Author Topic: black belt patriotism  (Read 2153 times)

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
Re: black belt patriotism
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 04:04:31 AM »
Some of the responses here remind of an old cliche...

Something about a book, and it's cover... ...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 04:06:44 AM by saggs »

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 04:14:10 AM »
I dunno, it says something about Chuck being an "actor." How seriously can I take it? :D

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 04:33:32 AM »
THIS IS ABOUT AMERICA REFINDING ITS ROOTS  :mad: :mad: :mad:

I thought we already killed all of the Indians?  :headscratch:
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 04:52:01 AM »
I thought we already killed all of the Indians?  :headscratch:

Doesn't matter. We are all descendants of refugees from Atlantis.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 04:55:43 AM »
Chuck probably does stand more chance of making change than Obama
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 08:52:53 AM »
I'm sick of celebrities thinking they're experts on everything just because they're famous.

put it this way, would you take karate advice from Henry Kissinger?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 09:48:51 AM »
I'm sick of celebrities thinking they're experts on everything just because they're famous.

put it this way, would you take karate advice from Henry Kissinger?

but...but...but...it's CHUCK NORRIS...
 :noid
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 10:31:53 AM »
Indiana Jones Patriotism trumps Norris Blackbelt Patriotism...

I'm firmly behind having the best of both worlds.... NEO-Patriotism FTW!!

:noid
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »
Drop us a quote if you don't mind? One that really inspired you, or tickled your brain.
An often overlooked aspect of our First Amendment right is the "right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." I was certainly grieved earlier this year, when a California state appeals court ruled that parents without teaching credentials do not have a Constitutional right to home school their children. Besides statewide consequences, this decision could set a legal precedent for other states as well. (This hits particularly close to home because my wife Gena and I personally home school our seven year old twins).
At the core of these types of ludicrous rulings is the assault on the parent-child relationship by judges who refuse to support of even acknowledge parental rights. This California appellate judgment is likely to be and should be overturned-but it and other similar rulings are warnings to us all of how liberal judges are seeking rulings are warnings to us all of how liberal judges are seeking to infringe upon the freedoms and rights we have as parents and to subvert the Constitution.

This is just a mere paragraph, he covers many more things, i just flipped to a random page and quoted a paragraph
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 01:42:20 PM »
An often overlooked aspect of our First Amendment right is the "right of the people to peaceably assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." I was certainly grieved earlier this year, when a California state appeals court ruled that parents without teaching credentials do not have a Constitutional right to home school their children. Besides statewide consequences, this decision could set a legal precedent for other states as well. (This hits particularly close to home because my wife Gena and I personally home school our seven year old twins).
At the core of these types of ludicrous rulings is the assault on the parent-child relationship by judges who refuse to support of even acknowledge parental rights. This California appellate judgment is likely to be and should be overturned-but it and other similar rulings are warnings to us all of how liberal judges are seeking rulings are warnings to us all of how liberal judges are seeking to infringe upon the freedoms and rights we have as parents and to subvert the Constitution.

This is just a mere paragraph, he covers many more things, i just flipped to a random page and quoted a paragraph

I don't see how the First Amendment is violated here.  The First Amendment was intended to prevent the government from machine-gunning protestors.  What the california judge did was perfectly logical.  Why should parents without teaching credentials be able to homeschool their kids?  What could the average parent do that a school couldn't?

The only thing that I can see is the parent giving the child indoctrination (I won't go any further on that topic, it would violate rule #14). 
-Penguin

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »
I don't see how the First Amendment is violated here.  The First Amendment was intended to prevent the government from machine-gunning protestors.  What the california judge did was perfectly logical.  Why should parents without teaching credentials be able to homeschool their kids?  What could the average parent do that a school couldn't?

The only thing that I can see is the parent giving the child indoctrination (I won't go any further on that topic, it would violate rule #14). 
-Penguin
You people make me sick, and this time there's nothing wrong except you people.
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v1ICQK7WpY&feature=related

what do you mean "you people"?
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »

Cool it, screaming will only make us think you're crazy. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v1ICQK7WpY&feature=related

what do you mean "you people"?

:rofl PWN'T!

-Penguin

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 02:10:03 PM »

There is a reason there are minimum requirements to education.  In my personal experience, homeschooled children are 85% severely lacking in general critical thinking (and this is compared to the screwy critical thinking of general education products, mind you), and 100% are far, far behind in actual working knowledge of any given subject.  Very few parents are capable of teaching anywhere near the level of competency that is required to be successful, nor do they have anywhere near a complete knowledge of the subjects taught.  Teaching a single subject these days, in most states requires a Master's or Doctorate in that SINGLE subject.  I guess homeschool parents hold MS degrees in the entire curriculum.  (And, I'm sorry, but you truly have to love a subject if you spend that much time be educated in it.  It's laughable when someone argues that a graduate degree is just a piece of paper.  Those that argue it, think it's another BS or BA.  It really isn't.)

Yours may be a shining gem, and an exception to the norm, but that just isn't the case, as a whole.  

Furthermore, all of the homeschoolers I have been around are socially awkward, some to the point of overt aggression.  They are also generally religious ideologues, which I gather, is the point, from the parental side, on many occasions.  Looking through one of their "biology" textbooks was a sad hilarity.   One 15 year old kid I was working with was using his Dad's textbook in Chemistry...published in 1979.

They also lack innate work ethic, and do not think for themselves.  These are just my personal experiences, and they were with "gifted" homeschooled children.  

Parental teaching should be complementary to the general education they receive outside of the family unit.  Otherwise, it truly is the textbook definition of indoctrination and is completely unfair to the child.  But I still agree it is anyone's right to screw up their children how they will.  Or equip them for success.  However you look at it, evolution will decide.   :aok 

I guess inherently we all want to make little robots of ourselves, because we are perfect.  <sarcasm>
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 02:19:33 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 02:22:41 PM »
Aren't Black Belts Japanese?  :headscratch:   :bolt:

Chuck is Japanese.  He had plastic surgery when he was trying to get into acting.

Amazing isn't it.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.