Author Topic: Shore Battery Bug  (Read 594 times)

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
Shore Battery Bug
« on: April 01, 2011, 10:14:51 AM »
I've noticed this before but just now getting around to saying something.
Last night I was in a shore battery giving a CV the old what for, when the gun moved on its own un-commanded. One second I was looking at the CV and the next the view was panning to the right until it had gone full travel.  It happened twice before I managed to sink the CV.
I was set on Sea mode at the time.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Re: Shore Battery Bug
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:18:45 AM »
I get that in 8" guns in sea mode sometimes too - nudge it one way a little and the gun keeps on traversing, nudge it back and it keeps going the other way. it vexes me. I am most vexed.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 12:00:54 PM »
Sounds more like your joystick didn't quite re-center all the way.  Try calibrating and/or setting a little deadband.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 12:13:59 PM »
I get that in 8" guns in sea mode sometimes too - nudge it one way a little and the gun keeps on traversing, nudge it back and it keeps going the other way. it vexes me. I am most vexed.

yep. I've had that happen as well.
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 03:51:48 PM »
Is it possible you may have accidently clicked on the map with your mouse which will cause the gun to traverse to the location you accidentally identified on the map???  :salute

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 03:53:49 PM »
nope, it just happens sometimes. today in 8" I wasnt even adjusting fire and the gun traversed maybe 15deg, then back again to the exact same position. the cruiser was running straight, no maneuvering.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 05:41:19 PM »
I've been having the cruiser 8 inch guns actually raise or lower trajectory as I pan and it seems to happen at exactly the same spot as I pan back and forth....with more than one joystick.

It's not fun when your target is in that spot.

I also have my "stick set" for gunnery customized with a fairly large deadband.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 06:29:06 PM »
nope, it just happens sometimes. today in 8" I wasnt even adjusting fire and the gun traversed maybe 15deg, then back again to the exact same position. the cruiser was running straight, no maneuvering.
+1 happens to me also
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Flayed

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 03:58:35 PM »
 Have had it happen to me as well.   Usually when I'm zoomed in and it will stop if I hit z and zoom out but will go right back to panning if I zoom in again.
Bringing peace to the MA's 1 explody thingy at a time! :)

Pork em Pork em all!!!
  And the best quote EVERRRRR!!!
"All I can say is wow,some people are really stuck on stupid."
HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 09:13:50 PM »
Its been like this since I started using fleet guns. I always thought it was because of someone logging in and not getting the message that the gun was already in use.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 08:43:14 AM »
Happens to me in 5in all the time in sea mode, barrelv keeps swinging past the target and past again in the other direction. :furious
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 04:57:38 AM »
its a bug i have heard squadies mention it too.  it was happened to me, it just moves all over the place.  i usually press q then start all over.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2011, 05:10:15 AM »
interesting variation of the bug yesterday - 5" in sea mode, good hits on enemy fleet at ~5k, traversing only and the range instantly popped up to ~17k :bhead
71 (Eagle) Squadron