree, Luftwabble types will dip into the vast stores of perk points to pollute the arena with 262's for the first little while.

Ill be trying everything new. First off will probably be a hurricane.   Maby straiff a train  :)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2001, 08:11:00 AM »
It'll be fun to fly 262 but my guess is it's more fun to chase them with 30k P-51D with full tanks of fuel  ;)

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2001, 08:16:00 AM »
If link works...

If not then go to here.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
I can't wait for the Me262. It will be a pleasure loitering at their field in me La7 as they take off/land.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2001, 08:26:00 AM »
The MA being the MA... we'll see a lotta 262 v 262 action.. jets hunting jets the first few days.

Of course, this means as the two adversary jets get into their lil dance, I'll be able to tool on over with my pony and kill the red one.

I just luv this sim.  :)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Gtoraii

• Zinc Member
1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2001, 09:49:00 AM »
Will the 262 be restricted to the big fields?
Or to certain fields?  Like it was in WBs?

If so I'm going to load up on gas and head for those fields and kill me some 262s when they are low and slow.   :D

Rojo

1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2001, 12:39:00 PM »
Ah, if only you could transfer perk points between players.  Then we could charge our fellow countrymen who wish to lift off in a 262 a “protection” fee to loiter over their launch base and keep the bad-guys away  :D.  Hey, that’s capitalism for you.  Seriously though, those first couple of minutes of flight are going to be a bit harrowing for the 262 studs (just coined a new phrase there; like it?).  Basically, you’ll have to pick your launch point very carefully, with an eye to the sector bar (wish we could do away with that, don’t you?).  You’ll have to balance the risk of getting caught low and slow against the need to be near enough to the action to reach in without running the tanks dry.  The 262 guzzled fuel like soda pop, so with the MA’s restrictive burn rates, the Stormbird will be extremely limited in combat radius.

That said, I’ll be burning my carefully hoarded PPs to take a few up.  I’m also looking forward to the Mossie.  I expect it will make a fine low-level HQ raider, not to mention a train and convoy killer extraordinaire.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2001, 12:48:00 PM »
I'll be doing nothing but vulching jets for a while.  It is going to be so fun to take away perkies from the gottawins.   :)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
The Mossie being my second favorite plane after the P47... expect me there  :D :D :D
But the MA.. I didn't flew in it for...2 weeks  :)
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline F4UDOA

• Silver Member
      • http://mywebpages.comcast.net/markw4/index.html
1.08 plane usage?
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2001, 02:21:00 PM »
The fight will definitly be heading upstairs with 1.08. Expect to see more 20K+ action than ever before. I suspect the P-47, P-38 and P-51 will really come into their own.

I can hear quite a few wines coming about Alt. monkeys. Personally I will stay low and slow in my F4U-1 birdcage and enjoy the scenery of 262's falling like meteors form the sky.