Author Topic: Idea to prevent 2 account cheating  (Read 4159 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: Idea to prevent 2 account cheating
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2011, 03:52:06 PM »
Sorry to tell you there are people who can & do. I don't know the specifics as I am not a PC guy. That aside from what I have been told it involves a second computer attached to your game PC & using the 2ND PC in some fashion to monitor the first one in real time via film viewer.

I doubt it's that complicated.. 2 pc's and file sharing on yer home network would do it. not in real time, but close to real time.. save film, copy film to other pc, run film viewer.

but what advantage does this give someone?
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline fbEagle

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2011, 03:57:21 PM »
Everyone knows it happens, there is a simple fix. Allow players the option of tuning off their friendly radar signature (ie the green dot) this would be similar to turning off IFF in modern aircraft.  Just a thought but my squaddies like the idea.  salute

Awesome idea +1!
<Insert witty remark here>

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2011, 04:01:14 PM »

I doubt it's that complicated.. 2 pc's and file sharing on yer home network would do it. not in real time, but close to real time.. save film, copy film to other pc, run film viewer.

but what advantage does this give someone?

Well look at the list of items that are shown on film viewer. Who & where & in what. Makes for easy one shots on enemy tanks every time if you know exactly where they are & the exact range. Just for an example in GV's,now explore your options in the air fight range,location more than 10k away who is higher or lower who is in bombers or fighters. See what I mean.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2011, 04:10:50 PM »
Well look at the list of items that are shown on film viewer. Who & where & in what. Makes for easy one shots on enemy tanks every time if you know exactly where they are & the exact range. Just for an example in GV's,now explore your options in the air fight range,location more than 10k away who is higher or lower who is in bombers or fighters. See what I mean.

ok yeah, but still....

If someone needs to cheat that badly, I have no problem with it.  Chances are they suck so much that it won't be hard to kill them.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 04:12:37 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2011, 04:26:34 PM »
ok yeah, but still....

I know what can you do. Just wanted people to know that there is other ways out there than two accounts.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2011, 04:28:39 PM »
Sorry to tell you there are people who can & do. I don't know the specifics as I am not a PC guy. That aside from what I have been told it involves a second computer attached to your game PC & using the 2ND PC in some fashion to monitor the first one in real time via film viewer.

Did you get that information on April 1st?

I monitor my game computer in real time by looking at it.

Edit: Presumably you mean to say that people are recording film and watching it on a second PC.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 05:01:44 PM by FLS »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2011, 04:38:10 PM »
If someone needs to cheat that badly, I have no problem with it.  Chances are they suck so much that it won't be hard to kill them.

Hmmm... better check out the most often #1 guy then... 1 shots from up to 3k in tanks... always running from tough opponents when he sees them above his alt from 10k range!... and check the ch 200 logs where he and his squaddies admit doing it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2011, 04:44:49 PM »
Did you get that information on April 1st?

I monitor my game computer in real time by looking at it.
No. Let me elaborate a little more. I was working a vbase with a tank by deacking it another individual came along with a C47 & parked it 8k away. While I was deacking he proceeded to tell me who just upped & in what & they are rolling towards me. So I killed said GV several times each time being told who & in what from some one 8k away.

I finally get base deacked & goon driver tells me he is on the way because he can see said person upping GV no longer upping from that V-base.

There was no others around enemy or friendly so no one else was a factor with how he knew. So I asked how did you know who & in what from several miles away. So he told me & all the other things you could do with it & others that he knew used it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 04:51:25 PM by lyric1 »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
I figured out what you meant Lyric. You posted during my edit.  It was the "real time monitoring" that threw me off.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2011, 04:52:40 PM »
I figured out what you meant Lyric. You posted during my edit.  It was the "real time monitoring" that threw me off.
I am not a PC guy so from my perspective it was happening in real time.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2011, 05:00:44 PM »
I am not a PC guy so from my perspective it was happening in real time.

Real time monitoring means you see it as it happens. AH Film is a recording which you play back after the recorded event occurred.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2011, 05:52:19 PM »
Real time monitoring means you see it as it happens. AH Film is a recording which you play back after the recorded event occurred.
Yes I understand that. When your playing though & some one is telling you that an m16 just upped before you can see or hear him & your within a few hundred yards of spawn hanger & a second later the engine starts from that perspective it seemed live to me at the time.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2011, 06:43:40 PM »
I'm not arguing whether it was live or not, just defining terms. I assume you don't know how the person was monitoring, you just know what you were told by that person.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2011, 06:50:26 PM »
I'm not arguing whether it was live or not, just defining terms. I assume you don't know how the person was monitoring, you just know what you were told by that person.
Watching film viewer on 2ND PC that was monitoring 1st PC while in game? Best I can do for you on that.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2011, 06:55:48 PM »
Watching film viewer on 2ND PC that was monitoring 1st PC while in game? Best I can do for you on that.
doing it live would require knowing where and how the films are cached while the game is running...sharing the folder across the network and directing the film viewer to open the active file while it is still in the proces of being created...don't think it's possible, but hey there are some people who will go to extraordinary lengths to game the game.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett