Author Topic: Idea to prevent 2 account cheating  (Read 4186 times)

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
Re: Idea to prevent 2 account cheating
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2011, 07:14:51 PM »
An IP address should not have more than one account at a given arena. They should get discoed & reported.

This won't work.  1) On some networks, all you will see is the IP address of the gateway which means you would be locking out more than 1 person in an entire building or neighborhood.  2) If you are really concerned about cheating, it would take you about 20 minutes to learn how to beat an IP lockout by going thru a proxy server someplace.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:16:27 PM by EagleDNY »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2011, 03:46:19 AM »
Just remember: just because your not paranoid doesnt mean their not out to get you.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2011, 05:44:45 AM »
Chalenge quoting Kurt Cobain?

my my  :)
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2011, 12:03:58 PM »
I'm all for helping HTC. Howevwer we help them, they will be able/willing to spend more time improving the game. If a gamer logs onto the game, joins a mission, bails when they take-ff and logs onto an opposing side. That would be trackable and easy to stop & disco whomever is doing it.
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
I'm all for helping HTC. Howevwer we help them, they will be able/willing to spend more time improving the game. If a gamer logs onto the game, joins a mission, bails when they take-ff and logs onto an opposing side. That would be trackable and easy to stop & disco whomever is doing it.

So you want to disco people on the possibility they might be spying?

All of these "solutions" to cheating and spying have 2 things in common. They restrict acceptable behavior while failing to accomplish their goals.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »
So you want to disco people on the possibility they might be spying?

All of these "solutions" to cheating and spying have 2 things in common. They restrict acceptable behavior while failing to accomplish their goals.

I want to round them all up und put zem in der arbeitslager, there to perform medical experimentation on those dirty little slackers!

God forbid somebody might be enjoying themselves out there...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2011, 01:33:51 PM »
The fix is so simple it hurts: Turn off green dots for goons only, give the goon a bright green dot signature like the 234 that can be seen from 9k away by friendlies so we dont end up chasing them, (or just use your radio to ask if the dot you're seeing is a goon or not) but still turn off clipboard dot for C47.   :aok
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2011, 02:57:41 PM »
Two accounts is so 2005. You all need to get up to speed with what is going on in 2011. Film viewer in real time while your playing is what is going on of late . :aok Oh & for the record I don't do it.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2011, 03:04:48 PM »
Two accounts is so 2005. You all need to get up to speed with what is going on in 2011. Film viewer in real time while your playing is what is going on of late . :aok Oh & for the record I don't do it.

SAY WHAT?  :O
See Rule #4

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2011, 03:29:33 PM »

Of course you don't do this, it is not possible to be running AH and watching a film at the same time.

HiTech

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2011, 03:37:22 PM »
Of course you don't do this, it is not possible to be running AH and watching a film at the same time.

HiTech
Sorry to tell you there are people who can & do. I don't know the specifics as I am not a PC guy. That aside from what I have been told it involves a second computer attached to your game PC & using the 2ND PC in some fashion to monitor the first one in real time via film viewer.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2011, 03:40:18 PM »
Sorry to tell you there are people who can & do. I don't know the specifics as I am not a PC guy. That aside from what I have been told it involves a second computer attached to your game PC & using the 2ND PC in some fashion to monitor the first one in real time via film viewer.

If someone needs to cheat that badly, I have no problem with it.  Chances are they suck so much that it won't be hard to kill them.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2011, 03:43:47 PM »
Wow, that type of nonsense makes me go..

See Rule #4

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2011, 03:47:41 PM »
Wow, that type of nonsense makes me go..

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks like the Cubbies when they come to town and Cliff Lee is pitching.   :P
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2011, 03:48:41 PM »
Looks like the Cubbies when they come to town and Cliff Lee is pitching.

Touche'  :D
See Rule #4